Poll

End combat?

Yes
- 4 (100%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 83

Author Topic: Gurren Lagann Gaiden [OOC]: Tomas, Minmax Elemental  (Read 77187 times)

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gurren Lagann Gaiden [OOC]: JUST WHAT IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK THIS IS!?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2014, 07:53:40 pm »

So did Kamina's, but he had time for awesome speeches! Where's your dedication to the cause of AWESOME, huh?!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2014, 09:57:21 pm »

IT'S IN MY FISTS

HERE, LET ME GIVE YOU A CLOSER LOOK

FISTS

FIIIIIIIIIIISTS
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2014, 11:09:48 pm »

.... Hm. We can probably make that work actually...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2014, 12:06:13 am »

IT'S IN MY FISTS

FISTS

FIIIIIIIIIIISTS
this but for swords

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2014, 12:47:10 am »

IT'S IN MY FISTS

FISTS

FIIIIIIIIIIISTS
this but for swords
Um... I like guns...

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2014, 12:48:57 am »

IT'S IN MY FISTS

FISTS

FIIIIIIIIIIISTS
this but for swords
Um... I like guns...
Spiral bullets for me!

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2014, 12:51:03 am »

IT'S IN MY FISTS

FISTS

FIIIIIIIIIIISTS
this but for swords
Um... I like guns...
Spiral bullets for me!
I haven't decided yet because I don't have time to make my sheet yet...
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2014, 12:51:41 am »

Hmm. To min max or not to min max?
MINMAXING PRODECURES ACTIVATED
SHEET INCOMING
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2014, 12:55:31 am »

I considered going like 20 in Spiral Power, but I can boost later. I feel this character will be good.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2014, 12:59:40 am »

Hmm. To min max or not to min max?
MINMAXING PRODECURES ACTIVATED
SHEET INCOMING
That's just asking for the first enemies to be the exact counter to you.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2014, 01:01:26 am »

Name: Tömas MacFeegan

Description: Tömas was born a large boy, well over 20 pounds - or so he claims, as no one was actually there to witness the birth besides his mother, who never spoke of it to anyone. As he grew up, however, everyone agreed that he was a prodigously talented lad in the arts of violence and alcohol. He was born sometime in the midst of the first Spiral War, when the enraged fist of humanity smashed time and time again against the ceaseless advance of the Anti-Spiral menace. Joining up when he was but 4 years old, he quickly rose up the ranks due to his boundless anger granting him great reserves of Spiral Energy, attaining generalship at 10. For the next 150 years or so, he and the rest of humanity would fruitlessly attempt to exterminate the Anti-Spiral, but even the immense power of their leader Lordgeonome could do nothing against their boundless energy. After centuries of war, the human spirit began to falter, but Tömas never even considered the possibility of giving up. He mantained this positive attitude until his death, fighting on his own or inside his mecha Cuirrian ceaselessly. This of course all changed when Lordgeonome was cursed with the vision of the End.
The reality of the Spiral Nemesis had driven him mad, or at least that's how it had seemed to Tömas at the time. He pleaded with all the Generals to stop the war, cease the fight! But the fight was Tömas' reason for existing! Was it any wonder that they resoundingly refused?
Of course, none of them were a match for him when he turned on them and killed them all. Tömas was one of the first to die, impaled through the face by a drill, but his rage-filled spirit refused to leave his body - instead it watched in horror as his compatriots were slaughtered and Lordgeonome established his rule of compromise and oppressive peace.
In the centuries afterward, Tömas' spirit refused still to fade away, for reasons unknown even to himself. Too stubborn to die, as he'd been sometimes called in the war? Likely. He wandered about the land, an intangible spectre full of boredom.
Then Simon and his gang rose up and defeated Lordgeonome, and Tömas was no longer bored. He watched, curious, as the inevitable battle against the Anti-Spiral was waged once more. He watched as Lordgeonome, nothing more than a head attached to a computer, regained his spiral energy and sacrificed himself to help defeat the beast of stillness and entropy that hung over the stars. And the day after the struggle was complete, Tömas manifested Spiral power for the first time in 650-odd years.
It was all uphill from there.
Tömas manifests himself as a cloud of pure Spiral energy, his physical body having been destroyed long ago. It's mostly a flickering image of an incredibly old man with only the faintest muscles present on him at all, but as he powers up his form bulks up significantly, his hair grows back and regains it's signature curls, and he regains his original form as ... think of a cross between the stereotype of a big bulky Scotsman and a viking, with long curly hair and a temper to match the two stereotypes. As an old man, he wears simple clothing, but in this form he wears a cross between the traditional dress of the two cultures - a kilt, plate mail, and a horned helm. Of course he's a ghost so this is all just appearance-wise, but still.
Personality-wise, Tömas ... well, he has a temper on him. Like most Spiral Warriors, he's fiery, passionate, and has a stubborness of legendary proportions. Being old he can also be cantankerous, however, and he's an avid proponent of war or violence for most situations, having grown up in an environment of constant war. He loves alcohol and would kill to taste it again.

