Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Imperial Splendour - A Rising Suns Game 206-210 AD  (Read 10859 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Splendour - A Rising Suns Game Winter 205 AD
« Reply #90 on: December 25, 2014, 10:14:38 pm »

Seralt merely nods deeply, before heading out with his guards.

House Azores hands over the captured agent over to the imperial authorities.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 26, 2014, 05:22:56 pm »

A grand ceremony was held to honour the return of the Al-Hazar expedition from the depths of space. The exploration of the Soma system revealed many new worlds, most of them uninhabited and as such, open for colonization. None of them were any of the old imperial worlds, as  in Soma, only old world of Si'kar was already known. Whether it was the type of these worlds or the situation of the empire before the fall, none of them were touched... or so was the first appearance. Imperial declaration apportioned these worlds between the smallest of houses, uplifting their rank and engaging their resources in the colonization, if they chose to do so.

Yet, this was not the only information flowing from Halo. The Emperor declared the restoration of the Church to its function as the spiritual guide of the Empire, albeit under the Imperial auspices and authority. Church was held to be an imperial subject, respecting all the laws and subject to taxes, but given the right to sit in the Council alongside Great Houses and act as an elector in the Imperial investiture. It also had the right to establish, define and clarify ideology and doctrine, through 4 scholars from different schools that would convene together with the Emperor to decide on matters holy and unholy.

Lastly, the Office of the Imperial Eye was established. That office would be the one overseeing all imperial observers and agents and through the Imperial Eye would the Empire be surveyed. however ,with this declaration, no official nomination came. At least, not yet...

Sigma I and its moon are granted to House Morgartern with rights for colonization.
Sigma II and its moon are granted to House Al-Hazar with rights for colonization.
Church is re-established in the Empire as a subject organization with additional privileges as listed above.
Office of the Imperial Eye is established - an agency handling spies, observers and internal government auditors. A Prefect will be running the Office, however the title is without a holder for now.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 07:06:11 pm by Ardas »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2014, 06:46:14 am »

Military Campaigns and Operations

Vengeance Theatre

Ahriman's Cloister Front

Jekaterina is still holding out at Ahrimans Cloister and has reinforced her positions there (+1 on Defensive Actions). The Rastyquan Duskmantle Rangers have dug in and await another attack from the Butcher of Harg, who has reorganized his troops after the last debacle.

Meanwhile the other two Major warlords in the area have collided in several skirmishes with each other, it appears something is going on.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 01, 2015, 11:48:30 am »

Sigmund's return to the Imperial Court was welcomed by a ceremony held in his House's honor, and he and his brother both attended, dispensing courtesies and accepting medals as was needed. His staying at court was not meant to be long; a few days after the ceremony, having accepted the colonization rights to Sigma II, he announced that he would take all his fleet with him towards the Jurt system, to continue the exploration of Imperial Space.

Before doing so, however, a certain arrangement had to be fulfilled.

Two days after the return ceremony, in the Emperor's chambers

After being showed in by the guards, Sigmund entered the room and calmly bowed before the Emperor, with whom he had requested a meeting. He was dressed in a military uniform, and seemed singularly satisfied with himself.

"Your Highness. I am glad to have gotten the chance to speak with you privately, at last. The last time we had such a discussion, I believe we spoke of a union between my House and yours, and of distinguishing myself from other noblemen wishing to take your daughter's hand in marriage."

He smiled.

"Well, under my leadership, your Empire has grown, all discovered planets and moons within the Soma system have been claimed and added to your jurisdiction, and no war with the Gered has been sparked in doing so. I believe I can say with some assurance that the exploration mission was a resounding success. With that and the recent growth of Al-Hazar's holdings in mind, I would like to humbly request a marriage between myself and your daughter, Lady Ida."

Orders for House Al-Hazar:
Sigmund leads his fleet into the Jurt system to explore all unknown objects there.
Wilhelm administrates the Al-Hazar holdings for another season.
A vassal of the House is selected to build fleetworks in the Soma asteroid fields, which will become part of Sigmund's holdings once they are completed.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2015, 12:27:13 pm »

The emperor smiled and gave a small laugh as Sigmund asked the hand of his daughter. The fact that the imperial fief was apportioned and distributed among nobles was not lot seemingly taken into account but that was not important right now.

