Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Imperial Splendour - A Rising Suns Game Need 1 Player  (Read 7776 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Splendour - A Rising Suns Game (4/5 Players) OOC
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2014, 01:18:07 pm »

the previous games are about 95 pages in total...you might want to rethink that...you do not necessarily need to know everything about the universe but it definetly helps...if you have any questions fire away, thats what the thread is there for.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2014, 04:15:08 pm »

How much land do i have btw Ghaz?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2014, 05:12:02 pm »

Heh.  Well, it was rather a romp to reread; you thoroughly contaminated an entire continent with bioterror mayhem, directly leading to the Inquisition calling down an Exterminatus on your own world last time?  Good heavens, but I look forward to seeing what happens now that we have an entire Empire to caretake. ^_^

House Name: Morgarten
Home System: Jurt
House History: A minor House, for some time serving loyally as barons and baronesses to House Argonian.  They came to Garthon II with that house, fought and died alongside them, and like them, suffered terribly under the Death World's grim and unrelenting hostility.  Rapidly diminished to only three heirs of the bloodline, House Argonian staggered on for some years, always served by Morgartens, before the last Argonian of Garthon fell to illness less than thirty years ago.  Threatened by infighting and war, with the remaining Argonians far distant and either unwilling or unable to rule a Death World that had taken so many of their number, the aging patriarch Theophrastus the Elder found himself compelled to wage his own battle from the shadows to preserve what his liege lords had built, eventually securing suzerainty over the Garthon system.  Though de facto a powerful lord, de jure recognition was never in sight, but Theophrastus never sought such, dying peacefully in his sleep a mere baron that had restored order to Garthon with his own two hands, a fact recognized by the Grey Guard.  Perhaps the greatest flaw in the reign of Theophrastus, however, was his longevity, as he outlived all of his children.  As such, the senior heir in the main line was the young Alruna, daughter of his eldest son Theophrastus the Younger, who at the young age of 17 suddenly found herself Baroness of a suddenly-reduced minor House (much of the loyalty Theophrastus commanded having come through hard-earned personal bonds of respect or power rather than actual feudal rights as an overlord) and forced to contend with older and more talented members of cadet branches of her family as well as the other families of Garthon, those that had survived Theophrastus the Elder's "reductions," many of which were also senior in rank.  Loyalty still remains the watchword of the Morgarten family, but their loyalty, rather than to the House Argonian that had abandoned their duties to their vassals or any specific Emperor (that role so long held sede vacante), now rests in the principle of the Empire of Man.  Not even having ruled her own House for a full year, she now finds herself forced to come to Halo as one of five who will, between them, hold the electoral vote and select a new Emperor for the first time in a century. 

Bonus: Good Genes (3)

((So we can make it traitors, kinslayers, mercenaries, and children. :P))
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 05:27:20 pm by Culise »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2014, 05:24:38 pm »

Sounds very good. You are in and feel free to post in the IC thread.

Uhm, regarding Argonian, i wanted to keep them around a while longer, just rewrite that they died out on in the Jurt System, i want to keep them around in case a House dies out and we need a new one (besides nostalgia  :P)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2014, 05:28:03 pm »

Sure, that seems good.  It's probably more polite to not take a House built by another player and kill them all in the backstory, too.  Edits made. ^_^

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2014, 05:32:47 pm »

Alright, feel free to post IC then. And don't hate us if we all vote for you to be the emperor :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2014, 05:49:06 pm »

Alright, feel free to post IC then. And don't hate us if we all vote for you to be the emperor :P
Good thing my first post was already going to be how I cannot possibly serve as Empress.  Heck, the way I'm writing it, the invitation wasn't even to Alruna; it was to her grandfather (the one who actually did all of the great deeds), but with how slow word travels when not sent via direct courier, news of his death simply hadn't reached Halo by the time the couriers were sent out with invitations. ^_^
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 05:54:55 pm by Culise »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2014, 08:22:21 pm »

Okay the House informations have been updated in the second post. Most of you got exclusively good traits...extremely good traits. Especially the De Treming line had ridiculous luck...maybe i should reroll them to balance things out.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2014, 08:26:08 pm »

Reroll them then Ghaz!

