Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Imperial Splendour - A Rising Suns Game Need 1 Player  (Read 7768 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Splendour - A Rising Suns Game (4/5 Players) OOC
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2014, 10:28:53 pm »

Hehehe. Oh boy you guys are probably going to hate what I got several ideas for.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2014, 05:57:59 am »

Marriages And Adoption
Marriage is really depending on your marriage contracts. Your own family members will however always stay with your family. Children also need to be negotiated. I first thought abouta an elaborate rule system ala Imperium Nova but then decided against it...its unecessarily complicated.

getting children is actually quite simple: It will be randomly rolled in the 5 year passing periods. on a 2,3 no child is born. on a 4,5 a child is born. on a 6 more than one child is born (determined in further rolls how many exactly). on a 1 the child is a miscarriage (further rolls determine whether only the child dies or also the mother).

Adoption is also a possible way of getting children although a not so good one. While normal children will have certain chances to inherit traits from their parents, adopted kids are randomly determined and might be absolute monstrosities when grown up...and once you have them they are yours.

Sucession

again anything goes. However you have to settle down on one way of sucession and may not change that for two generations of rulers.

House Morgarten for example would be closest to Cognatic Primogeniture (male-female equality closest kin to ruler inherits)
Houses like de Treming and Hartwing new on the stage could start completely different ways of inheritance, like Elective or Tanistry.

some ways of inheritance in case you are not familiar with noble inheritance:
Primogeniture (Firstborn inherits, after that its the closes to kin, so secondborn son, thirdborn etc. until we have to go to brothers and uncles or sisters and aunts of the ruler)
Ultimogeniture (the opposite, the youngest son inherits, followed by the next oldest son, after that its the youngest brother, the youngest uncle etc.)
Seniority (the oldest member of the family inherits)
Tanistry (you vassals vote for a member of your family)
Elective (your vassals and your family members vote for anyone from the family or even somebody outside the family)
agnatic (Only males)
agnatic-cognatic (male-preference)
cognatic (equal opportunity)
uterine-cognatic (female preference)
uterine (only females)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2014, 10:09:21 am »

Doesn't need to be an elaborate rule system, just something like, say, daughters are of one family, and sons of another. That sort of thing.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2014, 01:04:17 pm »

Can't the Patriach just pick someone of his/her choosing?

Example: Adrian pick Jerald to be the new head. As time goes by both have children. Because Adrian has chosen who is the one to inherit he cannot choose who inherits after UNLESS he decides to pick his own son over Jerald.

When Adrian dies and Jerald is the Patriarch then he chooses be it his own children or that of Adrian.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2014, 02:09:45 pm »

You can do it, its inheritance via choice. Its perfectly acceptable,  as long as you don't mind a throng of pretenders,  all claiming to be better.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2014, 02:21:39 pm »

Well, we kinda have the result of that already being demonstrated Ardas XD

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2014, 03:20:54 pm »

May I still join?

House Name: Kirurovich

Home System: Soma

House History: A house carefully modified by scientists long time ago, filled with deceitful plotters that would do anything for a coin and a good word. The previous head of the dynasty was Vladimir Hassarionovich Kirurovich, a wrathful man who was fiercely loyal to his liege, yet became bitter after seeing the amount of degeneration his family and vassals were. The last ten of his years were mostly consisting of him assassinating non loyal vassals and worthless scum that claimed to be the the rightful rulers of the house. Vladimir died at age forty two, leaving his younger son, Josif Vladimirovich Kirurovich as the head of the dynasty. The only brother of the fourteen year old ruler ran to the imperial court and tried to spark a revolt against his younger brother. Now, Josif leads a campaign to arrest his traitorous brother Gitsot, who has now managed to rise a tiny army in order to become the king.

Bonus: 2 More Land, 1 Good Genes.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Splendour - A Rising Suns Game (5/5 Players) OOC
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2014, 03:57:39 pm »

Sadly not we are currently full.

But several Things: There are no Kings. You will be part of the Empire.

Secondly, you have to start with a united dynasty or go the way the two Azores players went.

Third, if you start in Soma you should read up on HOTRS II where you get info on which Houses still exist on that planet. Soma is pretty mapped out, so unless you want to play a Nova or Cr'tok you are out of luck.
If you want to play a totally not-fluff established House you should either choose Al-Hazars Home System of Patria, or Agri-Prime in the Demons Eye System. The Planets allow more houses than the other ones. In the Lightbringer System is only Rastyqua and Hartwing as houses remaining and on Garthon III, Argonian and Morgarten.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2014, 04:00:42 pm »

And given everything I know and have access to, Starting on agri-prime isn't the best decision. Just saying for posterity.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2014, 04:13:21 pm »

I have no goddamn idea about the game, just decided to jump in.

Okay, 'tis but a title.

I'll remove the traitorous the Git, and I guess I will be on Agri Prime. Just to be spiteful.

Oh, and could you update the title to make sure that gullible sheep who can't count (like me) won't be surprised when they're not allowed into the pretty-pretty halls of the court?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 04:15:06 pm by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2014, 04:17:44 pm »

Okay, this was hilarious, but I have to feel that I ought to inform 3man that insulting the lord of Al-hazar in confusion for Seralt might need to end XD

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2014, 04:21:34 pm »

Okay, this was hilarious, but I have to feel that I ought to inform 3man that insulting the lord of Al-hazar in confusion for Seralt might need to end XD

oops  :-[

Well thanks for catching me their. I'll just go retcon those mistakes now.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2014, 04:22:30 pm »

also, Ida is Valerian's daughter, not Luthias'.

BTW, I'm not telling you off, but merely want to shift the RP in time to the imperial coronation and after. More appropriate time and place for it rather than straight after the election itself.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 04:27:44 pm by Ardas »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2014, 04:49:54 pm »

Um, when i put down Emperor Valerian i meant after the coronation lol.

I'll just walk in on you guys and wait patiently.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2014, 05:29:59 pm »

Stop posting so fast you guys ;-;
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7