Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Caravaneer 2  (Read 10128 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Caravaneer 2
« on: December 09, 2014, 01:14:47 pm »

Just like the first Caravaneer, but better.  Still ugly as a pudge though.

Basically, you are a wastelander who trades stuff, kills looters trying to loot your corpse and all sorts of shenanigans.  You can be a slaver... you can build/buy businesses within settlements, somewhere.
Also, heck ya.  Robbery is a legitimate business in one of the nearby starter settlements.  It employs 45-some people.  (Spawns or more accurately, the removal of them, do not have any reflection on this apparently.)

Settlements are semi-simulated, they produce and consume goods.  When you bring them goods they need/want, they will consume it and their wealth will go up. 
Animals, they produce goods, can be slaughtered for tasty treats... among other things like making more baby animals, hauling people, hauling stuff, hauling carts, eating your forage and drinking your water.  Disclaimer: Not all animals are created equal.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

bQt31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caravaneer 2
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 01:52:56 pm »

Nice, I had fun with the 1st one.

edit: DLCs in a flash game.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 02:04:41 pm by bQt31 »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 02:47:25 pm »

Nice, I had fun with the 1st one.

edit: DLCs in a flash game.
...  It is a free singleplayer flash game...  Which has probably taken quite a bit of free time to make....

@DLC Content: One of em provides extra weapons and the other provides a mission only available in story mode.  (I havn't bought em.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 02:54:56 pm »

Caravaneer 2 had a Kickstarter to fund the creation of the game. The backer rewards are done through DLC system, and pay for'em if you want them.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 02:55:08 pm »

I never did that but i tought i would show this link anyway.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=142112.msg5562405#msg5562405
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 03:25:45 pm »

Didn't even know there was a kickstarter for it.  And meh, I must've misspelled it when I tried searching for an older thread.

varsovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 04:07:49 pm »

OMG caravaneer was probably the flash game I spent the most time with (the 1st being Binding of Isaac sadly).

I hope I can still do my "army" of jeep riding very agile rocket shooters. :D
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 04:11:47 pm by varsovie »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 05:14:59 pm »

How does one do DLC in a flash game?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2014, 05:45:35 pm »

How does one do DLC in a flash game?

Via log-ins and keeping track of who can do what?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2014, 04:00:31 am »

From what I've seen so far playing story mode and still in the starter area, it seems like bandits are a lot less frequent, so that you can no longer make a living from just killing them. Fortunately, they've added in some things to make tracking prices of things a lot easier, so that in this game, I'm actually using the trade screen to conduct trade, rather than just gearing up my small army.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2014, 04:09:24 am »

Ohgoodness, someone made a thread here :D
I was one of the early players in the hosting site and...well, I've a lot of information to unload here, including several special notes of the topography and storyline.
..Though I didn't back it due to financial reasons >_>
It's a very nice game.

bQt31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2014, 10:59:16 am »

I'm playing the sandbox mode, because I really don't care about the story here, just want to be some random guy who trades and fights...
But the first steps look ..hard. Obviously I can't take on marauders yet so I'm just avoiding them, and my only profit yet comes from trading textile and trousers. But the trousers factory seems to produce 1 trouser/year :D so I end up making the trip back pretty much empty handed.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2014, 11:06:52 am »

The trousers actually need a supply of whatever it is to create the trousers and the town also consumes some of it while it is sitting around in the market.  You can check what sort of product(s) the trouser industry is missing, then import it.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 11:08:24 am by Zangi »

bQt31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2014, 11:20:07 am »

The trousers actually need a supply of whatever it is to create the trousers and the town also consumes some of it while it is sitting around in the market.  You can check what sort of product(s) the trouser industry is missing, then import it.

Yes the trouser industry consumes textiles. But all I can carry is 11kg and Im way too poor to buy a cart or recruit other people so I can just carry like 1/3 trousers worth of textiles to this town.. I probably need to find another trade route  ;D

Edit: I was in a town that sold cannabis earlier, maybe I should start as a drug dealer  :-\

Loka

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2014, 02:57:50 pm »

I'm playing the sandbox mode, because I really don't care about the story here, just want to be some random guy who trades and fights...
But the first steps look ..hard. Obviously I can't take on marauders yet so I'm just avoiding them, and my only profit yet comes from trading textile and trousers. But the trousers factory seems to produce 1 trouser/year :D so I end up making the trip back pretty much empty handed.

2 physical
8 agility
8 accuracy
2 strength

You can kite the Drekkar bands by punching twice and retreating if they don't have crossbows, and shoot the crossbows with pistol. You'll get leather jackets which sell for 8000 in the drekkar town after a good kiting session.
Pages: [1] 2