Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Imperial Splendour - A Rising Suns Game Need 1 Player  (Read 7765 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Splendour - A Rising Suns Game (5/5 Players) OOC
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2014, 05:31:33 pm »

UHm...im not sure we have a Lady Morgana...wrong universe 3man

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2014, 06:18:43 pm »

Insults and Duels

It is common and allowed among the Imperial Nobility even after and during the Downfall to challenge anyone among the nobility or members of the court to a duel.
In earlier days these duels were usually fought with the artifact wireblades, monofilament blades, able to cut even through the thickest power-armour. With the Technological Regression of the Empire, however, other weapons become accepted to.

In any case if you feel insulted or insult somebody else, it may lead to a duel to satisfy the honor of the injured party.
Refusing drags a loss of face with it and is seen as a severe sign of weakness.
While it is allowed to choose a champion instead, he is expected to be of the family or of high ranks within the organization (if we take the Church or The Grey Guard as example).
Getting in too many duels and then sending in a champion however brings it own implications.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2014, 06:28:36 pm »

Sorry i had dyslexia. Promise to not post so quickly from now on.

EDIT: Am i apart of this meeting or am i just alone on the outside.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 07:01:43 pm by 3man75 »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2014, 07:08:01 pm »

You are a part of it, as all heads of houses are. Imperial council was called right after coronation to discuss policy in depth.You can make your proposals and ideas there and I will dish out appointments as well.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2014, 07:23:36 pm »

Grey Guard

To those who are interested. The Grey Guard were formed in the early days of the Empire, born from Technology long beyond the grasp of anyone else in the Empire, they form the elite of the elite, the best Mankind has to offer.

While a Grey Guard Soldier is a superior soldier, he is not the warhammer 40k walking killing machine of a space marine. Grey Guard Soldiers gladly sacrifice their lives en masse if need be, after all The Crow's Aerie will bring more soldiers, ever more.

What is beyond that mask is wildly discussed. Grey Guard Soldiers seldomly remove their helmets in the presence of others as it is considered a show of great trust and respect to reveal ones face to another. The exemption to this are High Ranking Officers which have to deal with the nobility of the Empire on a daily basis.

Grey Guard uniform is kept simple and functional and bears like the name suggests field grey. Their Emblem is the Raven and replaces the Imperial Eagle.

The Second from the Left is roughly what a officers parade uniform looks like.

Women are encountered about as often in the Guard as men but are strictly kept in different Units for reasons which are not known to outsiders, however female officers may command male units and vice-versa.

One should never forget that the Grey Guard is far better equipped then any other outfit in the Empire. Its artifact vaults seem to be endless, maybe they even have their own factories in the unkown depths of the Crows Aerie.

So why are the Grey Guards such loyal soldiers. Why not just build a Military Dictatorship or carve out their own Empire. Simple the Guard was not built for that. It might seem odd to an outsider but every Guardsman is trained from his birth onwards that his highest duty is to protect the Empire and the Emperor. That however is not the only reason, there exist other factors which propably have an even larger influence in this matter but are not known to the general galaxy...or even anyone outside of the grey guard.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 07:25:48 pm by Ghazkull »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2014, 10:09:28 pm »

I have a minor question, Taricus.  Did you intend to approach Alruna immediately after the post-coronation council or immediately after the coronation itself?  Your title suggests the former, but the text suggests the latter.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2014, 10:50:24 pm »

The former, sorry about any confusion, I'll go edit that into the post now.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2014, 10:53:12 pm »

No problem, and thank you for the clarification.  I'll probably wait a bit to start on the post-Council work since I expect we'll all have quite a few interactions in Council before we get to that, and that may skew our topics of discussion a bit. 

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2014, 10:56:19 pm »

That's fine, especially given that outburst of HERESY back there XD

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2014, 08:45:58 pm »

Question: how do companies in the Triumvirate tend to function?  Given much of the inspiration for the backstory (and more precisely, the fact that much of it is drawn from eras long before the concept of joint-ownership), I perceived many of them as being closer to guilds, very large family businesses, or at the most, traded corporations that either zealously guard their voting margin or do not distribute voting shares at all, with maybe a few cooperatives in the mix in agricultural areas.  However, this is technically the future, and the IC suggestion by Sarault/Taricus suggests that many, if not most are the sort where we could quietly buy up stocks and seize a controlling interest. 
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 08:53:15 pm by Culise »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2014, 04:54:35 am »

You are actually both right.

The largest businesses in the Triumibrate systems are owned by the three Triumvirii. All three of them are constantly fighting among each other. Below them many Patricians own large family or guild run businesses. But that does not mean that you cannot shoulder into the action.

General rule of Thumb: High-technology ventures (like the Ship Forges of Hephaistos) are guilds and closesly protected from outside influence. However things like farming,transport business and, oddly enough, mercenary companies are all market-share companies. A Good point to start would be Hephaistos Mining Operations.

On the other hand you could start by using the Triumvirii against each other.

A Third possibility would be the abuse of the rampant Heresies and Cults in the System. Since the Triumbirate is only pretending to be church-influenced they sprout up everywhere.

There are two Major Cults in Trinity System:
The Imperial Cult - a bunch of people who believe that the church lied to us over the last several hundred years, that there never was only one pancreator but in fact a far more Complex Cult, consisting of a Pantheon of Gods. The Pancreator is still worshipped although under a different name. He is known as the God of Light.

Ravencult - the Ravencult is part half-official Assassins Guild, half religious Cult. They believe in the Great Raven...a very similiar figure appears in the Imperial Cult as God of Death. In any case the Raven is supposed to guard the afterlife. It is a not so well known fact that the infamous Robert "Red" Redding has been trained by the Ravencult. Although nobody has seen Old Robert in decades some think he still faffs about somewhere...

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2014, 01:51:50 pm »

Ravencult sounds pretty badass.

Also, I'm having computer troubles and I have to wait awhile until it's fixed. My phone's auto correct has been known to get me into major trouble. Thus, I'll be mia until Monday when I got to school and use their computers.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 01:54:46 pm by 3man75 »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2014, 08:51:07 pm »

Alright, now that the council is over, should we do that meeting between Alruna and Seralt now Culise?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2014, 09:58:22 pm »

Sure, that sounds good, and immediately after I can start on the de Treming dinner.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2014, 09:59:32 pm »

Sounds like a plan. Did you want me to initiate it , or are you fine doing so?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 10:01:27 pm by Taricus »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7