"You are right, we have talked. and I see no reason to withhold from you what was promised. Ida shall return from Triumvirate mission at the first possible chance and I will allow for a marriage o happen."

The emperor approached Al-Hazar Patriarch. " I must mention one thing however - these affairs are an imposition on personal freedom and emotions... I know it sounds unlikely, coming from me, but I want to emphasize one thing - you can't make love happen on command, but I do expect a measure of mutual respect between you to happen and it will be observed.The great Houses are weak and we have to keep together if we are to make bonds and grow. Do not disappoint me."

He walked back to his desk and sat down.
"I know that one ceremony was delayed, so there is a chance for a double one to happen and they can be held here, in the Palace. That also gives you time to get to know each other somewhat. She might have some initial worries, but I count on you to dispel them. Anything to avoid unpleasantness later on. I hope you understand."

The Emperor sanctions and allows for a marriage between House Hartwing and Al-Hazar to happen.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2015, 11:52:08 pm »

An imperial Servant goes to the tax office and notifies Adrian of the summons and purpose. As he looks around though he gets a copy of the Imperial Treasury and of course of his Tax plan and sends a messege to Jareld informing him of the summons in case something were to happen.

Adrian walks into the room the Emperor. He walks in luggage containing paper work and the walk of a man mildly annoyed.

"I have received a summons from you my Emperor. What poisons has life given thee?"

Adrian sets down his luggage and looks straight at the Emperor.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2015, 05:47:43 am »

Adrian, I have heard about your work with taxes, and I have some questions with respect to it. First of all, I am in a need of a tax report for the season. I am yet to be given one but knowing the workload, I have not pushed you on it. Secondly House Azores is charging you with abuse of power for private ends, mainly using the powers of taxmaster to levy extra taxes to punish them.

The emperor looked straight at the man.

"I do not wish to hear or see any of such things being done in my court. I promised House Azores a fair look into the case and unless I get satisfactory explanations from you, I will be forced to put you on trial for abuse of authority. They also seek to bring in charges for purposeful fuelling inter-house hatred to cause a war. While I do respect the rights of houses ot settle their own affair, I will not accept an open war on Agri-Prime. "

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2015, 11:53:29 am »

Adrian opens his briefcase and takes out copies of the tax report for the Emperor. It's large and stabled together with at least 30 some pages. He hands it to him and looks with a face of fatigue and irritation.

"I will explain myself on the Azores tax scandal. You see in the new Empire i pictured there to be a chance for every house to have a relatively same amount of funds.

How is that grand utopian society to be? Simple, by taxing income and revenue. By doing so it skips out looking after all the assets and looks to see how much everyone is making and taxes the produce. My brothers branch is the only one that made income the last five years as my son Jerald and the other nobles were not administrating their lands directly. Which led to a terrible return...That and the banner man have rules on top of rules.

Did you know one told me that a part of the Imperial lands cannot be taxed unless a ritual is put in place first? The Cheekiness of that one.
"

Adrian then looks at the Emperor with an expression wishing to leave already.

"An what about this 'inter-house' ware? I have never asked any of his family members to start a coup or a split. Or do you see us as the same familly still?"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2015, 12:46:39 pm »

((Psst, inter- and intra- are two different things. I said inter- as in between, not within,)

"While I see where you are coming from, the idea to tax everyone to leave them with exact same income is absurd - What if Vengeance started generating most money in the empire? I want the empire to be taxed evenly  - the amount paid by everyone should be of the same percentage, and I expect you to stick to that. I also want to know how much tax is collected and what I can expect it to be in the imperial treasury.

As for your families, if there is a vendetta to be had, I expect it to be done without use of Imperial resources. If I do not see the results as satisfactory in one more season, I will find someone new for the treasury."

----------
Later...

Dearest Kat,

I hope the field conditions are not too unpleasant or rough to you, even though I know that we are used to the wastes of Vengeance like no one else....

The Emperor was writing the letter to his wife, all the while staff was busy preparing documents for the imperial campaign in the chamber next door. He could hear their voices, discussing, arranging, all trying to prove themselves up to the task, both the Hartwing veterans and the newly minted Imperial staff - some drawn from academies, some transferred from Hartwing men.  The campaign for Vengeance was about to start. The world that Church could not conquer some 100 years ago, would now be the first imperial battlefield.

