Poll

End combat?

Yes
- 4 (100%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 83

Author Topic: Gurren Lagann Gaiden [OOC]: Tomas, Minmax Elemental  (Read 77729 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

I have a question for you folk: what do you think is the best picture I could have for my mech? I've found three to my liking. There's this, this, or this.

What do y'all think?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Pick the one that looks hammiest. :P

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

It's Unicron, they all look very hammy.
Well, the latter two more than the first.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Since it's still going to be a one-hit wonder and you fuse with other mechs easily, I had been thinking something really light or exo-skeleton-ish, or possibly something that transformed into a pair of wings.

Alleecat, I think that would probably be perfectly fine, so long as the limitations made sense, such as needing to take a turn beforehand before you can fire, and being unable to move much whilst so set up.

Close range inaccuracy always seems like an oxymoron to me. Only thing that would really get worse is tracking speed, unless they were in melee range.

Projeck, you can be a tank without having three times the damage resistance of the next person's gear. And then having it apply to both forms of attack. And then some extra stuff on top of that. That was my issue. That, and I recognize the pattern you're getting into; defensive and justification. I was pleasantly surprised when Elf agreed to nerf it a bit. Why can't you simply do the same? I'm not asking for a ridiculous downgrade. But +10 DR...compared to Kyle's +5 Defense. On top of +150% Defenses. That, and having your normal piece of gear(which is already fairly damn powerful, considering she auto-blocks with that shield, effectively) then usable while in Gunmen, which no one else can do.

By the way, the last one is hammiest, Xantalos.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be fair, PN will probably nerf everyone's crap to shit when he sees it. :P

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile

Just noting that I was waiting on PN's opinion on the matter with the shield. I put it in there for him to question. It is his game, afterall, and he can decide what is fair, and what is not. I don't particularly care either way, I just had fun imagining my character. The special weapon (aka the shield in gunman form) was for fun. An addition that I thought could make my character a bit more... unique.

Anyways, what I'm saying is, I'd rather hear from PN's judgement on the +10 DR, and if he lets me have the shield, that's cool. If not, oh well. Just trying to have some fun instead of getting into arguments with someone who isn't even the GM.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Although if PN says I can have my +10 Dodge/+10 Speed Jets, I don't care how unfair it is, I'm keeping them.

Fucking Gurren Lagann, yo. When the shittest mecha can break reality on it's knee... :P

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile

You may have another piece of equipment on the condition that your Gunman's power reduces by 8.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PN-chan, +10 Speed and +10 Dodge jets fine? Or should I leave it as +6 Dodge / +8 Speed?

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile

PN-chan, +10 Speed and +10 Dodge jets fine? Or should I leave it as +6 Dodge / +8 Speed?
Dodge and speed are the same thing, baka

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

o-okay, s-sempai

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You're actually his sempai, Elf. And I am yours due to date registered :P

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*stabs and drools over PN-sempai*

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

PN, the difference here I'm pretty sure is that +10 Dodge gives you a numerical bonus to dodge rolls. +10 Speed gives you ten higher speed, and thus a larger die, to roll any time you need to make a roll using Speed. Which includes dodging.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meanwhile, two things.

A.) Removed Shield from gunman.
and
B.) I just realized that in December, my forum account will be 5 years old. Woah dood.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 83