Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 59

Author Topic: The Mind: Day 4 - Finale  (Read 112937 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: Bio-engineering is easy.
« Reply #315 on: January 06, 2015, 07:12:02 pm »

Deliver a suit to Guni so she can still get work done while isolated from the rest of the crew

((Is anyone going to notice the blood on Alex?))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 06, 2015, 11:59:03 pm »

((I would assume I'm not the only doctor on the ship, or at the very least we have bots capable of understanding verbal commands.))
Single doctor with infirmary which is basically giant robot with very high-class AI is capable dealing alone with almost any medical situation on ship. Not counting a zombie outbreaks. You can boss around security guys doing job for you since medical emergency situations gives you power to do so.

But if you really want it, I can give you some drones for assistance. Assume drones to be part of infirmary.

Btw, your quarantine command includes yourself...
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 07, 2015, 12:18:22 am »

((I would assume I'm not the only doctor on the ship, or at the very least we have bots capable of understanding verbal commands.))
Single doctor with infirmary which is basically giant robot with very high-class AI is capable dealing alone with almost any medical situation on ship. Not counting a zombie outbreaks. You can boss around security guys doing job for you since medical emergency situations gives you power to do so.

But if you really want it, I can give you some drones for assistance. Assume drones to be part of infirmary.

Btw, your quarantine command includes yourself...
((I'm aware. Unfortunately, there isn't any way to exclude myself without violating Mastah's commands. And while I may have authority over the security team, pissing off the guys with guns and experience with using them doesn't sound like a good plan for our squishy, timid doctor. I intend to ensure that the robots didn't manage to misinterpret the command, and then enter quarantine; however, I forgot to add that bit in.))
Ensure robots are working as expected, and then willingly be quarantined.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 07, 2015, 02:31:43 am »

Follow orders from head os security, do not take off suit.Dont want to get infected.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 07, 2015, 03:31:28 am »

((I'm aware. Unfortunately, there isn't any way to exclude myself without violating Mastah's commands. And while I may have authority over the security team, pissing off the guys with guns and experience with using them doesn't sound like a good plan for our squishy, timid doctor. I intend to ensure that the robots didn't manage to misinterpret the command, and then enter quarantine; however, I forgot to add that bit in.))
Well, you are wearing your enviro-suit, so as long as you keep helmet on you can wander around without worry of spreading infections or anything. It keeps things inside equally effectively as it keeps things outside.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: (Almost) Everyone is locked up
« Reply #320 on: January 07, 2015, 12:03:02 pm »

Take a dna sample from the dead bird and see if I can figure anything out.

Might as well use the one Pendle has already cut open. Sample taken and now figuring it out. Hmm... It has lungs! And endoskeleton! And beak, feathers, wings, legs and various organs, some familiar, some not. You may wanna take a look on bird itself if you want to learn more.

But first you must get yourself out of infirmary.

"Damn it, Pendle! A little more warning next time, will you?"

Jackson rubbed his arm and got himself disinfected, and got back into his normal clothes.
Head down to science. I want to see them examine these birds.
Comms to science/medical.
"No toxins? At all? What's it got then?"

You head to the labs where Pendle is staring the cut up bird. No one else is examining its insides except Dave, who is examining insides of its insides.

(I am unconscious?)
Dream of bugs and buggy stuff.

Your dreams are rather psychedelic, but filled with glowing bugs. Glowing bugs eating glowing plants. Psychic plants. Plants with glowing green eyes. In glowing space. The plant swats the bugs flat and speaks with green voice.

"Damn mosquitos."

Do I still have my suit on? Turn on the comm and switch to our team's channel. Hey doc am I still quarantined? There's not much to do on this tub and I'd like to get back out there and help, y'know?

Yep, still suit on.

Spoiler: SECRETS (click to show/hide)

Cromwell stopped for a second and flipped his comms switch over to a different channel.
"Guni, did you see what part the bird stung you with? Was the beak, talons, what?"
He looked over at Pendle.
"Did you just check around the head and beak, or did you do a full exam of the entire body? That thing had to have done something to her. If it's not a toxin..."

He switched back to the comm.
"That's a negative on being released, Guni. We need to find out what happened to you first."

He looked back at Pendle, Mark, and the others around him.
"Find anyone in base that's been in contact with Guni since she was stung, anyone acting sick, or just anybody that looks at you funny, and bring them to quarintine. I just got a very bad feeling about all this.
I'm heading down there myself, if anyone needs me."
Head to Quarintine, and station myself there for now.

Stationed in isolation rooms in infirmary. What will you do there?

"Very well."
Begin doing so.
Flip over to medical and security channels.

"This is Doctor Pendle. Head of Security has given orders for full quarantine of the individual Guni, and any who's come into contact with her between beginning of her fever-like symptoms and now, effective immediately. Nonviolent methods preferable, but you are permitted to use nonlethal force while engaging or enforcing quarantine. Lethal force is forbidden unless you are in immediate risk of death or severe injury."

