Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Imperial Splendour - A Rising Suns Game 206-210 AD  (Read 10861 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Splendour - A Rising Suns Game Winter 205 AD
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2015, 06:59:34 pm »

Adrian stops and turns around in the doorway.

"I will be leaving immediately to Marshall the forces before sending them to Vengeance. I shall return after my trip as soon as possible to work out said details with your brother.

If i could make a small request: Call my brother one day and tell him that i have decided to step down due to Emergency matters regarding the organizing troop reinforcements. It'll make him happy and the public spin won't hurt either of us in terms of failure to deal with bureaucracy or biting of the hand that raised in your support.

That is one of my two requirements.The other is to trust me and meet me halfway in our new court alliance for without it these words mean nothing. Salutations Emperor.
"

Adrian promptly leaves making his way to his old quarters to gather his things.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2015, 12:58:21 am »

After Adrian's meeting.

Soon after Adrian leaves, Seralt arrives after having received a missive from the emperor implying that he wished to speak to him.

"Mi'lord, you sent for me?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 07, 2015, 08:12:06 pm »

"Yes Seralt, I have a matter that I wish you to consider and it to be of utmost importance for you."

Valerian made himself comfortable and offered a seat to the Azores patriarch.

"As we both know, your House is perhaps the one of the few remaining powers that exist since the old era. You carry not only the tradition but numbers too, and I know your family is numerous. However, there are more than few who are worried about your power and influence. Personally, I am not worried, for wisdom is what carries us both forward. Hence, I wish to sk whether you would be willing to give up your daughter Aerys and let her join the Imperial House as wife for my son Frederic. If your permission is granted, she will become empress consort once my heir ascends to the throne."

The emperor let the offer sink in, remaining silent in expectation of Seralt's answer.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2015, 08:33:29 am »

Seralt pondered the emperor's words for a few moments, before he replied.

"Aerys only joins the imperial house upon Frederic's ascension. Other than that, I can more or less agree and provide my approval for this. However, I'll need a little time to inform my daughter about this and the decision ultimately lies with her, though I'm rather confident that she'll accept it."

"Now, in direct relevance to that, given that I'll assume that the pair would travel to the other half's worlds, would be the xeno situation on agri-prime. At the moment, we got just about every outlet we can just laying on the propaganda in order to smooth out any internal opposition to them being freed before making an official declaration of emancipation for them, with troops on standby for the inevitable attack by other noble houses and such.

The fact it's probably going to screw the other houses on the planet over hasn't gone unnoticed, and being honest I don't care too much for them particularly. The other options however are impractical: To remove 6 billion beings from a world would cause catastrophic damage to agri-prime's economy and just increasing the security means we continually throw money at the problem without actually doing anything to actively solve it."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2015, 09:57:49 am »

"Hah, I think its a rather long wait for both of them to get married, if you want to keep Aerys with you until then. I do not plan on giving up throne anytime soon, and I do believe that the custom is for bride to join the groom's family, no? Not to mention, any children would be in a difficult position if Aerys were to be with her original family. I'm sure you understand, but I do approve of you getting her consent first."

Upon hearing about the situation on Agri-Prime, Valerian's brow furrowed, earlier mirth disappearing completely.

"Xeno emancipation? Are we seriously talking about it? I surely did not expect you to slaughter all that manpower. They are the muscle of your economy, but know this: if you emancipate them, I will be forced to bound them to the surface of the planet and issue proscription on any Agri-Prime non-humans outside of that world - I do not want to see any of these aliens on any other human world, let alone have them running freely about the place."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2015, 11:23:52 am »

"Well, I'd hazard a guess that is more a tradition between a noble of a minor house marrying into the 'greater' nobility. Besides, between how well she's doing with her lands and the financial benefits of that I can't really afford to let her go. And as for the children, I'd say it means a few voyages between the parent's holdings and I'd be more than happy to cover those costs for their sake."

"And I am seriously talking about it, given that pragmatically, it's the only option. While in the short term it might be a hit to the economy and the overall manpower, given than they make up around two thirds of the total population the manpower we will have available would almost triple. The travel restrictions I have some qualms about, though I can see the necessity of them, thus I propose a little renege on it: They are barred from leaving House Azores territory, With an exception for combat and security personnel. Would that be reasonable to propose?"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 08, 2015, 05:56:13 pm »

"I do believe that travel and administration of land are a non-issue for as long as they remain here in the Imperial Palace. Other than that, I agree to the arrangement.
As for the aliens - the proscription will be absolute providing there are no circumstances to change it."

