Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26

Author Topic: Separatists  (Read 27975 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Separatists
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2014, 11:40:00 pm »

Trafficking drugs to get more guns would be a good idea. Plus we can use the tax to bribe some government officials to look the other way on our activities.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2014, 12:34:51 am »

What are we, Contras now? Let's do the drug thing if we can. We haven't done anything openly against the government yet so they probably don't know we exist. This is a good thing. Therefore attacking actual government property, rather than random country constables, is probably still a no-go. Building goodwill among the villagers so they don't sell us out is a good idea, so low taxes and improvements are a good idea.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2014, 05:43:35 am »

Lets do the improvements, but not the drugs. Yet.

However, we might want to grow some things that are used as drugs for things like meds, oil and rope. We we may want to start growing some poppies and hemp...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2014, 11:40:00 pm »

You begin taxing the villagers a small amount, and send your men to begin working on improving the village. After a few days, the men have built fences, patched roofs, and generally made themselves useful. The villagers are slightly grateful for the help, and it looks slightly better.

You send a man out to look for poppy seeds, and your lieutenant approaches you, with two messages. First of all, he points out that there's a Derown militia base further down this mountain, that probably has about 20 soldiers in it. He suspects that Derown sends a payroll truck to the base once every few months, containing the pay for the militiamen. The payroll truck will most likely be lightly guarded, probably just a driver and one other soldier, and he doubts anyone would notice the disappearance. Secondly, he points out that your troops are, for the most part, completely untrained, and probably wouldn't be able to stand toe to toe with real soldiers.

Spoiler: Your Forces (click to show/hide)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2014, 11:48:01 pm »

Hmm.

Maybe we can set up a trap by having two soldiers step in front of them on the road. One looking wounded and the other yelling for help frantically.

The rest will hide and emerge slowly to point out guns on them. We'll take the vehicle and these guys hostage. Then drive away with our payment.

Heck, we can use the money to 're build the village.maybe buy the poppey seeds, and have the villagers till said field. Then sell them at a city.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2014, 11:59:55 pm »

Hmm.

Maybe we can set up a trap by having two soldiers step in front of them on the road. One looking wounded and the other yelling for help frantically.

The rest will hide and emerge slowly to point out guns on them. We'll take the vehicle and these guys hostage. Then drive away with our payment.

Heck, we can use the money to 're build the village.maybe buy the poppey seeds, and have the villagers till said field. Then sell them at a city.
+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2014, 12:30:42 am »

Hmm.

+1

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2014, 01:18:41 am »

Hmm.

+1

+1
+1
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2014, 01:39:37 am »

An idea for a more long term plan is to have something resembling "agents" in other areas to discretely build support and opinion in the background while we do other things.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2014, 05:44:43 am »

I support both ideas.
Highly Opinionated Fool

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2014, 05:56:24 am »

Secondly, he points out that your troops are, for the most part, completely untrained.
I wanted to bring that up, I know they don't have much in the way of discipline, but at least 2 of them are crack shots. Doesn't that count for something?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2014, 06:10:04 am »

We might want to start training them more.
Highly Opinionated Fool

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2014, 09:11:25 am »

We should adopt a religious motivation for our troops, I suggest Pastafeterianism!

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2014, 10:21:24 am »

The two villagers are above average shots, yes, but they're hardly crack shots, and they don't have any understanding of discipline, tactics, etc.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2014, 10:27:05 am »

The two villagers are above average shots, yes, but they're hardly crack shots
Then the tests sucked*, as they scored maximum possible completion.
You take the villagers to a nearby clear field, and set up a few objects for targets. Two of them hit every target.

(*) Any test on which people score 100% sucks (unless it's a pass/fail test), but presumably we didn't expect them to be able to do that.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26