Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Are you moral?  (Read 18540 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Are you moral?
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2015, 06:04:20 am »

I slaughter gobbos, but if a companion I've travelled with for a long time, or is my only one, I get tron up over it... especially one I killed in tthe catacombs of mushroomsquashed after picking a fight with civ-aligned criminals... poor Anba Beachcombed the Immortal Partner... though in the end he was neither, he did kill ettins, vampires and bandit leaders.

I also miss a female lasher. We travelled together for ages, fighting megabeasts in isolated regions. I gave her the body of a bronze collossus she worshipped as a present... but she died as I broke through the narrow gap in the gobbo pit line to my own civ, tucked away surrounded by pits in a valley... I had been round the world... and that was why Tunik Glenrule retired. I couldn't save her :'(
One wheel short of a wagon

SupremeSandwich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2015, 01:18:46 pm »

I try my hardest to maintain morals but throughout my characters lifespans they tend to gradually erode to the point where I'm an amoral monster at which point I generally become disgusted with them (i know a lot of people on this forum casually murder entire civilizations but generally any time i kill or injure a child i start rooting for the enemies)
The only adventurer in my current world who I don't despise is an elf who i decided early would not kill ANYTHING and even him I'm slightly afraid to play him much longer because i don't want him to become a monster  :)
Training enormous always-burning baby elephant gladiators, who wield inanimate lions.

This is literally possible.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2015, 01:20:19 am »

Well, actually, having thought about it, the same adventurer with a tendency to take vengeance for followers has kind of an interesting history. Basically, when I first started him up, as in the instant I spawned, I was in this abandoned hamlet with a hostile goblin running past. Needless to say, I run after him and start, my character being a low-level Lasher, slowly whipping him to death. It's only after I've already mortally wounded him that I realize he's just a Fishery Worker, and that he was apparently a civilian. After that, I go looking for the lord I spawned as hearthperson to, finding a bunch of houses full of dead goblins along the way, and find out he's a "Boss". So apparently I started as a member of a bandit group which had just slaughtered a goblin hamlet. After that, a bunch of other stuff happened, most of it interesting and morally ambiguous. Anyway, I ended up interpreting him as a sort of double-misunderstood antihero; he looks like a murderous sociopath, but everyone thinks he's a hero because he kills monsters and goblins, but he's actually a murderous sociopath who's high-functioning enough to only go after acceptable targets.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

contheman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2015, 11:19:11 am »

As an adventurer, I once stormed a fortress I had made and left to operate without me. I killed everyone except for the artisans. I eventually felt guilty, so I had my character repent by meditating for about two weeks without food or water. I gave him the nick name "Living Buddha," took three steps into the legendary dining hall, and succumbed to dehydration and starvation. Thus, his sins were cleased (a.k.a. he left his all his valuables to the survivors).
-An Anthropological Study as an Adventurer-
The Adventures of Lord Cikul Knifejoke
The Under Appreciated Anthropologist of Steel
-A Fortress History-
The Founding of an Egypto-Dwarven Outpost
Life in Canyonfuture

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2015, 03:06:27 pm »

That makes me wonder. What would happen if you made a fort, retired it, went there as an adventurer, killed everyone, then try to play as the fort again? Would it automatically give you the "Your fort has bled to death" message? Must investigate...

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2015, 05:36:21 pm »

That makes me wonder. What would happen if you made a fort, retired it, went there as an adventurer, killed everyone, then try to play as the fort again? Would it automatically give you the "Your fort has bled to death" message? Must investigate...

If you retied your adventurer there, he would theoretically be a member of the fort, wouldn't he?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

contheman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2015, 06:09:44 pm »

If you retied your adventurer there, he would theoretically be a member of the fort, wouldn't he?
Actually, I tried that. My adventurer did not seem to be part of the fortress when I came back to the fort in fortress mode for some reason.
-A Fortress History-
Life in Canyonfuture

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2015, 07:06:51 pm »

Actually, I tried that. My adventurer did not seem to be part of the fortress when I came back to the fort in fortress mode for some reason.

Was he friendly? Because it would be fun as heck to just sort of add neutral or friendly legendary everything adventurer dwarves to your embark.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

contheman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2015, 07:14:30 pm »

Was he friendly? Because it would be fun as heck to just sort of add neutral or friendly legendary everything adventurer dwarves to your embark.
That's what I was aiming for, but I couldn't actually find him in fortress mode. So, I retired the fort again and went to killing the dwarves (this is the same character mentioned previously who went on hunger strike).
-A Fortress History-
Life in Canyonfuture

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2015, 02:23:35 am »

It does seem like, cheesy as it'd be, adventurers retired at forts should appear in fort mode.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

sirvente

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2015, 02:59:25 am »

I am absolutely moral in my gameplay. As long as you remember that as my characters are my avatar they transcend mortal moralities by being the living incarnation of the divine order of Armok.

razor871

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2015, 07:22:38 am »

I like playing a Lawful Evil warrior-king type. Mindless slaughtering of innocent civilians? No way! Killing off the old ruler and enslaving the populace under one's harsh regime is the way to go! :D Besides, if a combat-ready citizen behaves themselves enough, they get to go with me out to battle as troll fodder a humble squire! Hehehe...

"Oh no no no, I've been revealed! Urist McLancer, empty out the entire town of its populace..."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2015, 12:34:32 pm »

I'm playing a human outsider named Conan in an all-human world. We will see how this goes.

contheman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2015, 01:19:28 pm »

I once had a character named Hercules the Anus in 0.34. He wrestled a forest scorpion titan to death, but the bogeymen got him the following night.
-A Fortress History-
Life in Canyonfuture

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2015, 03:11:33 pm »

There should be a competition for bogeyman killers.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8