A marriage between Frederic Hartwing and Aerys Azores is announced. Aerys will nominally remain with her family to administer their lands for them until Frederic's ascension. They will both remain in the Imperial Palace to satisfy both sides and to allow them administration of their respecitve lands.
Emperor places a proscription on aliens hailing from Agri-Prime, forbidding them from leaving the planet and to remain anywhere within Imperial space that is not Agri-Prime.
6 wealth from Imperial treasury is used to recruit 3 units for Imperial Army.
Emperor Valerian descends upon Vengeance with the mustered forces to take command of the overall front (departure after weddings happen of course.) Cynric Hartwing will return to Imperial Palace to oversee the court and Emperor's fiefs.
Imperial decree regarding personal bodyguards in the Palace is issued -  no individual noble is to exceed the bodyguards attached to the Imperial family.
Alruna Morgartern is named new Imperial Taxmaster and Treasurer. Ida Hartwing, who was an observer with her, will return to Halo for her wedding.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 04:19:28 pm by Ardas »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 08, 2015, 06:11:50 pm »

"Very well, I can agree to that. If something I feel does change that situation, I'll let you know."

"Anyway, I believe I saw Adrian a little earlier around here, I presume the entire fiasco with him has been dealt with?"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 08, 2015, 06:27:16 pm »

"Anyway, I believe I saw Adrian a little earlier around here, I presume the entire fiasco with him has been dealt with?"

"Nothing to trouble yourself with, Seralt. Its been a pleasure to see you. I look forward to seeing Aerys here."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2015, 03:53:47 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 10, 2015, 05:55:26 pm »

The Vengeance Front

The Emperor is going to down this time. No simple scout actions. Sixteen divisions have been deployed, ranking from House Rastyqua Scouts, over Major House Infantry and Armoured Divisions to Imperial Army and Even five Legions of the Grey Guard have taken the field.

The Emperor quickly organizes them in three groups. Lady Rastyqua leads the left flank and is to push from St-Ahrimans Cloister northwards all the while securing left side of the main push, made of ten divisions led by the Emperor himself. Finally Adrian de Treming leads the Right Flank composed entirely of Veterans from the Azores Civil War. It takes several days of marching till the first contact.

The Warlords have noticed the large movement of military and cessated their infighting for the time being to form a united front.

[Test of Strategic Minds: Failed] The enemy doesn't take the bait to attack the main force. The Mutants far more used to the territory outmanouver the large and less agile imperial host and engage in a massive flanking attack. [Butcher?: Failed] Harg, ignoring the actual plan of attack decides to descend upon the Imperial Consort instead of joining the attack on teh Right Flank where de Treming is facing 7 Hordes with just his three.

[Relieve Forces in time?: Failed] Scouts reporting the movement, cause the Emperor to detach the five grey guard legions to stop the flanking attack but they don't arrive in time.

As it stands the Imperial Host is split in two. Adrian de Tremings soldiers have retreated to Ahrimans Cloister while 14 Divisions under the Imperial Couple are somewhere in the Ashwastes. On the opposite site the 10 Mutant Hordes have unified again and prepare for the next battle.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 12:42:25 pm by Ghazkull »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2015, 06:16:18 pm »

Valerian looked over the battlefield, binoculars in his hand. The only ornaments of his rank were heavy signets on his fingers and silver epaulets on his otherwise plain heavy coat. Kat was on his left and awaited his word. Adrian fled, his usefulness tested today. This had to be finished and quickly, otherwise the war would carry on. "We need to pin them and my wife can rip them apart from behind."

"Her Grace will need more men if she is going to do that, Your Majesty," One of Hartwing officers said.

"I know. Which units can join her immediately?"

"The Imperial regiments, sire, they can join up with her side."

Valerian looked through the binoculars, eyeing the main battle line. "We will have to hold then. Send them now, we are as ready as we will ever be."

