Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26

Author Topic: Separatists  (Read 27954 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Separatists
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2014, 06:06:14 am »

As far as people in the village know, we are just another band of invaders. We need to first find out what the villagers' chief concerns are and which constables are corrupt. Then we can promise to do all those things when we take power.

We can't just liberate this area and not have a plan to deal with counter attacks.
we need to make a large area that Derown forces can't enter freely, this means we have to control traffic in.
So that means mineing roads, removing bridges and cutting phone lines.
Then we can rasie larger numbers to clam large areas.

Right the first thing we need to do is send a threating letter to each of the constables, basic stuff, be loyal to your country men not the invaders or else...

Whats the near by travel links like? any roads or railways with bridges or over looking terrain?
none of this. we have 10 men, 2 with any military training. Derown has a veteran force in the hundreds of thousands (or something (how big is Derown?) I guarantee you it outnumbers us at least 1000:1, while sporting better training and equipment). Until we actually have a trained force in reasonable numbers (both of those things!) we don't make any overt stands. At all. Blowing up a bridge for no reason counts.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2014, 10:06:42 am »

Blowing up a bridge is a the end of the line when it comes to sabotage.

The reason i'm keen on a sabotage is that it is unlikely that we will face any resistance.

Lets start by cutting a few phone lines, it's safe as there no way to guard the miles of wire and all we  need is some wire cutters.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2014, 10:27:42 am »

Lets start by cutting a few phone lines, it's safe as there no way to guard the miles of wire and all we  need is some wire cutters.
Wouldn't they just use radio?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2014, 10:38:46 am »

which is less reliable and much more open to intercepting/ jamming.   
And then there the moral damage of being unable to have even a simple phone line.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2014, 10:44:12 am »

which is less reliable and much more open to intercepting/ jamming.   
And then there the moral damage of being unable to have even a simple phone line.
Sounds like a plan. Let's send some of our people to infiltrate the town, and 2 others to steal a length of phone cord (if we're going to cut it, might as well keep a souvenir, hehe.)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2014, 05:26:32 pm »

That would only really be possible if we have ten dudes and then our LT and ourself, otherwise we have just enough to cover the camp and to do the town operation...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2014, 05:42:02 pm »

I was suggesting we don't hold the constables at gunpoint yet. Especially not, if we're going to cut down the phone wires later (it's much better to take over after there's a good reason for constables not reporting in).

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2014, 05:44:55 pm »

Chances are that they could cut the wires on their way in...
Highly Opinionated Fool

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2014, 07:24:21 pm »

I would prefer not to:
a) antagonize the inhabitants of the village (this is their one phone line)
b) attract repair crew on our current location.

it's better to cut the cable at some remote point.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2014, 11:04:48 pm »

So, do we have a consensus yet?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2014, 11:31:58 pm »

Go and recruit the police officers with our guns in private. It'll press them to our service and allow us to do what we want. Like hold a rally against the government.

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2014, 12:29:38 am »

Apparently coding DF is equivalent to slaying hydras.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2014, 06:05:29 am »

So, do we have a consensus yet?

Ok guys, we've been at it for 2 days now, let's get this moving. Here are the options, +1 the one you like:

Decision one : what is our main action?
*send a threatening letter to each of the constables, basic stuff, be loyal to your country men not the invaders or else... +scout out local roads for good ambush spots.

*Have 2 men tailing each constable and hold each of them up at the same time. Take away their guns and offer them a chance to join us..or shoot them dead. Whoever we think are corrupt are specifically to be killed because no one likes a bad police officer.

*Infiltrate the village, find out who the corrupt constables are, the chief problems of the village. Don't shoot anyone.

choice 2: what to do with remaining menpower?

*all in (leave 1 guy to guard the cave and use the rest to cover the operatives (with guns) in case things go pear shaped)

*bare minimum (send however many men it takes to get the job done (usually 1 or 2, though for one of the options 6), no need to endanger everyone)

*side task: phone line (have 1-2 men guard the cave and send the extra people to cut down phone/telegraph links. Keep the wires for a souvenir.)

my own votes are:
*Infiltrate the village, find out who the corrupt constables are, the chief problems of the village. Don't shoot anyone.
+1
*side task: phone line (have 1-2 men guard the cave and send the extra people to cut down phone/telegraph links. Keep the wires for a souvenir.)
+1
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 06:10:37 am by a1s »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2014, 07:36:50 am »

*send a threatening letter to each of the constables, basic stuff, be loyal to your country men not the invaders or else... +scout out local roads for good ambush spots.
+1

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2014, 04:18:20 pm »

*all in (leave 1 guy to guard the cave and use the rest to cover the operatives (with guns) in case things go pear shaped)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26