Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26

Author Topic: Separatists  (Read 27980 times)

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
Re: Separatists
« Reply #300 on: April 01, 2015, 04:22:25 pm »

We need to have dedicated scout pairs so that are squads want be ambushed like that.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 01, 2015, 04:37:31 pm »

Well, crap.

Have 3 trained rifle squads, 2 rifle squads in training, and both an MG and AT detachment assault the 50-man outpost.

Pairs of trained + in-training squads will take down as many single-squad outposts as possible.

Hold a funeral for the Captain and those killed in action.

Report the event to our professional military buddies, and ask for information.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 02, 2015, 04:48:26 pm »

Separatists

Your men assault the large outpost, and, in the first exchange of fire, 20 DSF soldiers go down, before they reorganize near the armory and return fire, downing 10 of your men. An armored car lurches out of the motor pool, and the AT team rushes forward, firing a rocket. The rocket hits the car dead center, destroying it instantly, and the battle continues. Six more rebels are taken down, in exchange for 10 soldiers, and then they finally surrender. Your men quickly loot the base, and round up the prisoners.

Spoiler: Summary (click to show/hide)

Meanwhile, in a different part of your territory, you attack three checkpoints. The battles are barely worth mentioning, ending quickly, with few losses.

Spoiler: Summary (click to show/hide)

A funeral is held for all your dead men, near your base. Most of them, or their families, receive medals for their service, and your men give them a 3-volley salute.

You send a message to your military friends, describing the event from earlier, and get a message back not long afterwards.

"Might be the SOI. Secretariat of Intelligence. They were probably scouting you out with field teams."

Finally, your Captain has a unit suggestion for you. After the event where you lost that squad, he figures a rapid response unit would be useful.

Spoiler: Cavalry Squad (click to show/hide)

He also says that they could make improvised armored cars, buying pickup trucks and putting machine guns on them, for about $10,000 each.

Spoiler: Forces (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Territory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Finances (click to show/hide)

I didn't advance another month because you didn't take any major actions.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 02, 2015, 04:58:33 pm »

We really need more people. Send out more propaganda asking for more people to join the fight against the goverment. We have the arms we just need to give it to the right people before we can take on that base. Which has like 200+ soldiers in their.

Ask for a meeting with someone in the old Kulabian military for a two pronged attack against the base. Tell him about our numbers and our ability to arm as well as the possibility of getting foreign help to finally separate from Derown.

Definetly do the calvary squad but call them the "The Weeders". Whenver anyone calls for emergency help via arms they are to give out the code "Red 1!". Inform all of the radio men and squad leaders of the new code.

Spend 20k for two improvised armored cars.

Also take pictures of the new outpost we took out with a Kulanian flag flying. Then show that in our "Victories section" along with the "breaking of army check points".

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 02, 2015, 06:36:28 pm »

We really need more people. Send out more propaganda asking for more people to join the fight against the goverment. We have the arms we just need to give it to the right people before we can take on that base. Which has like 200+ soldiers in their.

Ask for a meeting with someone in the old Kulabian military for a two pronged attack against the base. Tell him about our numbers and our ability to arm as well as the possibility of getting foreign help to finally separate from Derown.

Definetly do the calvary squad but call them the "The Weeders". Whenver anyone calls for emergency help via arms they are to give out the code "Red 1!". Inform all of the radio men and squad leaders of the new code.

Also take pictures of the new outpost we took out with a Kulanian flag flying. Then show that in our "Victories section" along with the "breaking of army check points".
+1 but I think we should still call them Cavalry Squads.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 02, 2015, 06:47:14 pm »

+1 but I think we should still call them Cavalry Squads.
+1, and convert existing experienced rifle squads into the Cavalry, not the new recruits. We want 3 of these squads, using 6 of the 8 cars we have and leaving the extra two in reserve for special missions. The 6 in use will be painted with our own colors.

