Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 59

Author Topic: The Mind: Day 4 - Finale  (Read 112655 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: The concept of "Alive"
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2014, 06:24:24 pm »

" this might sound stupid but we don't know anything about the planet so there could be some mental warfare going on like mind control no one should go alone"

stick with Jonathan suggesting he collect a sample of the black stuff before washing it off. Check my messages. Radio base

"Hey we have a live sample can someone come down with a bag big enough to hold it and the water it needs to breathe."
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2014, 08:57:50 pm »

(How do I read these messages?)
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2014, 09:44:15 pm »

Do something. On a ship.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2014, 09:57:53 pm »

I want to know that as well
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2014, 10:01:28 pm »

"I'll be over to the base shortly; I just need to secure this specimen."
Lightly nudge it farther from the bank, get a sample of the "ink", wash my hand in the river, and wait for someone to arrive with a bag; should it suffocate before I get there, then take the corpse to base and place it in a fridge.

"Specimen appears aquatic, but the only visible orfice is an ink ejection hole, or possibly anus. And one of you better come with that bag quickly, or I'll see to it Guni puts some of the corpse into each of your rations!"
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2014, 06:18:12 am »

I want to know that as well
Simply state your intent to read them and message will appear.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2014, 06:22:12 am »

Already done um what's the ETA on the turn please :)
My Sig

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2014, 11:37:10 am »

Attempt to net the one seperated from the group. Have my tranq submachine gun ready in case any try to charge me.
Cromwell smiled as he saw the oppurtunity. The message could wait.

You chase after the bovine, but it quickly outruns you. On halfway to forest you hear Guni's description of events and predators chasing it. By time you reach them you are feeling tired, the higher gravity taking its toll on your endurance. The predators are already eating the bovine and their expression makes it very clear that they are not big on sharing their meal with you. Not actively hostile, mind you, but every now and then baring their teeth to you while they are not gobbling chunks of fresh flesh.

Gun is ready for scientific tranquilizer testing procedures.

>You have one new message.

((That wasn't meant to be my action but: eh. I was hoping to provoke some conversation.))

One of the cows just took off, and- Yeah he's toast. The pack of predators just picked him off. Hell if I know why he left the herd, he didn't seem frightened or anything. This is weird, so exercise some fucking caution for me alright boys? I can't help you from way up here..

Give them a quick description of the predators. Fly over the forest and see what else I can see on the ground below.

(Ah sorry, I mistook your dialog for thoughts.)

After describing the predators you take a flight over the forest. Tree canopy is quite thick making it hard to see the ground below, but occasionally you catch a glimpse of small birds and other, about one meter long creatures gliding between trees. What actual ground you see appears to have different type of plants growing on it than on the grassland on south. Wait, was that a dog?

" this might sound stupid but we don't know anything about the planet so there could be some mental warfare going on like mind control no one should go alone"

stick with Jonathan suggesting he collect a sample of the black stuff before washing it off. Check my messages. Radio base

"Hey we have a live sample can someone come down with a bag big enough to hold it and the water it needs to breathe."

You make your call. They'll send someone to pick up your sample. Meanwhile you check your messages.

"I'll be over to the base shortly; I just need to secure this specimen."
Lightly nudge it farther from the bank, get a sample of the "ink", wash my hand in the river, and wait for someone to arrive with a bag; should it suffocate before I get there, then take the corpse to base and place it in a fridge.

"Specimen appears aquatic, but the only visible orfice is an ink ejection hole, or possibly anus. And one of you better come with that bag quickly, or I'll see to it Guni puts some of the corpse into each of your rations!"
Call Pendle the doc on the radio.
"Man, I got a job for you, go back to the base, I would like you to make me a vaccine.

You nudge it carefully further away the river, it's not like it could get back there anyway. You scape all "ink" you can into a empty liquid canister and wash your hands. That hydrophobic coating on enviro-suits doesn't seem to be as good as they advertised it...

Two minutes later single-person flyer lands near you. The guy inside unloads a large box from flyers small gargo hold and fills it with river water. You drop the the creature into the box and go wash your hands again, just to be sure. Then three of you load it back into flyer and off to the base it goes.

Looks like György wants you to develope some vaccines for him.

(I assume this is your action and you do want to read the messages.)

Quote from: Theron Drakosen
Command the base back down since there isn't danger any more. Not that there were any in first place.

"Bring the damn ship down! It's pretty hard to get back in while you are flying up high."

Do something. On a ship.

You do something on the ship. Alone. Something you don't want others to see. While you are doing that you get a message saying that samples are being brought onto labs. Some dead birds and one living aquatic creature.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 11:40:09 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2014, 11:42:31 am »

Get down the mobile base.
 "We're cutting activities short for now. Until I get more messages, I'm worried about radio signals."
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2014, 11:56:24 am »

Attempt to locate obvious physical discrepancy within the same species.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 12:00:53 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2014, 11:57:15 am »

"We're cutting activities short for now. Until I get more messages, I'm worried about radio signals."
"Radio signals?! Here? We have to send somebody out, find the source! We could make first contact!"
Get back to the base ASAP.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 20, 2014, 12:01:58 pm »

"Radio signals?! Here? We have to send somebody out, find the source! We could make first contact!"
Get back to the base ASAP.
((Just saying that it is quite likely that it's just a creature that navigates through radar.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2014, 12:02:15 pm »

See what's beyond the forest.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 20, 2014, 12:37:39 pm »

See what's beyond the forest.
More forest. More rivers. More lakes and ponds. A swamp beyond range of your flyer. Mountains over 300 km in north. One meteorological team.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #104 on: December 20, 2014, 12:44:13 pm »

Land at the edge of the forest and secure the flyer. Venture a few meters into the forest in search of bugs. Keep my gun in hand.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 59