Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 59

Author Topic: The Mind: Day 4 - Finale  (Read 113046 times)

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: (Almost) Everyone is locked up
« Reply #405 on: January 13, 2015, 04:43:10 pm »

Start making a virus vaccine.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 13, 2015, 05:49:25 pm »

And yeah, not sure if people realize, but the comms are a bit more public than some people think.
What?
Wasn't the guy they're talking about being a total prick to someone earlier? I think you said Dr. Pendle met him.
((He wasn't being a total prick to someone; he's supposed to be a total prick to everyone.))

Upon being informed of this (Assuming he's informed of this), Jonathan immediately jumped at the opportunity. In fact, he was about halfway to the gate before realizing he should probably make preparations first. First, he makes a call to the engineering team, asking if his infirmary can be controlled remotely, and if not, if they can make it so. Second, he begins packing; a number of medical suits, environment suits, food, water, and emergency medical supplies for the trip there. Call the two from Geo 2 and check who'll be getting medical supplies; bringing them if the responsibility is put on me. Finally, set out along with anyone else who's coming.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #407 on: January 13, 2015, 05:56:45 pm »

ATV? Aren't there any cars?

Continue West.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 13, 2015, 07:58:36 pm »

Go back to base and get a net gun installed on the flyer
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 13, 2015, 09:19:55 pm »

Start working on a vaccine against BAQ-3.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 14, 2015, 11:45:46 am »

Yes to the automatic shotgun.
Ford the river!

What? Where you are going? You are in a jeep with Guni going west.

ATV? Aren't there any cars?

Continue West.

Fine, it is a jeep then. Without having a clear idea of the terrain people would be moving on government gave teams only vehicles able maneuvering on wide range of terrain.

You drive and Adam fears. If you had taken a look on map generated during landing you would know that there's another rapids in west cutting off your path. But you didn't.

Try and fiddle with the eyes to see if I can get one set to be normal and one set special.

This goes to unknown domain entirely. It's much easier to keep all eyes identical. Hmm, let's see what a random.org says... Nope, you couldn't figure this one out.

Start making a virus vaccine.
Start working on a vaccine against BAQ-3.

I'm not sure if I should allow this. Vaccine making is strictly on doctor's domain, especially if you want to do this using his equipment. If it is in labs then maybe. György's backstory mentions him being basically microbiologist so I guess I allow it. Alex on the other hand...

Are you two working on same thing?

Go back to base and get a net gun installed on the flyer

You fly back to the base and make your request to techies. They pool around the flyer and begin planning where it should be attached, how to control it and how to let user aim it properly.

This will take a while so you head to cafeteria for lunch.

"A cave network, you say? Well I can see why you'd want that studied as soon as possible. And I won't disagree about the use of an outpost.
Yes, I'll help you out with this. I'll send orders to our engineering team to begin working on coverting some of those boxes to suit the needs, just sent us the co-ordinates and we'll start right away.
And yeah, not sure if people realize, but the comms are a bit more public than some people think.
I'll pull Alex away from his work."

"You send orders?" Cole asks raising eyebrow.
"Fine, I'll take your word for it but I would like to hear official agreement from your expedition leader. And don't be too hasty with the containers, leave half of the lab container for our engineers to work on. Our laboratory has different needs than labs of biologists.
As for equipment we will provide tools needed for spelunking."

"I have word to say about the equipment security needs." Courtney cuts in.
"It is closed space so obviously long range weapons are useless, so pick only melee and short range weapons. Concussion grenades work great in closed spaces, but I worry if too strong explosives could cause a cave-in."

"The cave is carved into basalt, it can take good blows before you need to worry about that."

"Ok, strong explosives are ok then." Courtney nods to Cole.
"So knives, shotguns and grenades, that's what my subordinates will run with. Our quick scouting into the caves didn't reveal sings of anything big living inside but you can never be too careful. Do you have anything to add?" She asks from you.

Incidentally your ship has only two of those containers and one of them is hosting your ex boss. Better move him somewhere else or have him shipped off the planet entirely. Do a google image search with keyword "container" and multiply dimensions of results with two and you have a good idea of the size of these things.

Wasn't the guy they're talking about being a total prick to someone earlier? I think you said Dr. Pendle met him.
((He wasn't being a total prick to someone; he's supposed to be a total prick to everyone.))

