Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Imperial Splendour - A Rising Suns Game 206-210 AD  (Read 10854 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Splendour - A Rising Suns Game 206-210 AD
« Reply #120 on: January 31, 2015, 04:50:26 pm »

Sigmund entered the throne room, obviously fuming. He had returned from Jurt just a few days before, and had received a report on the riot in the capital. He made a swift bow before the Emperor and spoke in an icy tone.

"Your Grace. In view of the recent assault on my brother in the very streets of this city, I intend to seek reparations from the Church of Mirrodan for encouraging the riots and to demand an official investigation for in the matter. This entire affair is a slight to my House, and by rights it should end in blood - but out of respect for your authority, I have decided to come to you first."

He cleared his throat, still furious, and kept going.

"I can deal with the Archon by myself, as his domain lies entirely on Mirrodan and as such under my authority. However, with your permission, I would like to have all dealings held on Halo in the presence of an Imperial witness of your choosing.

As for the matter of the investigation, my House's resources are alas otherwise busy at the moment. I would like to ask for an investigation to be done by the Office of the Imperial Eye as soon as possible, in order to find out if anyone else is inciting violence against my family and soon after terminate these dissenters. If someone else than the Archon can be considered responsible for these developments, they are a threat to the Empire's integrity and an insult to imperial security.

Are these arrangements satisfactory, Your Grace?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 31, 2015, 04:56:42 pm »

For house Azores, the empire had been doing a few things that had driven them to near breaking point. While internally the house was fine, the instability of the empire, combined with the emperor's ruling on the bodyguards had led seralt to seriously question whether staying in the empire was still worth all the effort. Though given the situations, he hoped to atleast be able to talk some sense into the emperor.

Or so he thought. At the very least, he would try. Approaching the imperial offices, he steeled himself for what would be a rather... unpleasant conversation.

House Salyar. For Seralt, it was an unusual house given it's background. A hundred years ago it was merely a minnow to house Nova, but fast-forward 100 years and they had somehow fulled a miracle out of the bag, basically taking over the majority of the habitable land on the planet, kneecapping the church's authority and to top it off it's current leadership had managed to revamp the economy on Si'kar to the point that, given some optimisation, it would be the equal of house Azores.

With this in mind, Seralt figured that house Salyar would be a very valuable ally. In doing so, he sent a message to the house's matriach, hoping to arrange a meeting:
To Aileen
It has come to my attention that house Salyar would have a huge potential to be a critical component in the empire. If you want, we could meet to discuss a few things relating to that, if you'd be so inclined.
-Seralt Azores, Patriarch of House Azores and Master of Agri-prime.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 31, 2015, 05:02:00 pm »

Valerian returned for a short time from Vengenace not too long ago. He took part in wedding celebrations but his mind was still occupied by military matters.

"Ah Sigmund. Its good to see you I can understand your frustration, the capital took me by surprise when I heard all about the riots just as we were coming out of the jump in the orbit. Its funny how these problems seem to not exist when you are high above them all.... You have my permission for these matters. If you wish, we can skip the church charade and can you be married in a civil manner. Now that Empire exists, we can write up legal contracts without Church interference. If you are however bent on making them suffer, I can accommodate your request. My brother Luthias is a loyal and careful man, he will not say anything out of order if he were to act as a witness.

As for the investigation, I will make it happen as soon as the Prefect of the Office is chosen."
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 05:21:44 pm by Ardas »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2015, 05:15:29 pm »

Sigmund made a small smile and replied in a calmer, but still grim tone.

"It would be an honor to have you arrange the marriage yourself. As for the Church, well, I intend to deal with the problem personally."

The marriage between Al-Hazar and Morgarten is now to be presided over by the Emperor, without an overly large ceremony and under the watch of a tripled guard. Any civilians attempting to interrupt it are to be shot on sight.
The upper echelons of the Mirrodan priesthood are invited to Halo in order to settle the problems with the marriage in civil discussion. In order to prevent the escalation of hostilities, all parties will have to come without a personal guard. If the priests fear for their safety, they will be reminded that the matters will be held before an imperial witness.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2015, 05:44:03 pm »

Valerian was in his study, still swamped with the administration work. Capital was a a hive of nobility that grew with each year - for each wedding he could expect a half a dozen more new nobles and each of them was tradition-bound to have retinue and bodyguards of their own... he wondered how long before the clergy would be outnumbered on Halo by the drunk, fornicating crowd that called itself "Nobles" of the Empire.

A guard entered the study. "My lord, Seralt Azores is seeking an audience."

Valerian sighed and tossed the papers on the desk. He pinched the bridge of his nose and took a deep breath.
"Let him in."
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 06:20:03 pm by Ardas »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 31, 2015, 05:58:59 pm »

Aileen read the Seralt Azores with a slight smile on her face, House Salyar had only recently made its way into power in the Imperial Domain and already the politics and games were about to begin, games she quite despised as a necessary evil for the risk of death that always seemed to come with them. Sighing she was quick to send word back for in a new theater with all new threats it was always important to get the lay of the land, and then start getting allies whose backs you can redirect knives into should they come your way.

To Seralt,
I would be remiss to deny such a meeting to another House of such standing, I would be honored to meet you and see if what they say about you is as true as I hear. I must make an appearance at the Imperial Court soon soon, so then would be perhaps the best time for a meeting.

