Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 59

Author Topic: The Mind: Day 4 - Finale  (Read 112948 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: (Almost) Everyone is locked up
« Reply #360 on: January 10, 2015, 03:24:59 am »

Make it as hard as possible to check what is (physically) wrong with me by wailing, shouting and waving my arms.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 10, 2015, 05:15:07 am »

Make it as hard as possible to check what is (physically) wrong with me by wailing, shouting and waving my arms.
Well it is safe conclude that the disease causes insanity though that may be because of past issues
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 10, 2015, 05:20:07 am »

Mix some wolf DNA with my own and inject it into the cells of anything we have usable.
Are you trying to create furry version of yourself or what? Please be a bit more specific.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 10, 2015, 01:11:00 pm »

"Well, Alex, the operation has been completed. You're no longer suffering from necrosis, though remnant symptoms of whatever caused it in the first place may still occur. Speak with me immediately if they do. Note that while you're well, you still can't do any heavy lifting without risking injury. Now, if you have any idea wha--"

Oh god, I am infected! Panic!

You scream and beg while banging the isolation room door.

"AAAAAAAAAA! DOCTOR PLEASE SAVE ME! I DON'T WANT TO DIE I'M TOO YOUNG TO DIE I HAVEN'T EVEN STUDIED EVERYTHING YET!!"
*Sigh* "One moment, Alex. You're free to go, if you wish, though you are required to wear a full environment protection suit at all times. György! Stop screaming for one second!"

Begin examination of György, trying to identify what the cause of the unusual antigens and clotting is. Failing that, just try and fix the clotting.

György makes it really hard to get more of his blood for study, but there's no winning against the doctor within his domain. The infirmary drones grab a hold of György and hold him in place long enough to secure bloodsample.

Well, György' bloodtype is B+ so he has normally only B antigens in his blood and these unusual ones are A antigens. All his other symptoms match to hemolytic anemia, so combining this fact with A antigens could mean extrinsic causes. Oh, and there's small amount of BAQ-3 bacteria in his blood. Wonder why it didn't show up in earlier samples.

Anyway it is better to get him treated so the doctor orders György's blood to be cleaned and mild anticoagulants pumped on him. This happens and György is feeling better. Though something must be done to his panic attacks.

Ok, check to see what time it is, then go up to the command terminals and track Guni's suit signal to see where she went off to.

Around noon.

Looks like Guni went outside. Currently she's near river, walking south with Adam. They also let you know about their plan to scout entire westside of the river.

Over comns "Looks like we have scared off any large creatures nearby with our massacring ways"

Have a relaxing day flying around

Better forget it all, right? There isn't any better way to relax than testing your flying skills, so you do your best. Flying upside down, sideways, doing flips and loops, spinning and scary dives towards ground and raising back up just before crashing. It's all very impressive, you might have even impressed this eagle flying above you.

Except... it's not an eagle. Nope. It's brilliant green where eagle would be black, dotted with equally brilliant red, and normally white parts are sky blue. While normally eagle's wings join the body in quite sharp angle, this creature's wings curve and merge directly with its tail feathers. You can't tell where the wing ends and tail feathers start. You are not close enough to see its head properly but its too is somewhat unusual.

"We are going to the river, then follow it to the beach.After that, we go west until we arrive at the end of the sandy beach, then north, roughly halfway between the forest and the base.At that point, we go back to the river, then back to base.Is this okay with you?
If yes:follow route described above.
If no: listen to her idea for a route.

Well what the hell's the point of covering ground we've already explored? No! We should do something useful, like locating a ford for this river here. Let's head down to the head where it enters the lake, then walk north until we find a good crossing point. I want to learn more about this place, that's what we're here for isn't it? Instead we've been caught up with the doc's fucking about bacterium and viruses and shit. I'm sick of him getting in the way, let's go get some real work done! If the river turns out to be impassable before we reach the forest (fuck if I'm ever going in there again), we'll double back to the lake, pick up a car at the base, then head west to see what's over there. How's that sound Cortés? Ready to do some conquering?
"Sounds alright.Gonna radio in so they know where we went."

You inform your boss about your patrol plan and head to south along the river. Closer to the lake you get wider the river becomes and there's no crossings visible. When Guni takes few steps into water she finds the bottom is very soft and it's hard to get out of it. Good thing there's two of you.

Mix some wolf DNA with my own and inject it into the cells of anything we have usable.