Infirmary sends out its floating beds (which do have restraining arms) on your command, one floating next to you. You sit on it and it carries you into isolation rooms. The infirmary is protesting this, saying you should just put your helmet on and start working on situation. No point to prevent doctor from doing his work.

Comply with whoever and whatever.

Nice comfy bed floats next to you and then carries you into isolation room in infirmary.

Deliver a suit to Guni so she can still get work done while isolated from the rest of the crew

((Is anyone going to notice the blood on Alex?))

Bolded your action for you. Almost missed it.

Guni is already wearing her suit. Now you are stuck with two suits. And locked in infirmary.

Follow orders from head os security, do not take off suit.Dont want to get infected.

You do what you are told to do. Together with infirmary beds you round up everyone matching the criteria. Lets see who those people are...

Mark, who put her helmet back on right after she was found and did some lifting.
Jonathan Pendle, who treated her.
Dave, who was near her in labs in mornign. You bring him in just in case.
György, who was as well near her in the labs. You find him laying on floor unconscious. He probably overworked himself. Well, better drag him in as well.

You also find Alex in briefing room. He's dazing, drooling and bleeding from his neck. He's really in need of medical assistance so you hurry him into informary right away.

And now we have EVERYONE IN INFIRMARY! Some are locked in, some need doctor, some are just hanging here. This is terrific. Or terrifying.

Currently we have following samples on ship:
* Large four eyed birds. (7 dead) (Studied)
* Aquatic creature. (1 dead) (Studied)
* Black wolf-creature (2 dead). (One studied)
** Possibly contaminated blood samples of black wolf-creatures.
** Additional set of blood and tissue samples from female wolf-creature.
* Grasshopper-type insect (1 alive). (Studied)
* Green/pink flashing insects. (3/? alive) (Studied)
* Small azure/turquoise bird with three-way split beak. (4/6 alive) (Not studied)
* Red headed birds (2/4 alive) (Not studied)
* Flying bone plated snakes (1/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Rat? (1 alive) (Not studied)

Experiments in progress:
* Attack dog hybrid mutant (Puppy: -1, Adult: -5)

Completed:
* Vaccines against BGR-1, BGR-2, BAQ-1, BGu-1 and VGu-1.
* Infrared vision eyes. Using Dave's DNA as a base. (unchecked)
* Infrared/four eyed full body human clone with fused ribs. Using Theron's DNA as a base. Growth halted.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 12:11:43 pm by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 07, 2015, 12:43:55 pm »

"Can I leave? I haven't had any contact with the infected without an airtight suit on and I have a job to do."

On coms to security"We may of gone a bit over board with the health scare"

Leave isolation, get washed off to insure isolation is maintained. Then get a glider and go patrolling as a way to just get away from the craziness at base

'

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 07, 2015, 01:06:00 pm »

"May I inquire as to the reason for locking me up? I've been wearing my suit non-stop since we landed."

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 07, 2015, 01:13:17 pm »

"You may have been wearing it at all times, but not everyone else has.
I don't want to drag this out any more than the rest of you do, believe me.
I want everyone to be systematically examined for injuries, have their blood taken, be decontaminated, have their suit checked, and then make sure it is properly attached.
Once we get all that done, then I'll allow people to resume their schedules, with their suits on.
I know it may seem like a bit much, but I'd rather be paranoid then naive."

Order people to do as said, and take part in checking suits for any signs of damage.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 07, 2015, 01:17:33 pm »

Ensure all who have run a reasonable risk of being infected are quarantined. Ensure that the AI is set to properly care for those quarantined. Put on the suit and release myself from quarantine. Put on proper safety wear, and begin testing everybody according to Cromwell's specifications.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 07, 2015, 01:53:42 pm »

Ensure all who have run a reasonable risk of being infected are quarantined. <snip/>
I have few questions. Probably should have asked earlier.

Who do you think have a reasonable risk of being infected? Give me some pointers.

What do you suspect they are infected with? Because you did vaccinate everybody against every harmful virus and bacterias you are aware of.

And what do you suspect being origin of this infection you all are afraid of and have really no proof about? Or am I forgetting something I said before?

"Can I leave? I haven't had any contact with the infected without an airtight suit on and I have a job to do."

On coms to security"We may of gone a bit over board with the health scare"

Leave isolation, get washed off to insure isolation is maintained. Then get a glider and go patrolling as a way to just get away from the craziness at base
Glider? Not a flyer you have been using before? Because this is how I imagine gliders. A bit hard to fly with those around here. Not impossible, but just hard to get reach working speeds on flat land. Or you could jump off from top of the base.
Old sigs.
Games.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 07, 2015, 02:35:11 pm »

If quarantined:Be healthy.
If not:Patrol outside.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 07, 2015, 03:54:15 pm »

Try to find a mirror in the infirmary.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 07, 2015, 06:58:52 pm »

yeah Flyer sorry
My Sig

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #329 on: January 07, 2015, 10:33:29 pm »

Sit around.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 59