Aileen of House Salyar

Aileen sighed as she found herself waiting outside of the Throne Room waiting for word to come that the Emperor was ready to receive her. For today she had worn a flowing red dress that seemed to contrast heavily with the battered sheath, and sword that poked its way up over her should in easy reach should any trouble occur. As was the tendency when Aileen found her nerves on edge her hand had found its way to the ludicrous example of a flintlock pistol that was strapped to her hip, she traced her finger along the edge of the hilt expertly avoiding the exposed wires, tiny metal pipes, and silver boxes sticking out of the weapon in almost all angles. The weapon had ceased to work shortly after her grandfather's death, and no one had managed to get it working since, now she kept it for the sentiment it represented and her memories of kind, tortured man who was her grandfather ...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 04:10:52 pm by adwarf »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 31, 2015, 06:37:10 pm »

Seralt gave the guards an appreciative nod as he came inside, before addressing the emperor. "A pleasure to see you, your highness." Seralt chirped, before taking a seat, his demeanour getting colder as he started to speak. "Now, I would be here to complain about the ruling on the bodyguards, but I won't waste my time trying to appeal on it just yet.

Rather, I would be here in regards of those riots, and it's root cause: Specifically, the marriage between Alruna and Wilhelm. The riots are only going to get nastier the longer the two continue trying to go through with it. And with the church condemning it, it would be prudent in the name of stability to annul the entire marriage altogether. We can't handle an entire world revolting, let alone a revolt happening on the church's blessing."

Imperial court

Soon after, Seralt arrived. Dressed more plain plainly, in a more simple but elegant garb. "Ah, Lady Salyar, how nice to meet the scion of those that somehow enslaved luck to their cause and basically whipped both house nova and the church into being obedient on Si'kar. It is a pleasure to meet you."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 31, 2015, 06:49:13 pm »

"Seralt, I know you have your reservations about the bodyguard regulation, but you know it as well as I do that until I am sure that the Palace and Capital will remain civil, I cannot authorize an influx of large amount of people with both arms and attitude. Not to mention ongoing dueling which seems to keep everyone occupied, but I'm sure its not the only way that the nobility blows off its steam..."

The emperor wrinkled his nose as if in disgust. He was starting to dislike Halo, but the thought that this menagerie would follow him to Vengeance were he relocate there was even worse.

"As for the marriage, its a civil matter between two Houses. I will not interfere with that and if they wish to get eloped, I will facilitate that. Without appearing crude, I have to say that bedroom politics give far better results than battlefields or parliaments. One is a waste of men, another a waste of time."

The emperor turned around and stared out the window, his hands clasped behind his back.

"What would you have me do with the riots and the marriage? I know its easy to send in the guards but if you seem to have an alternative, speak your mind." 

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 31, 2015, 07:08:40 pm »

"The riots are formed from the opposition to the marriage. The marriage goes, and with it the impetus for the rioters the start causing trouble. After that, everything should fall in line, including the archon. If the Archon doesn't... Let's say I have a few bits of dirt on him that I doubt that he, or the feudalists, would like to be exposed lest it damage their reputations at the very least..." Seralt said, arms folded as he spoke.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 31, 2015, 07:45:25 pm »

"What if I told you that the marriage is already ready to be arranged and that the Archon will not have a pinch of support once he is on Halo in presence of an imperial witness to see his negotiations with Al-Hazar Patriarch?"

Emperor turned back to Seralt. "Lets see it this way. They want the marriage to happen and the only opposition is the one whipped up by a cleric who is afraid of changing times. If I were to lift bodyguard restrictions, would you be able ot help quash the riots?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 31, 2015, 08:24:42 pm »

"Hmm... Losing the archon would be problematic in the long term for us, given that he's an easily controlled inroad into the church's own politics. I'd not see an asset go to waste, especially given the control we'd have over him now.

As for quashing the riots, I could probably go one better and say there there'll be none. If there is you can be assured there won't be after my guards are through with them. But, you'd have to deal with opposition to the marriage. And if that meeting goes how I think it will, the marriage will be strained if word about that got out."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 31, 2015, 08:38:04 pm »

"Hmm.. I'd loathe to lose a foot once we got it through the church door, and your suggestion about the riots and negotiations see awfully intertwined. But I get your point. 

The negotiations will have to happen, things been put in motion but the marriage needs to be discussed. At length if necessary even, maybe there are other avenues to explore."

Aileen was led into the study of the emperor by hi s guards. They requested that she deposit her weapons with her before she was led inside.

"Matriarch Aileen Salyar, its good to see you here finally. your house made much progress since the days of my father on Si'kar." Valerian seemed gregarious and somewhat oblivious to whom she was, welcoming her with open arms.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 09:01:50 pm by Ardas »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 31, 2015, 09:02:38 pm »

"Perhaps there are. In any case I would presume that any negotiations would have to wait until both sides are ready to go to the table. And I suspect you'll need to tell the other party about all this before we can head to it?"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 31, 2015, 09:07:49 pm »

"Of course. I will ensure that the discussions with the Archon and what will follow will be with my oversight."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 31, 2015, 09:26:44 pm »

Seralt got up out of the chair, stand beside it as he left a hand upon it's back. "Very well. If I may take my leave now sire..."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11