Poll

The party is headed to?

1) The gold mines of Valerian lords.
- 2 (28.6%)
2) Help Orthisk aginst Krullrethan raiders
- 5 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: An age undreamed of. RPG 6/6 The Krullreth hordes.  (Read 5228 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: An age undreamed of. RPG 6/6 The Krullreth hordes.
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2015, 01:47:29 pm »

Everett goes to join Leonidas, armed with his hatchet, all the while cursing the lack of suitable spear shafts in the region.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2015, 01:50:23 pm »

I grab the leading Krullrethen who was just dismembered by Theron and put my knife to his throat after disarming him, then yell in any languages I know to stop or we will kill their comrade.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2015, 04:57:10 pm »

I start chopping bandits to pieces with my sword.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2015, 08:08:57 am »

-------------
Partys

Farm
Beneviento, Drustan mac Iccios
Cryxis, Prince of Doom, Leonidas Harth
SilverDragon, Theron Drakosen

-----------
Town
Aseaheru, Everett Owen
NAV, Rodrik Calthorn
IcyTea31, Melinda Newcastle
-------

I grab the leading Krullrethen who was just dismembered by Theron and put my knife to his throat after disarming him, then yell in any languages I know to stop or we will kill their comrade.
The Krullrethen looks at the the dagger with wide eyes for a moment before he lets out a half garbled cry in krullreten.

Leonidas puts his axe in his right hand and dagger in his left and fights the intruders
From the door way, Leonidas look at the two remain intruders as they slink back into the woods.

------------
I start chopping bandits to pieces with my sword.
With his greatsword in hand, Rodrik advances with his sword in a wheeling circle of flashing steel.

The riders turn to face the guard captain and brakes into a rapid canter, swinging there long spiked brass club as they approach.

You watch as the Hrolfr the guard captain, leaps at the lead horseman plunging his sword deep in the riders chest.

Stepping aside the second horseman, you smash your blade into the horses legs, cleaving them from the body.

With a power full downwards swing, you end the horseman.
Melinda follows with her plan.

[Infiltration plan. See quoted post.]
Leaping on the downed raider, you drag his body in to a near by clump of bushes and quickly strip his body.

His armour is made from iron mail with small plates of lacquered steel held in place by the rings.

Slipping in to the one piece suit, you pull on the leggings and wiggle into the shirt, buckling it closed before you tighten the belt around your waist.
With the long spiked club in hand leap on to the riderless horse and kick it in to a run.

Short sheets
-------------
Spoiler: NAV, Rodrik Calthorn (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2015, 08:37:30 am »

Leonidas sheathed his axe but keeps his dagger out. He also retrieves his spear from the hopefully dead bandit and keeps it in his main hand
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2015, 11:23:48 am »

The plan is going along nicely. Melinda rides around, but doesn't actually fight, waiting for the skirmish to end.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2015, 08:51:18 pm »

Everett grabs a spear if possible, and moves to assist Rodrik, mostly by dealing with anyone who gets too close.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2015, 12:39:16 am »

"They'll be back, I'd guess this lot were just scouts. There'll be more of them soon. Any ideas?"

I hog-tie the wounded raider with any rope lying around, and try to see if he speaks any language that I can speak.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2015, 09:23:26 pm »

Right i guess i'll just skip SilverDragon as i haven't heard from him in a while.

Leonidas sheathed his axe but keeps his dagger out. He also retrieves his spear from the hopefully dead bandit and keeps it in his main hand
Everett grabs a spear if possible, and moves to assist Rodrik, mostly by dealing with anyone who gets too close.
With his dagger in hand Leonidas slowly walks out, across the court yard as Everett  follows him closely with a spear at the ready. 
The remaining raiders stayback, skulking behind the tree line, as Leonidas pulls his spear free from the dead raider. 

"They'll be back, I'd guess this lot were just scouts. There'll be more of them soon. Any ideas?"

I hog-tie the wounded raider with any rope lying around, and try to see if he speaks any language that I can speak.
With the farmers help, you quickly bind the wounded raider arms tight.

You keep "questioning" him,  rapidly switching languages, it's when you insult his mother in Vauec that he reacts in recognizance.

"My mother did not stud swine, you gibbering son of an ass." he spits out the words.

----------------
The plan is going along nicely. Melinda rides around, but doesn't actually fight, waiting for the skirmish to end.

You start to ride around the skirmish, as the lone rider darts from tree to tree.
Sighting you he waves you closer with his free hand.
A sudden spear comes whistles past your heading, and the last raider wheels his horse around in to the night.
Spurring your horse on you follow leaving the mob behind you.

Keeping in sight of the raider, you follow him in a moon light steeplechase.

When he finally slows, your at the top of the cliffs over looking a small cove.
Down on the sandy beach below there's pair of galleys sat at the high tide mark, and few men visible in the glow of a small cooking fire.

As the rider starts making his way down the cliff you consider what to do?
--------------

Short sheets
-------------
Spoiler: NAV, Rodrik Calthorn (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2015, 09:36:59 pm »

(sorta got the groups messed...)

Start checking the bodies for survivors.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2015, 09:50:46 pm »

Look each and every one of them in the eye and chuckle maniacally
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2015, 10:16:23 pm »

Keep killing bandits. Look for the highest ranking bandit I can find to kill.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 12:12:03 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2015, 11:48:40 pm »

Walk down audaciously, noting any security, such as passwords. Use my Charisma to get past what I can. If I can't, dodge the question or other system and inconspicuously sneak back away from the cove. Silently count how many raiders there are, what their leader looks like and any weaknesses he might have. If anything valuable comes opportune, steal away. If my cover is blown, just run, with a horse ASAP.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2015, 11:50:37 pm »

My apologies, I've been neglecting lots of things... I'll have to back out, I'm not sure if I can keep up with this on my current connection.
Apparently coding DF is equivalent to slaying hydras.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2015, 12:06:34 am »

I question the raider in Vauec, interspersing questions like whether more raiders are coming, how numerous they are, and who is leading them with questions about where he is from, when he came here, and whether he has any family.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]