Level 2
Stats: 87 total
VITALITY: 1
SPEED: 0
SKILL: 3 (1.5% crit chance)
STRENGTH: 0
SPIRIT: 83 (+3 from Core Drill Fragment)
DEFENSE: 0
RESISTANCE: 0

HP: 3 (WOOOT)
Spiral Capacity: 83

Equipment: As Tömas is a ghost, he doesn't carry any equipment with him. However, he does have this one thing.
Core Drill Fragment - This small glowing green drill is a fragment of the Core Drill, broken when Gimmy was killed attempting a Giga Drill Break against the Nemesis. Its power can be invoked to give automatic success to any roll once per campaign, and can be used to create a Giga Drill Break. +3 SPIRIT per level.

Abilities: Spiral Shield: Tömas knows that as a ghost he's very vulnerable, so he's focused on developing this technique, which generates a shield of varying size, shape, etc, made out of Spiral Energy that blocks damage depending on the amount of SP put into it.
Spectral Weaponry: Tömas can summon up various weapons and objects out of spiral energy - obviously drills, but also axes, spears, bagpipes, etc. The quality of these weapons is determined by how much SP is put into their summoning.
Shapeshifting: Tömas isn't limited to his human form. He can transform himself into a variety of things; much like the Spectral Weaponry thing, only he's turning himself into, say, a giant drill, instead of calling new ones into being.
Flying: He's a ghost, so he doesn't have to stay on the ground. He can invest SP to move faster if necessary.
Will Burning: Tömas will die if he's hit by even one point of damage. He doesn't like this, and he can do this to offset it. If Tömas dies, gets reduced to 0 HP, whatever, he can choose to sacrifice 10 stat points semi-permanently - he gets them back when he levels up twice - and not die. If he gets reduced to 0 stat points via the usage of this technique he perma-dies.
Possession: Tömas can in the heat of battle temporarily merge his essence with that of a willing Spiral being. While in this state, he shares 50% of his stats with the possessed and the possessed person's body takes damage instead of him, as his essence isn't showing.
Fuck Your Circuits: When operating Gunmen Tömas automatically powers them with Spiral Power, even if they're electricity-powered.
By the Power of Lego: Tömas in a Gunmen can combine with other Gunmen even when the rules say he or it can't.
Like I Was Alive: Tömas can use the insane amount of Spiral Power at his disposal to temporarily boost his other stats. This takes a turn to prepare, and the turn after, he gets 2 stat points per SP spent in the stat of his choice.
Giga Drill Break - Finisher move. Uses the rest of the player's SP, and deals bonus damage equal to SP spent *2.5. Automatically hits, but cannot crit. Takes a turn to charge, where they are unable to dodge incoming attacks. Once you finish charging it and are attacking your target, you cannot cancel your attack.

Perk: Made of Spirals: Tömas, as a ghost literally made of Spiral Energy, starts combat with a GM-determined amount of SP. He also regenerates SP at 1.5x the normal speed.

Spoiler: Rapture's Embrace (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 12:39:40 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2014, 01:04:55 am »

Want to join? Fill out the sheet. Before you instantly copy-paste the sheet into your post, check the spoilers below first.

Name: Tömas MacFeegan

Description: Description loading

Stats: 80
VITALITY: 0
SPEED: 0
SKILL: 0
STRENGTH: 0
SPIRIT: 80
DEFENSE: 0
RESISTANCE: 0

Equipment: Nothing. Well, he always wears an old-fashioned tuxedo, but that's it.

Ability: Nothing in particular
Okay, that looks fine.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2014, 01:20:47 am »

But... But he has no health! OR strength! He can't move! I think he might be dead.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2014, 01:33:18 am »

But... But he has no health! OR strength! He can't move! I think he might be dead.
No no, it's fine.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2014, 01:35:33 am »

Actually, I have a question: what exactly does the abilities section determine? What spells we have or something? Because I'm kinda tempted to make a list of a billion spells this guy could feasibly know, but I'm not sure.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 83