Upon being informed of this (Assuming he's informed of this), Jonathan immediately jumped at the opportunity. In fact, he was about halfway to the gate before realizing he should probably make preparations first. First, he makes a call to the engineering team, asking if his infirmary can be controlled remotely, and if not, if they can make it so. Second, he begins packing; a number of medical suits, environment suits, food, water, and emergency medical supplies for the trip there. Call the two from Geo 2 and check who'll be getting medical supplies; bringing them if the responsibility is put on me. Finally, set out along with anyone else who's coming.

Oh hey, I forgot you. I don't think you are currently aware of this discussion. Cromwell isn't wearing his enviro-suit so there isn't open radio communication. Yes, your infirmary can take orders over radio or email.

And Geo 2 are few hundred kilometers away so entire base needs to be moved and from there it takes trip with transporter planes to the caves. So don't be in so hurry. 8)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
* Large four eyed birds. (7 dead) (Studied)
* Aquatic creature. (1 dead) (Studied)
* Black wolf-creature (2 dead). (One studied)
** Possibly contaminated blood samples of black wolf-creatures.
** Additional set of blood and tissue samples from female wolf-creature.
* Grasshopper-type insect (1 alive). (Studied)
* Green/pink flashing insects. (3/? alive) (Studied)
* Small azure/turquoise bird with three-way split beak. (4/6 alive) (Barely studied)
* Red headed birds (2/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Flying bone plated snakes (1/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Rat? (1 alive) (Not studied)

Experiments in progress:
* Attack dog hybrid mutant (Puppy: Now, Adult: -1)
* Werewolf (Newborn: -3, Adult: -9)

Completed:
* Various vaccines.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 12:54:15 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: Mutant factory
« Reply #411 on: January 14, 2015, 02:36:52 pm »

I dont see the nothern part of the rapids.Be angry at AoshimaMichio for this.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 14, 2015, 03:38:02 pm »

I dont see the nothern part of the rapids.Be angry at AoshimaMichio for this.
You are angry at GM because he didn't want to make map picture any bigger. He wasn't comfortable with scaling it smaller either. But in your mental map you can see it going to north west until it meets the forest.

And now you aren't angry any more.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #413 on: January 14, 2015, 04:25:22 pm »

You drive and Adam fears. If you had taken a look on map generated during landing you would know that there's another rapids in west cutting off your path. But you didn't.
No I saw that you expanded it a bit last update. Are we really restricted to just this tiny area?

Continue until we reach the edge of the river.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 14, 2015, 06:44:25 pm »

Once it's done dissect the new one to see if growth affected anything. If not start growing five.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 14, 2015, 07:25:40 pm »

Yeah, Alex could be a lab hand and potentially learn something.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 14, 2015, 07:41:02 pm »

Begin working on some more vaccines, BAQ-3 in particular. Also, begin production of the vaccines listed by the doctors.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 14, 2015, 08:32:55 pm »

volunteer for the cave mission when I find out about it equip a automatic shotgun knife SMG as well as a tazer and high caliber side arm. 
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 15, 2015, 01:29:32 am »

No I saw that you expanded it a bit last update. Are we really restricted to just this tiny area?

Continue until we reach the edge of the river.
Tiny? Distance from the lake to the forest is around 2 kilometers so yeah, it is tiny... It is also nice flat and open area to land your base on. You are limited by your choice of transportation, a car. And of course, you haven't really even explored the forest yet.

And if it really comes down into it, expedition leader Alex Raman can just command the base moved on some other area.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #419 on: January 15, 2015, 04:56:13 am »

Tiny? Distance from the lake to the forest is around 2 kilometers so yeah, it is tiny... It is also nice flat and open area to land your base on. You are limited by your choice of transportation, a car.

And of course, you haven't really even explored the forest yet.
Yep, could walk that without breaking hardly a sweat. The car could take us pretty far if we didn't have a lake on one side, a forest on the other, and rivers on the remaining sides. Fuck if I'm going to take a flyer, which you can't use to look around without landing, and can't use to carry stuff like supplies, captured creatures or perhaps most importantly, incapacitated individuals. Goddamn pterodactyls flying around as well, not going to chance getting swatted. Unless we've got a legitimate aircraft that's VTOL—that is not the base—I'm sticking with this jeep, because fuck taking a light vehicle and getting mauled again.

Of course not, because last time I tried it was a shit show and I got attacked by all of nature simultaneously only stepping dozens of yards into the treeline, I could literally see my vehicle from where I stood. The place is absurdly lethal, absolutely out of the question with just me and my friend here, I doubt we'd have any more luck going in there with less than the entire team.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 59