Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Are you moral?  (Read 18537 times)

grisha5

• Bay Watcher
  • [SACRIFICE_CAT:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: Are you moral?
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2015, 10:12:42 pm »

im  moral but sometimes hunt critters
kittunns yay ~WalterWhite from DashNet forums
i am a cat. with a laser gun to shoot cat killers

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2015, 04:44:25 am »

I don't think I'm moral, but there's a limit to my sociopathy.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2015, 05:36:01 pm »

If they don't want to be slaughtered, why are they made of food and treasure?

~Dunamisdeos, Vampire Adventurer
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2015, 08:17:40 pm »

If they don't want to be slaughtered, why are they made of food and treasure?

~Dunamisdeos, Vampire Adventurer

Sigging this.
Regards,
Dampe

Zombiecow99

• Bay Watcher
  • ENEMIES! We Need Enemies
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2015, 09:22:14 am »

Im usually moral unless im a necromancer or a giant custom creature i made

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2015, 06:23:50 am »

I've been much more heroic since I discovered how fun and rewarding rescuing kids can be. I've led towns to safety from armies, rescued a city from a surprise zombie invasion, don't think I've killed a kobold... ever? Some games I'll let people run, lately I've been making use of the newfound ability to toss folks around and doing the barehanded monk thing, catch incoming weapons, send the wielder skidding across the ground, let them run when they realize they're outmatched. If they keep pushing it enough I'll chuck them harder at something or just fling them out of my sight.

Was going around cleansing a world of beasties with my artifact spear and saving kids with my empty left hand and after something like 2 dragons, 2 rocs, 3 hydras, and a half dozen giants/ettins/cyclopes/yetis and such I finally tracked down a labyrinth and headed down inside. The guy wisely decided to bolt so I started trying to comfort him by telling him how safe I had made the world. He tells me I'm a dangerous animal and a legendary hero, but that won't make him forgive me?

I didn't want to do this, but I will show the world even a minotaur can be a good guy... clipped the horns, invoke bound him, rounded up some armor and a hammer for him and at the suggestion of the missus renamed him.

I, Lady Bright Throatstab the Tenderness of Attack and he, Lord Lovelyboots the Scalded Warrior will not rest until he is known as the most heroic minotaur of all time!

If reforming a minotaur I maimed slightly and bound to my service isn't moral, I don't know what is.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2015, 02:09:27 am »

Well, since every last one of my characters used Empathy as a dump stat, they're all sociopaths, but I don't really go for the seriously evil side of things. I basically go for chaotic neutral with the intended goal of efficiently killing as many of the things that go bump in the night as possible. Unless something kills one of my followers whose name I had bothered to remember, in which case I kill them slowly and violently, then butcher them and eat their hearts.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2015, 07:30:59 am »

Unless something kills one of my followers whose name I had bothered to remember, in which case I kill them slowly and violently, then butcher them and eat their hearts.

I actually do that as well if someone kills one of my buddies, minus the butchering-and-eating-hearts part, regardless of wheter my adventurer is on the good side of the morality scale (as good as you can be in adventure mode anyway).
To be fair, I recently find that playing an adventurer that's morally good is pretty satisfying, especially since saving kids seems to be the easiest way to get people to recognize you, whereas you may kill 15 dragons, 40 minotaurs, and a giant iguana with lidless eyes made out of puke, and yet people just say it's inevitable.
Of course, if I become a vampire I throw that out the window.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2015, 07:37:51 am »

Morals are a product of doctrine, and you can only speculate what kind of doctrines these cultures have from the gods they worship.

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2015, 10:55:55 am »

Morals are a product of doctrine, and you can only speculate what kind of doctrines these cultures have from the gods they worship.
I once found a civ that had a god of Justice, Loyalty, and Discipline. Along side that they also had gods of murder, torture, nightmares, and death. I am worried about them.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2015, 11:08:31 am »

I once found a civ that had a god of Justice, Loyalty, and Discipline. Along side that they also had gods of murder, torture, nightmares, and death. I am worried about them.

That's remarkably common IRL, actually.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2015, 11:14:14 am »

The god of torture was the one that had a temple though :P

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2015, 11:15:52 am »

Well yeah, which would you rather do behind closed doors? Justice or torture?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2015, 01:00:21 pm »

Well yeah, which would you rather do behind closed doors? Justice or torture?

What about being justified IN torture? Just ask gobbos.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2015, 10:20:02 pm »

It's certainly true that not a lot of real civilizations had many official temples to their more unpleasant gods, the Aztecs notwithstanding.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8