Jekaterina receives 3 units to her side. Emperor Valerian will advance and try to engage the main enemy force while Jekaterina moves around them and envelops them from behind.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 06:17:49 pm by Ardas »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2015, 06:59:08 pm »

[Strategy: Success!] The Mutants happy with their successes feel strong enough to engage your host directly. You have no idea how they could forget 7 other Divisions of you moving around them...but then again it could be simply due to the fac tthat they lack radio communications.

You finally engage them deep in Hargs Lands close to Gutt a small town of Mutants which lies at one of the few rivers of the planet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2015, 05:57:46 pm »

Bastion Front
((i took your order for Maria as recruiting another Division. if that order is incorrect please tell me so.))

With two recruited Divisions ready for deployment one of the Veterans is promoted to lead the Operation. General Alden "Old Surehand" Creed is an old veteran who had already served under your father. [2] His skills as a simple soldier however won't help him much in leading an army though Traits: Maimed(Hand), Skilled Fighter +1, Bitter

nonetheless he obeys your orders and sets out with two divisions into the jungles of Garthon III which haven't seen a expedition from the Hive in three decades. [5] The scouting operation goes off without a hitch. in the vicinity of the Hive are [4] four isolated Mutant clans each with their own cave systems, as far as can be discerned these Mutant Warrens won't support each other if you start conquering them. [1] however each of them by itself are exceedingly strong. In fact each warren commands over vast swathes of land and if you attack one of these warrens you may have to deal with up to 10 hordes each.

[1] Even worse your scouting operation gets discovered and ambushed in the forest!

Spoiler:  Battle at Warren 1 (click to show/hide)

Upon successfully return the Old Man demands the immediate expansion of the Morgarten military he especially counsels the aquisition of armored divisions.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 31, 2015, 04:01:07 pm »

Winter 205 AD

An omnious message has been sent over a priority channel, a security code that can only be read by the highest orders of the Empire:

I will hide all trace
Count the days
Nine to reach my fate
Swear to return
Nine days to bring the change
Destiny fulfilled.

Several attempts by Inquisition, Grey Guard and even House Cr'tok failed to decipher this message...it could not be traced back either.

Halo

Sigmund Al-Hazar and Ida Hartwing are married in a double ceremony together with Frederic Hartwing and Aerys Azores!
The joyous event however is overshadowed by several events disrupting the peace of the Capital:

RIOTING IN THE STREETS! The newest Marriage attempt by Al-Hazar and Morgarten was once again prevented by a raging mob. the Archon of Mirrodan even spoke out against the marriage and condemed it as "heretical and abhorrent".

3 Mobs attack Wilhelm Al-Hazar in the streets of Halo!

Spoiler:  Halo Riot (click to show/hide)

Even worse Minor Nobles, Courtiers and understandably Mercenaries and Personal Bodyguards are protesting against the new laws of the Emperor. To take away the customary amount of Personal Guards is an outrage! For now they are only complaining, but seeing as already outraged mobs are rampaging in the streets it might be better to reconsider.

Sigmung Al-Hazar and Ida Hartwing are now married
Aerys Azores and Frederic Hartwing are now married
Wilhelm Al-Hazar gains Skilled Fighter +1

Soma-System

With the Exploration of the System its exploitation could now begin:

Having been granted Colonization Rights on Sigma I, a Factor of House Morgarten looked into this new World.
Sigma I a Swamp World with a Fauna which would propably put any monsterfilm to shame was potentially perfect for Agricultural exploitation.
Alternatively one could abuse it is a Training World for Military and sell its exotic flora and fauna.

Plan A: Turn Sigma I into an Agriworld Step 1: Establish Secure Settlements
Time: 1 Turn
Money Needed for Investment: 10 Wealth
Difficulty: Easy

Plan B: Leave Sigma I as it is  Step 1: Drop of Colonists
Money needed for Investment: 2 Wealth
Difficulty: Hard

meanwhile Sigma II has been granted to House Al-Hazar:

Sigma II is an Ice World. Despite that the Atmosphere is barely breathable. The best settlement spot would be close to the Equatorial Areas where the Ice turns into Tundras.
The planet is not really interesting for large-scale colonization unless one were to begin large scale Terraforming.

Plan A: Small Scale Colonization Stage 1: Establish an Initial Colony
Money Needed for Investment: 3 Wealth
Difficulty: Easy

Plan B: Complete Terraforming of the Planet Stage 1: Increase Heat exponentially
Time: 11 Years
Money Needed for Investment: 20 Wealth
Difficulty: Medium

Jurt System

Refueling at Garthon III, Siegfried Al-Hazar sends a report about his findings to the Imperial Court.