And if we haven't already, inform the Kulanian military about our artillery.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 02, 2015, 08:55:45 pm »

Should we also ask the General about this "Secretariat of Intelligence"? An by ask I mean pull his teeth to find out everything he knows.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 02, 2015, 09:11:46 pm »

It's probably the secret police, or a Special Operations division. We should be flattered, we've officially got their attention.

But sure, also interrogate the general for information about these guys.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 02, 2015, 09:17:25 pm »

I support the idea of getting a few tacticals.  Probably would want to mount a HMG on them, and have them be in groups of two tacticals and one pickup with foot troops, since most of the space would be filled by the MG...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 02, 2015, 09:59:04 pm »

It's probably the secret police, or a Special Operations division. We should be flattered, we've officially got their attention.

But sure, also interrogate the general for information about these guys.

With the intention to find where their hide outs and prisons are. If we can find them we can save our guys and stop them from knowing our hide outs. Right now our missing men may be being interrogated aggressively to pinpoint our HQ. If we can get them back or destroy that base than it won't matter what they know.

From there on everyone will know us and the country will be trully united as we'll be able to get weapons and people like its all good. The army will be too slow to stop us at that point.

In fact maybe we should break through a army prison somewhere. Good notoriety, freeing political prisoners (who will owe us favors), and more guns. Who knows maybe we'll find more info about our guys in the army prisons.

Use spies to get into that big base though to see whats going on.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 03, 2015, 02:32:14 pm »

Separatists: The Cavalry

Another pamphlet is quickly printed, preaching about the evil tyranny of Derown, and how your brave forces continue to defeat them in battle after battle. A hundred or so men flock to your group, and you begin training and equipping them.

You equip 3 of your squads with armored cars, converting them into cavalry, and your Captain purchases two pick-up trucks, converting them into technicals. They're not quite as armored as the armored cars, but they'll do.

You call for a meeting with the Bravo Company guys, and their leader rolls up in an armored car after a few hours. He talks with you for a while, and agrees to help you take the big FOB.

The general doesn't seem to know much about the SOI. They're apparently a separate, civilian intelligence agency, and he guesses they were sent in by Kull, or some other big shot.

One of your agents sneaks into the FOB, wearing a uniform, and takes a look at the base. There's about 250 men in total, 4 Rifle Companies and an Armor Company. They've got 4 tanks, plus a few armored cars and APCs.

Spoiler: Forces (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Territory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Finances (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 02:45:06 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 03, 2015, 02:39:06 pm »

Oh, fun. Armor.

Well, lets see if Bravo guys know how to use arty, if they do, we are gonna need their support. From somewhere a few KM from any of our bases...

Also, Im thinking all of our forces not otherwised occupied should go and be in the fight.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 03, 2015, 02:48:21 pm »

Oh, fun. Armor.

Well, lets see if Bravo guys know how to use arty, if they do, we are gonna need their support. From somewhere a few KM from any of our bases...

Also, Im thinking all of our forces not otherwised occupied should go and be in the fight.

+1 I think we should do what we did last time though. Lets send in some guys to locate the armory and destroy it this time though. With their weapons destroyed we can focus on taking out their armor with our artilery and RPG units (which we should train some of the new guys with those. Buy a few extras if needed.

The plan:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Take into account however the amount of guns we have and make sure everyone is armed and trained.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 03, 2015, 04:51:03 pm »

I don't really like this plan I personally think we should have 4 trained guys go in then "borrow" a tank then basically crash through the gate and create panic at the same time do your plan so we get a tank and kill stuff.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 03, 2015, 04:58:09 pm »

I don't really like this plan I personally think we should have 4 trained guys go in then "borrow" a tank then basically crash through the gate and create panic at the same time do your plan so we get a tank and kill stuff.

There's like 4 tanks. We take one that's 3 tanks left with crews that know how to operate it and use it better than rag tag rebels. Plus I'm sure random soldiers can't just run on top of a tank and get in like in GTA.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26