I'm still hoping for better definion of what you are doing, but let's go along with it for now. You do gene splicing and prepare few stem cells for... something.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
* Large four eyed birds. (7 dead) (Studied)
* Aquatic creature. (1 dead) (Studied)
* Black wolf-creature (2 dead). (One studied)
** Possibly contaminated blood samples of black wolf-creatures.
** Additional set of blood and tissue samples from female wolf-creature.
* Grasshopper-type insect (1 alive). (Studied)
* Green/pink flashing insects. (3/? alive) (Studied)
* Small azure/turquoise bird with three-way split beak. (4/6 alive) (Barely studied)
* Red headed birds (2/4 alive) (Not studied)
* Flying bone plated snakes (1/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Rat? (1 alive) (Not studied)

Experiments in progress:
* Attack dog hybrid mutant (Puppy: Now, Adult: -2)

Completed:
* Vaccines against BGR-1, BGR-2, BAQ-1, BGu-1 and VGu-1.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 10, 2015, 01:24:38 pm »

Add the fast growing part now.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 10, 2015, 01:26:25 pm »

Try to add some features of the stronger legs and teeth.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 10, 2015, 01:33:33 pm »

Since I'm at the terminal, look up Alex's location, then call him on the comms to ask if he's forgetting something.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 10, 2015, 02:01:00 pm »

Run secondary tests on all untreated away-team members, seeing if their blood has any BAQ-3.
Send out a message on biology channels.

"This is Dr. Pendle. It would appear that the bacteria BAQ-3, previously thought harmless to humans, may in fact be dangerous, as all three members of the away team suffering from injuries have had traces of it in their blood. I would like to request that biology team members take a second look at the bacteria when you have a spare moment, and confirm if it may have adverse effects on humans. Additionally, care must be taken when handling samples of it. Insofar, the symptoms that have shown themselves are localized necrosis, fever, production of antigens atypical for the affected individual, and blood clotting. All three patients have had only one symptom manifest as of yet, save one, who suffered both atypical antigen production and blood clotting."

Send out a few messages to the doctors of other nearby bases.
"Hello all, there has been a minor outbreak of a pathogen, designated by us as BAQ-3. I would like to discuss what symptoms, if any, you may have noticed with this disease if any have suffered from it on your respective ships. In addition, our biology team has come to the conclusion that it should be harmless to humans, but it has been found in the blood of all three individuals who have suffered any sort of wound requiring treatment."

Finally, while waiting for responses and for the other tests to finish, try placing a sample of BAQ-3 in a testing environment along with a human tissue sample (Vat grown, if necessary), and see how it reacts.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 02:13:00 pm by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 10, 2015, 02:07:57 pm »

Pull Guni out.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 10, 2015, 03:22:10 pm »

This is not an actual turn. I'm just handling easy things like dialogue.

Add the fast growing part now.
Into your design or the monster puppy currently in vats?

Since I'm at the terminal, look up Alex's location, then call him on the comms to ask if he's forgetting something.

He seems to be in labs.

"Hey Alex, are you forgetting something? I think you do. Something about meetings? Hello? Does you radio work?"

Pull Guni out.

Guni is pulled out.

Sorry to break you action, but I have to clear few facts.

Day 1 away team was Theron, Cromwell, Mark, and Alex I think. I don't count Guni here because he was flying around on her own. Day 2 team was all security guys. And so far infected people are all biologists.

Only people who have suffed any injuries are Guni (the forest scenario) and Alex (inside the ship). I don't think I mentioned any injuries on György?

Send out a few messages to the doctors of other nearby bases.
"Hello all, there has been a minor outbreak of a pathogen, designated by us as BAQ-3. I would like to discuss what symptoms, if any, you may have noticed with this disease if any have suffered from it on your respective ships. In addition, our biology team has come to the conclusion that it should be harmless to humans, but it has been found in the blood of all three individuals who have suffered any sort of wound requiring treatment."

Doctors of nearby teams all wonder what kind of reckless people is your team made of since nowhere else has no one received any injuries, except in one fight between security members in Geo 2. There also have not been any sudden disease outbreaks anywhere. That annoying bastard Scott from Geo 2 raises question if you are really competent enough for this job.

Anyway, they have almost all encountered few potentially harmful bacterias and viruses and made vaccines and medicine against those, but they do not know which particular one BAQ-3 could be. They ask you to upload its DNA mapping and all relevant data to mothership databases so they can look it up. Also thanks for reminding, they will upload formulas for their works into same database so you can download it and reproduce what they have worked on.
Old sigs.
Games.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 10, 2015, 03:30:31 pm »

((Well, by "injury" I'm including various illnesses that have arisen, so Guni's fever, Gyorgy's (Too lazy to copy/paste the accent) clotting and unusual antigens, and Alex's necrosis.

Also, I'm suspecting the Geo teams are predominately assholes, at this point :P))
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 10, 2015, 03:45:46 pm »

Heh, Geo7 certainly is. But doctor of Geo 2 is really egoistical bastard, everybody hates him. All doctors had misfortune to meet him, even Pendle. He's in this whole expedition only because he's so damn good. And he knows exactly how good he is.

This is him btw. Doctor Scott Carlson

Old sigs.
Games.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 10, 2015, 04:09:52 pm »

the design.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #373 on: January 10, 2015, 04:26:21 pm »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 10, 2015, 04:49:36 pm »

Pull Guni out.
Guni is pulled out.
((What does that mean?))
((Out of muddy river. Not that it really needed action.))
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 59