Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Attacks that cause Bleeding  (Read 674 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Attacks that cause Bleeding
« on: November 29, 2014, 11:14:36 pm »

I recall this happened a couple of times. Some dust attacks from FBs of HFS creatures can cause massive bleeding, without visible cuts/wounds.

The dorfs get  caught usually die quickly, even if the substances from the dust attack are washed away from their body.
Sometime they survive, but usually leave long blood trails behind them. I had some marksdwarves and dogs caught in a dust attack, they crawled all the way to the hospital, but not without painting all the corridors red.

Fire attacks sometimes have similar effect, but they will cause scars at least. A fire crab(or imp) even bled a falcon demon to death, who usually takes tons of arrows/bolts to kill.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Attacks that cause Bleeding
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 11:19:24 pm »

Fire causes bleeding through melting. Dust attacks cause it through syndromes.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 12:15:38 am »

I currently have a problem where random babies and animals are dieing and they all have one dwarf's blood on them, and that dwarf died to my first goblin ambush, long before any FBs came. And I can not wash it out, as my fort has not been built in such a way.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 04:12:57 am »

dfhack has a clean tool

what was the question in this thread by the way? a list of attacks that cause bleeding?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.