Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Are you moral?  (Read 18509 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: Are you moral?
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2014, 04:25:23 am »

I tend to play as flippant characters who decide wheter to act moral or not at a whim. If killing a lord\lady to take over a town seems like a fun thing to do, I'll do it; same for killing beasts and bandits plaguing a town.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2014, 09:44:28 am »

If you started in the town, is killing an entire hamlet of people with your bare hands and then bragging about it to "send a message" amoral?
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2014, 11:15:47 am »

only if they werent fighting back
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2014, 12:09:14 pm »

"Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money, they can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with; some men...just want to watch the world burn."

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2014, 12:51:36 pm »

If you started in the town, is killing an entire hamlet of people with your bare hands and then bragging about it to "send a message" amoral?

Ehhh, kind of? I mean, if they're fighting back its not entirely amoral, but you started the fight, so...

On the other hand, if your kills are awesome enough, though, then its no longer amoral.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2014, 02:09:54 pm »

I think you both mean immoral.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Urist McMontesOca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2014, 03:09:14 pm »

I respect most races: human, dwarves, elves... But when I go into dark fortresses I slaughter all the goblinkind until I'm legendary... So, I suppose I'm a racist bastard with double standards, which is one way or another immoral.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2014, 04:12:53 pm »

I respect most races: human, dwarves, elves... But when I go into dark fortresses I slaughter all the goblinkind until I'm legendary... So, I suppose I'm a racist bastard with double standards, which is one way or another immoral.
"I love all creatures, no matter what color their skin is! Except for those little green gobbo bastards..."
Regards,
Dampe

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2015, 10:14:20 pm »

Most of the time I play as an omnicidial beserker. all must die. c:
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

EuphoriaToRegret

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
    • My Newgrounds Art
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2015, 04:09:09 am »

I tend to flip-flop around with my heroes.

Normally, I try to go for the legendary hero instead of the infamous villian...

However, If I find a lot of quests to be too far away (or I end up killing most of the important monsters) I go and just slaughter town-after-town.

I had one character who killed a dragon, a roc, and quite other less-important things (minotaurs, night creatures, vampires,  necromancers, etc.) only for me to get bored and start removing all the groins of everyone I saw as some sort of trophy collection.

PABadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2015, 06:47:13 pm »

Yes, very. I have no problem killing Gobbos or wolves, but fighting Elves and Humans without a good reason? No, not so much.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2015, 07:46:05 pm »

I am a legendary goblin hero, friend of the few dorfs left in the world, slayer of dragons, hydras, rocs, giants, and billions of dingos... damnable dingos. I'll give a fellow goblin a chance to back down if they stupidly pick a fight with me, several chances even, but once I let the mace fly there isn't much hope they'll get to change their mind.

If there were elves I would be chucking them out of trees left and right, but happily they're extinct, I hear rumors of kobolds somewhere, I may see if I can take some of the little yellow fools  under my wing, though I'm disappointed I can't share my exploits with my green brothers from other fortresses, they won't stop screaming and running away from me.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2015, 08:03:32 pm »

Depends.
I have minimal qualms about killing random villagers. I usually only kill the ones with useful things, though.
Especially when I'm an outsider.
Sneak up behind one when they're alone, grab their throat, chokehold, strangle, strangle, loot.
However, once I've gotten their clothes and knife, I kill only evil.
No qualms about rampant theft, though.
My goal's usually stomping out "bigger" threats - night creatures and the like. I may hunt elves for sport if I run out of things to kill, though.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2015, 09:27:38 pm »

If things were working to some degree I would probably play a character that tries to do things, but unfortunately they don't and thus it's all more pointless than pointless.

oh_no

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2015, 09:56:51 pm »

Whoops, I accidentally turned a home invasion into a murder, forgot which dark fortress I started from, headed into the wrong one, terrified everyone despite telling everyone there was no need to fight, and being unarmed.

Then while trying to find my way back to the lady of the fortress... I kinda sorta accidentally murdered several goblins in the hallways/staircases while trying to get past them in the lag.

Turns out I wanted the southern fortress... if it matters I actually kinda felt bad about killing them, all the monsters I've been grinding through means I've got legendary fighter skill, so despite a relatively low striking skill it only takes a bit of a lag spike to punch the brains out of some poor goblin blacksmith....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8