Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Eco Sphere  (Read 919 times)

ThirdProphecy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress Eco Sphere
« on: December 09, 2014, 08:37:33 am »

So, there are products that exist such as the Eco-Sphere http://www.eco-sphere.com/

Its a nice decoration for your desk that you can watch an entirely enclosed eco system take place - like an ant farm kinda too.

How cool would it be to have a small monitor on the side of your desk that shows reruns of fortresses in real time that you can always glance over and watch?

please :*(

Ngosp Umbabok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Eco Sphere
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 10:05:48 am »

This a is a forum for suggestions about improving the actual game. You could always try to get in touch with Toady about this but I think he would rather work on the game then some quasi-DF-gameboy thing.

If you want too you can just record your time playing a fortress and then replay it on a tablet or another monitor.

Adrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 10:17:48 am »

ThirdProphecy is the second forumer to post a weird suggestion after having been comatose for three years.

Call me paranoid, but i went ahead and generated a new password for myself. Just in case.

ThirdProphecy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 06:26:24 pm »

Weird doesn't mean its not good :P Think how cool that would be! A recorded video wouldn't be the same, you would have to be able to pause and look around, view the combat log, etc.

Anyways - This wasn't really a suggestion for Toady to do, I'm just stoned as hell and thought of it and wanted to share :D