Siegfried Al-Hazar gained Skilled Explorer +2
Hazarius I has been discovered
Hazarius II has been discovered
Goldrush has been discovered
a Gas Cloud has been discovered

Soma System

[Economic Investments Successfull] The Factor of House Al-Hazar uses his money wisely and builds in the newly claimed Asteroid Field a Mining Station, a Refinery and a Repair Dock all in all worth 3 Fiefs.

Al-Hazar spends 3 Imperial Marks
Al-Hazar gains 3 Fiefs

Triumvirate Space

[2+2] Recent attempts at investments in Triumvirate Stock Markets by House Morgarten were only mildly successful. For now ,however, you have shares in the Hephaistos Forgeworks.

gained 1 Fief "Shareholder Hephaistos Forgeworks"
lost 3 Wealth

-------------------
meanwhile at the Palace of the Patriarch of the Church of Light

Alruna Morgarten once more attempts to garner help from the Church.

[4] Offering more than 4 Imperial Marks as an offering to the Church, plus earlier offerings by Alruna causes quite the desired effect among Church Officials.

And those who give shall recieve. Alruna, instead of being given a meeting with the Knight-Commander of the Ecclesia Custodes or the Grand Inquisitor, is instead granted an audience with the Patriarch.

My dear, the Church is indeed willing to help House Morgarten [2+2, 6+2] in fact we are willing to lend 10 Divisions of Brothers Battle as well as the Inquisitorial Cruiser "His Will" in return for only a small measure of your piety. 30% of the Planet to be administrated by the Church and the cooperation of Hosue Morgarten with the rebuilding of the Eccelsiastical Navy.
--------

House Salyar
Total Fiefs: 6

Military
None

Spoiler:  Dynasty (click to show/hide)

House Hartwing
Total Fiefs: 9

Military
2 Divisions of Duskmantle Rangers - led by Jekaterina Rastyqua on Vengeance
4 Divisions of Hartwing House Guards - led by Emperor Valerian Hartwing

House Al-Hazar

Total Fiefs: 9

Military
5 Cruiser Flotillas - led by Sigmund Al-Hazar in Soma-System

Azores
Total Fiefs: 18

Azores Military Academy
Curriculum:
100% Combined Arms Warfare

Students:
None

Military

House Morgarten
Total Fiefs: 4
Military:
2 Division Morgarten Veterans - On Garthon III - Led by Alden "Old Surehand" Creed

The Imperial Army

Vengeance

3 Regiments Imperial Army - led by Jekaterina Rastyqua
4 Regiments Grey Guards - led by Emperor Valerian Hartwing
1 Regiment Grey Guard Grenadiers (10/20) - led by Emperor Valerian Hartwing

The Court

Marriages upon Marriages. However The Court is abuzz with public failure of Morgarten and Al-Hazar to manage a proper marriage.
At the same time the court has grown angered towards the Emperor, curtailing the ancient rights of nobility is not a trifle thing.
Several people have suggested that the secret Message is in fact a Countdown, others hold it as ridiculous and think it a coded military message and again others the end of the Universe

Due to the increased importance of the Capital, more Courtiers and Nobles have arrived from all over the Empire and even Triumvirate Space. All of them are looking for benefactors.

Duelling
Movement has come into the Imperial Duelling Ring, with the Ascension of House Salyar new Duellists are crowding in from Si'kar bringing new flavour to the once old and bland.

Imperial Court Security Analysis

House Hartwing
5 Noble Retinues
5 Grey Guard Squads
6 Vassal Retinues

House Salyar
6 Noble Retinues

House Al-Hazar
3 Noble Retinues
3 Vassal Retinues

House Azores
19 Noble Retinues - only 12 available currently due to Laws
1 Mob of Drunk Courtiers
3 Vassal Retinues

House Morgarten
3 Noble Retinues
1 Vasssal Retinues

Imperial Space and Known Systems

Spoiler: Jurt System (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Soma System (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Patria (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Lightbringer System (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Demon's Eye System (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Halo-System (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 04:44:08 pm by Ghazkull »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11