House Hartwing recruits 4 regiments and sends them to Ahriman's Cloister Front.
5 Units of Grey Guard are moved from Halo and to Ahriman's Cloister Front.
5 wealth is invested in Orbital reclamation works.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 06:56:51 am by Ardas »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2015, 02:26:25 am »

Adrian looks at him as if dumbfounded.

"Maybe i wasn't clear."

He says putting his hands together.

"If you make 100 credits and i make 10 credits from taxes and other businesses then we would be taxed 10%. That means you pay 10 and i pay 1. Why don't i pay a 10? because then that'd be all i have. Which means i'd have no room for more investments unless you took up control. This leads to...insecurities and possibly devastating inner-conflicts."

"Again, What conflict? Or are you suspecting me to be starting a war already?"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2015, 05:55:01 am »

The emperor is more than displeased, being given a display of obstinate idiocy.

"I will not be lectured on things that are basics of the economy! I asked why did you deem it fit to tax Azores double what you did to others and you gave me an unclear answer on equality of income, which has no relation to taxes! Now you are talking to me about basics of income taxes and trying to play stupid when I ask simple questions.

As for your two houses, I do not care in the slightest what the problem was or is but I want to make it clear to you and everyone else - if you hold an imperial position, you will be punished for behaviors such as this. Least of all, I asked you twice now about the taxes and how much you collected and you keep "forgetting" to say anything. If you deem to make an idiot out of me Adrian, I will make one out of you too - I am removing you from the position of a treasurer and I expect you to deliver me at least 3 regiments of soldiers for a Vengeance campaign, in which you will serve under my wife.

Oh, and one more thing - Seralt Azores delivered a spy of yours into my hands, with enough proof of your actions. I suggest that either soldiers are delivered or a trial will be started over abuse of office and its powers."

The emperor personally looks over tax record for the past period.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 06:13:05 am by Ardas »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2015, 06:21:36 am »

Imperial Tax Report Summer 205 AD

Treasury: 0 Wealth
Imperial Domain: 0 Wealth
House Taxes: +7 Wealth

Total: 7 Wealth

((please note that this is what the Tax Report looks like, if you want a breakdown of which house paid what and whether they withhold taxes, you need to send agents to investigate them.))

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2015, 04:20:57 pm »

Adrian looks amused as if just seeing something beautiful.

"Amazing..I get to go to the field of battle once more and with a Hartwing nonetheless."

A crazed laugh sneaks out of his opened mouth before quickly shutting it again.

"Thank you Emperor i accept your decision and hope the next Steward of the Empire can deal with ultra-bureaucratic interns. Although.."

He stops as if puzzled in his next words.

"Tell me at what point i make a fool of you? Simply i like to inform people of things they don't know of when i work with them. You seemed very agitated by me not too long ago. Should i take it that my first time as a Great Imperial Steward was just so horrendous that it looks bad on thee?"

Adrian continues increasingly serious.

"I would caution making this public. It would show you to be highly ungrateful for the support i gave you and capitulating to the Man who questioned your leadership in leading humanity to prosperity and unity again. It wouldn't look good for your public image which is why i have a deal for you, on top of the brave troops the Azores de Tremmings will send, i wish for your blessing in creating a group of supporters countering my brothers mob of..drunkards. An i mean that last word not as a insult they really are drunkard..."

*A loud cheer of drunks is heard outside the halls.*

"...Is it bad if i say the truth? Your going to need a home team to at least keep the away team at bay and not constantly petitioning you for their private prosperity and heckling you to submission. I propose a Joint-Azorez de Tremming-Hartwing group of supporters led by myself and your wife Rastyqua. With our alliance i can keep an eye on my brother, You'll have a stronger hold of the political courts, as your wife is loyal to you, and anyone who confronts in the field of the court would need a large alliance. One which cannot form unless the greatest travesties would happen.

I leave now and let this decision swirl in your head your excellency, I will be going to Agri-prime to rally the troops and kiss my son good-bye. May the Pan-creator give us his blessing.
"

Adrian begins to leave very slowly. ((if the Emperor says anything else Adrian will stay if not he leaves the room and end the RP.))