Also who wants a marriage? I got two attractive sons!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2014, 08:35:46 pm »

ahh come on. I got like 2 dudes and one of them is almost dead.

Also, can Culise how about a marriage between my Jerald and you Alaine? (sister of the leader)

EDIT: It should also be mentioned that i put two like genes. an i have two characters. Culise put three into genes and has three characters. I think it balances out from the fact that i'm very limited with my talent.

EDIT: I have a bright son who's good at combats dammit!

Btw can my patriarch also marry someone? For example pick someone from his homeworld or a minor house something?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 08:41:09 pm by 3man75 »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2014, 09:27:58 pm »

I'm not going to quite accept any offers yet, since I do have a minor question about how marriages work.  When we marry our characters together, I assume we retain the usual indirect control of each character from our dynasty that we would have were they unmarried or married to an NPC (but correct me if I'm wrong).  That said, how will inheritance and control of the children be governed?  This is especially pertinent in the case of people who marry the leaders of their dynasty to a character from another character's dynasty, I think.  Will there be set rules, or will it be handled on a case-by-case basis (translated: check your marriage contract carefully)? 

Btw can my patriarch also marry someone? For example pick someone from his homeworld or a minor house something?
I hope so, because otherwise, all of our dynasties are doomed to eventual failure as our leaders fail to wed and have non-bastard offspring (in the literal sense; of course, we're all free to have bastards in the figurative sense as our heirs).  ^_^

EDIT:
Oh, also also, do people have any particular preferences for their ranks?  I've been using "Lord" this and "Lady" that so far, but typically, I would think that you would refer to prominent titled nobles like the ones we're playing by their actual title - Duke, Count, Marquis, Baron, Baronet, etc.  Lord and Lady would be terms for the very lowest rank of nobility, or nobility that's not actually titled directly. 

EDIT 2:
Actually, what is the typical form of noble protocol in this particular setting?  It does tend to vary from Empire to Empire, after all. ^_^
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 09:37:00 pm by Culise »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2014, 09:40:37 pm »

It probably depends on the sort of marriage. I'd assume there are matrilineal marriages though, given everything. On that note, I have TWO sons for your personal perusal, depending on contract and such. Preferably, I'd offer the hand of my first-born, Sorak to you, but that may not be tenable given the contract.

And for my second-born, if Ardas would humour me I'd offer Issradi's hand to Ida's. While he might not be the most skilled administrator, so long as he's kept away from vast amounts of money he's pretty fine.

As for the title I used IC, I just used lady as a generic title rather than anything else. More than willing to change it if Alruna uses a different one.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2014, 10:02:31 pm »

It's no problem.  I've been using Lord for everyone else, after all (and Sir for Valerian, since he's not quite patriarch yet). 

Also, just out of curiosity, was the rule Al-Hazar mentioned an introduction in one of the previous games?  Skimming the rulebooks I just...err, obtained, when Alexius Hawkwood became Emperor, leadership of the Hawkwood house passed to Victoria Hawkwood.  There admittedly isn't very much precedent either way, though; Vladimir died when being crowned, and those who succeeded him before Alexius were only decade-long regents.  I only mostly skimmed the previous games, so I could easily have missed something.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 10:06:21 pm by Culise »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2014, 10:16:51 pm »

can someone provide me a link to the last game? I'd like to binge read the story.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2014, 10:21:08 pm »

can someone provide me a link to the last game? I'd like to binge read the story.
Houses of the Rising Sun (OOC)
HOTRS II (OOC)

And I just got the answer to my own question.  This is only inspired by Fading Suns; it's not actually set in that 'verse.  Hawkwood's precedent there means nothing here. ^_^
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7