Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Roll to Operations Control  (Read 13556 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Operations Control
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2014, 01:41:22 am »

Turn off headset.

"Snipers aren't in position yet. There were some...complications. You'll have nobody covering you if you go in now."

Turn on headset.

"Stay quiet, wait to see if any other guards approach. Sadeh, Ibuki, take them out once they get away from the camp but before they can get to Carlson's body. Gaelhood, do you think you can continue the mission? If so, assist them with the sniping if you have a rifle. Servadio, just keep your head down for now. We don't need them knowing how many of us there are, and I may need you to recon the camp if no other guards show up."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2014, 09:05:51 am »

Turn off my mic,
 Zoltan whipers quietly to himself "Well, any fucking time, sweetheart."
Turn my mic on
"Peek through the windows... discreetly. Do not fire a shot, but I would advice you to use your big boy guns and don't prioritize silence after we go in. "
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2014, 09:36:18 am »

"Keep moving towards the station."
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2014, 12:01:14 pm »

"Looks like it's clear.  Get together and keep moving."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2014, 03:33:11 pm »

Hope you've all been enjoying your Christmas/Winter solstice/whatever you're enjoying right now. I plan on posting the next turn sometime later today, so no I haven't forgotten/given up on this.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2014, 12:14:07 am »

Turn off my mic,
 Zoltan whipers quietly to himself "Well, any fucking time, sweetheart."
Turn my mic on
"Peek through the windows... discreetly. Do not fire a shot, but I would advice you to use your big boy guns and don't prioritize silence after we go in. "
Your fellow operators mainly ignore you, with the exception of Barkley, who informs you that the snipers ran into complications and aren't in position.

The squad peeks into the windows. (Enemies: 1) There appears to be a single guard at a reception desk. (Enemy: 3) One of the squad zooms in on him, catching him making a fairly sizable yawn.

"Keep moving towards the station."
(Speed: 1) The men don't follow your orders and instead dart into a nearby alleyway, and after a few seconds you spot why. Several men armed and with Legion of Gaul uniforms are exiting a building. (Stealth: 1) They seem to have spotted movement at your squad's position, and head to investigate with some shouts of alarm.

Turn off headset.

"Snipers aren't in position yet. There were some...complications. You'll have nobody covering you if you go in now."

Turn on headset.

"Stay quiet, wait to see if any other guards approach. Sadeh, Ibuki, take them out once they get away from the camp but before they can get to Carlson's body. Gaelhood, do you think you can continue the mission? If so, assist them with the sniping if you have a rifle. Servadio, just keep your head down for now. We don't need them knowing how many of us there are, and I may need you to recon the camp if no other guards show up."
After giving the orders, Sadeh reports back "Sir, there's only one guard currently by the tents. We can take him out now."
Gaelhood informs you that he is able to snipe, but he'll need better medical attention soon. Servadio responds to your orders with an affirmative, before (Decision: 4) trying to sneak up to the camp, and (Stealth: 1) being spotted immediately by the final guard, (Awareness: 6) who promptly realizes that Servadio isn't one of his guard buddies, with a "Hey, you're not Pierre!" and (Morale: 6) fires, if a bit hastily. (Fire: 5-1) hitting Servadio in the chest and sending him sprawling (Armor Penetration: 1), but the shot fails to penetrate his armor and Servadio remains fine (Action: 1), if a bit stunned by the shot.

"Looks like it's clear.  Get together and keep moving."
Your squad advances to Squad B's position, and notice their in a spot of trouble. (Stealth: 2) The squad tries to hide, but there's speaking among the Legion of Gaul members and then 2 of the 5 Legionaires split off and head towards where your squad has tried to hide behind house.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2014, 11:16:00 am »

"Hold back."
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2014, 11:45:53 am »

Billson sighed.  So much for the stealthy approach; looks like things are about to get noisy.

"Get into firing positions; I think it's safe to assume our cover is blown.  Don't go crazy, though.  When they're in position, take them down."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2014, 01:00:28 pm »

"Get ready for another firefight. Try to surprise them."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2014, 02:41:19 pm »

((Geez, it seems like my squad is completely incompetent.))

"Did somebody change the meaning of 'keep your head down' while I was away? God damn it. Sadeh, Ibuki, take that guy out. Servadio, get to cover and keep your head down. Watch for anybody else."

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2015, 07:48:20 pm »

"Hold back."
(Stealth: 5) Your men hold their position, prepared to breach, unseen. (Awareness: 3) Vague sounds can be heard from where Varris and Billson's squads are. Carlos asks "Sir, do you what the noise is?"

"Get ready for another firefight. Try to surprise them."
"Understood" Rico replies. As the 3 Legion of Gaul members round the corner, your team opens fire. (Ambush: 3) Slightly surprised, the Legionnaires (Accuracy: 6+1,4+2,2,3,6) are quickly taken out in a hail of bullets.

((Geez, it seems like my squad is completely incompetent.))

"Did somebody change the meaning of 'keep your head down' while I was away? God damn it. Sadeh, Ibuki, take that guy out. Servadio, get to cover and keep your head down. Watch for anybody else."
(Accuracy: 6+1,1+1) Sadeh and Ibuki fire, with Sadeh's shot taking the man by the tents out. Servadio gets up (Cover Run: 6) and runs to take cover behind a truck. He then watches the area. (Awareness: 6) "I don't think there any enemies remaining." He reports.

Billson sighed.  So much for the stealthy approach; looks like things are about to get noisy.

"Get into firing positions; I think it's safe to assume our cover is blown.  Don't go crazy, though.  When they're in position, take them down."
Your squad sets up and prepares to ambush the Legionnaires when they round the corner. (Awareness: 5) The Legion of Gaul members are just about to round the corner when Squad B dispatches the other men in a hail of bullets, causing them to round the corner prepared for an ambush. (Squad Initiative: 3+1, 6, 2, 6)(Enemy Initiative: 6,1) Kumar, Kim, and a Legionnaire fire first. (Accuracy: 5,1,1) Kumar shoots dead one Legionnaire but Kim's gun makes a strange sound and won't fire. The Legionnaire's shot manages to miss the entire team. (Accuracy: 3+1,4) Crius and La Rue then shoot dead the second Legionnaire. The street appears to be clear, for now.
Sigtext

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2015, 07:56:39 pm »

"I do what these noises are, Carlos. And I even *know* what they are. Those sounds are the sounds of your teammates not being on their position and making noise. Go in."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2015, 07:58:12 pm »

"Good. Servadio, cover the tents. Sadeh, Gaelhood, and Ibuki, move up carefully. If nobody else shows up, get into position. And somebody see if they can get Gaelhood stabilized better. Carefully."

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2015, 08:02:49 pm »

"I do what these noises are, Carlos. And I even *know* what they are. Those sounds are the sounds of your teammates not being on their position and making noise. Go in."
"Sorry, sir. I accidentally drop words when speaking when I am nervous."
Sigtext

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2015, 09:51:09 am »

"Advance to the station."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6