Poll

End combat?

Yes
- 4 (100%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 83

Author Topic: Gurren Lagann Gaiden [OOC]: Tomas, Minmax Elemental  (Read 77743 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile

Before I make a gunren or gunkaizadundom or whatever they're called in this, I need to know: will Tömas still suffer his instakill rule? Will multipliers in anything except Spirit actually do anything?
His gunmen will have a very low base stat of like 5, but against other Gunmen, he's fucked if he gets hit. Better get spiral shields.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Ao is so cool they put a mask on their (faceless, already immediately identifiable) mech to hide their identity
bitch this is gurren lagann
mecha make as much sense as xantalos shipping would

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

I've never WATCHED GL.
All I know is "WHO THE HELL I AM???", punching people in the face, and heaven-piercing drills.
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heretic.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Well, Jen already has her shield. It just expands to be part of her mech. So technically the mech only has two pieces of equipment. I just felt like putting it on the form.
And technically I'm calling bullshit, Projeck. Especially when that means your basic equipment is better than Gunmen level equipment.

I don't want to be aggressive about this, but if you're going to pull crap like this, I feel like I need to. Look at Kyle's equipment and his shield and whatnot. Look at mine. Your equipment is flat better than his shield. Not cool, yo.

Speaking of which, is everyone really going to make their offensive weapon +10 damage? Really guys? Come on.

And then I see the other mech with ridiculous bonuses...Goddamnit Elf...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, you don't expect me to give Ao, who's already the most fragile character (only Reina and Tomas are more fragile, and both have counters) no way of offsetting their own fragility?

Fair 'nuff, the numbers aren't balanced, but the other option would to be not play on Ao's strengths (fastest character, most skilled short of Reina) and deliberately waste their stats. It would also not fit Ao's aesthetic to go for a mecha that isn't fast as crap.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 09:04:17 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Speaking of which, is everyone really going to make their offensive weapon +10 damage? Really guys? Come on.
I mean, it is literally the example given in the OP.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

She's already in a Gunmen with a +150% bonus to speed. Some bonus to Speed makes sense. A +10 bonus to Dodge and Speed is a bit much though. 6 to both would be more reasonable, or just 8 to dodge or something. For reference, it would make her literally impossible to be hit by Jesse in her own Gunmen without Spirit Break. Literally impossible. That's fucked up, yo.

KJ, the example in the OP is +8 damage. The Kamarangs are a special, only-sometimes weapon, not their basic weapon. Besides which, you people should learn to be more creative. >.>

Like the Weapon Projeck has. That's cool. My only issue is with the +15 DR and being able to use her massive super-shield while in a Gunmen.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

How about we wait for PN to give call on what's fine or not?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Firstly, why do you people keep calling them she?! God dammit. :P

I take your meaning, though. I'll nerf it, but Ao would STILL be impossible to hit the moment Ao triggers Spiral Boost, which doubles their speed and skill anyway. Which is granted, sort of the point. If he DOES get hit, he falls apart like wet paper.

I WOULD be more creative, but Ao's motif literally is 'swordsman with butterflies'. You don't expect someone dainty like them to be picking up pipes. That would be undignified.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spiral Ability counters Spiral Ability. That's perfectly fine. Thank you, Elf.

I know it would still be unlikely for Jesse to hit ya, but at least not it's only comically unlikely. :P Which I'm fine with, since Jesse's whole point is that when she does hit, she hits hard.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, why the hell Jesse would be hitting Ao in a Ganmen, I have no idea. Those things are not for sparring, yo.

On another subject, we have to have a sequence where people try to figure out if Ao's a trap IC since people seem to be convinced they are.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile

Well, Jen already has her shield. It just expands to be part of her mech. So technically the mech only has two pieces of equipment. I just felt like putting it on the form.
And technically I'm calling bullshit, Projeck. Especially when that means your basic equipment is better than Gunmen level equipment.

I don't want to be aggressive about this, but if you're going to pull crap like this, I feel like I need to. Look at Kyle's equipment and his shield and whatnot. Look at mine. Your equipment is flat better than his shield. Not cool, yo.
That's because my character is a TANK. That's the point. To have the best DR out of everybody. Besides, the shield is a special weapon as well, like the kamarang. It's not in use constantly. It's only in use when she decides to pull it out, which, IC she doesn't even know she can use the shield with her gunman. It's something for later, not right away. If it were for right away, I'd just lower the gunman's armor to +5 and have a constant +7 on the shield or something. And the thing is, the shield is her weapon so it's only on her actual body at the beginning of the turn, assuming she isn't just ducking back to assess the situation, and that she actually throws the shield.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

I just wanted to have a sniper rifle-esque weapon. I was actually thinking of making it more powerful, but with some limitations (i.e. inaccurate at close range, can't move and shoot in the same turn) but, again, I had no idea what was acceptable.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't mind me, just setting up the Prince Buki.

Spoiler: Prince Buki (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 83