-------

Jareld continues to work on the Canaries through the Winter and see the expansion of fiefs increase finally. He also appoints managers for the fiefs currently to collect revenue and continue production.

Adrian Raises up three contingents of troops and goes to Vengeance for the campaign. Before boarding up he the troops a speech about the greatest men and women and tales of bravery. Adrian also makes an effort to get Veterans of the Azores Civil War to join up.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 12:01:20 pm by 3man75 »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2015, 01:41:36 pm »

Not a sign of her internal feelings showed as Alruna left the meeting with the three most powerful leaders of the Triumvirate.  It was only to be expected, after all; she had no expectations of any success.  Part of her wondered if the Emperor had set her up to fail, but she discarded the idea almost immediately as foolish.  She had been one of only two to speak out with a concept on how to break the Triumvirate, and the other had been appointed to domestic issues by their own request.  It was only natural to have chosen her to handle the diplomatic operation.  Perhaps that meant she had set herself up to fail, but that was almost as foolish.  If she had intended such, she wouldn't have taken the steps she had during the long trip here.

And there were some other perks to remaining for a time.  The economy of the Triumvirate, though degenerate, was still a powerhouse two orders of magnitude beyond anything the present scope of the Empire could rally.  She could watch, observe, and generally make herself quite obvious to the Triumvirate's internal security apparatus as she learned how they did it, and in as cutthroat environment as the Triumvirate, the economic prowess would bring her some understanding of tactics and administration for home.  She could invest, as they had planned, in preparation to take a certain interest in the Hephaistos mining operations that fueled the massive foundries.  She could make contact with experts, learn from them, and perhaps even recruit them for Bastion, where if her cousin's plans were coming to fruition, there would soon be an abundance of land (the knowledge of the Imperial grant of Sigma I having not yet reached her ears).  Finally, there were the four agents she had sent on ahead.  One had been successful, and the wealth of information provided had proved key in the early briefings between herself and Ida Hartwing.  One had been thoroughly compromised, and her first duty had been to give quiet orders to restore that individual's liberty and attach them to her own staff, quietly, but in a manner that should interest the Triumvirate in her person even further.  The other two...were a question, but one that would be forced to wait.  With the eyes of the Triumvirate on her, hopefully, they who had not come with her would be free in their actions, but only so long as she did nothing to tie herself to them.  It would be up to them to continue the orders they had been given, without micromanagement.

House Morgarten Orders: Winter, 205 AD

• Alruna will begin openly and obviously observing Triumvirate economic activities over the next year.  She will investigate agricultural practices of the Farmer's Guild, shipbuilding at Hephaistos, and take opportunities for investment by purchasing shares in the Hephaistos Mining Operations using 3 Wealth.
  • Alaine will, pursuant to the suggestions by the Scriptores and with their blessing, bring her case before the Ecclesia Custodes and the Iudicatores, requesting their assistance with the reclamation of Garthon III from mutants.  Further donation funds and votive offerings will be made available at need. 
  • Maria Fornost will continue her administrative duties over the Family Holdings as steward and continue recruitment of forces for a military operation to relieve population pressures in Bastion proper, reclaim Garthon III from "mutie" hordes, and less publicly but still well-understood by the more cynical, expand the holdings of House Morgarten and its vassals. 
  • Already-recruited forces will begin preliminary scouting of promising terrain on Garthon III under the command of its senior military officer in preparation for an offensive to secure new fiefs.  Particular focus should be given to scouting in preparation for a phased offensive where a "leapfrog" strategy can be utilized - lightning offensives between defensible positions, where resupply and refit can be conducted (either overland, by sea, or from low orbit) and the captured area secured and cleansed from above-ground and subterranean threats before the next offensive begins.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 01:50:49 pm by Culise »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2015, 06:43:36 pm »

Hmm, he was not so foolish after all...

"I must admit, I am not as aware of court happenings as I should be, albeit your call for my wife is bit misguided, for she leads the Vengeance campaign. However... If I were to bring one of my brothers here, I am sure yo would be able to work with him. We can work out more details soon."

The emperor finally dismissed the man, feeling a little silly for treating him so harshly earlier. The palace was becoming a pit of vipers, he thought. He would have to take measures against it sometime.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11