Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: !!Feng Dwarfy!!  (Read 19777 times)

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
Re: !!Feng Dwarfy!!
« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2015, 09:52:36 am »

In general I'm a sucker for symmetry, like with this altar to Armok from Angelsmash:

But I love the forge floor from Skyscrapes the most:

It was hard for me to embrace such an asymmetric design, but I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.

For those who'd like to dig around for small touches, Skyscrapes has many POI's on DFMA.
At last, she is done.

mobucks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2015, 10:57:12 pm »

Man all this symmetry. Cool, great looking, but boring for me.

One of my last forts was choosing a few hematite veins, digging only those veins, using them as hallways, with 2x3 bedrooms coming off of them. 140 apartments in all, on one z. Some of the intersecting veins had the space between them to create dining rooms/kitchens/noble apartments. Wish i kept the save for a screen, but I delete a lot of DF folders from time to time.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 07, 2015, 04:41:46 pm »

Not really something compared to those submissions above, but here are my quarters. The lower-right part isn't finished yet, but it will have room to a hundred dwarves. I might have fucked up the geometry, but at least it's functional...

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2015, 04:32:40 am »

I always found engravings ugly when toggled to be shown, when not shown they are quite pointless as well. When working with minecarts I started to fill empty, unused space with ornamental minecart tracks, will this become a fashion? Dwarven big art?

locktwo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2015, 01:11:39 pm »

Nothing much but I love the seemingly endless rows of my "apartment complex area"

also a prime example of how much fps lag I have
>Likot Edtullimul cancels Combat: Getting married.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]