Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23

Author Topic: You are a "DiTS"! (AND SO WE RESUME)  (Read 16650 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a "DiTS"! (A different breed of god-game.)
« Reply #270 on: December 25, 2014, 01:13:35 am »

I would like to make a correction.
I used the term "eukaryote" incorrectly in the previous entry.
What I meant was "multicellular organism"; although all multicellular organisms are eukaryotes, not all eukaryotes are multicellular.
My apologies.

Also, you may want to start naming your things.

Code: [Select]

Distrest:
You force all existing organisms to cease life.

You redesign the floaters.
You give them the ability to form colonies with each other that work as air sacs that regulate their height as well as cycle air through themselves to propel themselves towards the sun.
They learn where to be so as not to be left behind and not to be fried up.

You redesign the predators.
This time, they form colonies that pile upwards.
The colonies resemble tiny vases that process the methane and plant-waste oxygen into CO2 and H2* and store it in the bottom part.
* This formula: CH4 + O2 -> CO2 + 2H2
When the prey comes close, they vent it out of the top to lure it closer.
The hydrogen gas mixes with the oxygen the floaters produce to introduce water back into the atmospheric system as vapor.
They then take the floaters that come too close, engulf them at the top, and process them into nutrients.
Colonies form more often where there are tiny cracks in the iron.
When the sun comes to fry them, the bottom-most ones stay alive and go into overdrive so they can be ready in time for the floaters to come.
They go dormant after the floaters pass.

You also tweak the aerial floater design.
They are now single-celled eukaryotes and no longer try to stay in the air, although they will take to the air if needed.

((The wording on the titanium tubes request confused me.
Are they inside the planet or outside?
Are the holes in the bottom on the sides of the bottom or...?))

You don't need to practice; your QUARKCRAFT and LEPTONCRAFT are already proficient.

Voaster:
The photosynthetic cell is not masculine and can not be referred to as a he.
It has no intelligence by which it can grasp the concept of gender, nor does it have the evolutionary progress to develop the sexual dimorphism to which humans associate gender.
You do make it more efficient, regardless.

You design a third cell with the goal of it being more efficient at devouring smaller cells than of eating the floating matter.

You then design a patch of cells with that act on a hivemind.
It is giving hell to the food chain with how much it eats to maintain itself.
It is over-powered.

Viridian:
You speed up the rate of reproduction of the plant cells before introducing a predator this time.

The five-or-so-celled predator reproduces slowly now.

Vellos:
You design a variety of cells before letting them all loose in a large, amoeba-filled crevice.
Vulex:
You form together a single, dull-quill-like plant that survives well enough on its own being partially submerged in the water.
It starts to duplicate once it reaches it's maximum height, forms seeds at the top, and lets them drop.

Vexor:
You chum the waters nicely.
Hvlophex:
You get the waters very chummed-up with starved cells.

When the cells start sustaining themselves, you introduce carnivores.

You're not quite sure yet how to get these cells to produce or even split the astresing yet, but you feel that the top-bottom spectrum would be involved.

Spoiler: Class (click to show/hide)
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 25, 2014, 01:33:16 am »

The tubes extend out of the planet, Like in this diagram.

With red being the Methane layer, and green being the oxygen layer. the holes in the bottom should only allow the methan in, While blocking off a latrge amount of light, and also directing it to the bottom layer of gas.

Speaking of which, add More Ozone until The Star no longer blisters the surface fauna.

Experiment with creating objects out of solid up/down quarks.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 01:35:50 am by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 25, 2014, 04:02:24 am »

Vulex
Double the size of the dome (and dirt) and take note of any weather effects if noticed.

Make the core bigger, titanium, and hollow (same density), and cram as much hydrogen as possible while decreasing the density of the titanium. Stop well before the integrity of the titanium would be compromised.

On the inside of the planet, create a 1 mile high layer of solid copper beneath the surface. Then create a fully symmetrical system of copper conduits leading from the core to the surface above.

Note the temperature change; if everything collapsed, and if everything in the glass dome boiled alive.

Also create a steel frame in the glass dome, with a "strip" of steel replacing the glass beginning at the bottom of one side of the dome, and going across the top of the dome and ending at the opposite side. Make two of these strips, and rotate the second one 90 degrees, so there are 4 symmetrical bars of steel replacing the glass where they are, going up to the top of the dome.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 09:59:15 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 25, 2014, 09:54:29 pm »

I am a GOD.  I can call it masculine if I damn well please

Voaster

Why is my proto-leaf eating other cells?  Slap them around until they cooperate and just "eat" sunlight... unless they do and are just consuming their other needs so much that they're overshadowing everything else.  Regardless, they need a predator.  Design an aggregate-cell organism that is free-floating, not unlike a very small and simple jellyfish.  It dines on the proto-leafs.  It should have a mechanism for digestion and distribution of nutrients.  Differentiate cells as needed.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 25, 2014, 10:10:03 pm »

Create several varieties of plant cells using chlorophyll in my tank, fill it with water and basic nutrients in large clumps, then put a purple+ultraviolet light on the top of the tank to act as a *sun*.
Crack-a-lack-a

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 26, 2014, 08:25:38 am »

Now that carnivores exist, try making some proper plant cells like algae, and coat the water's surface in them.
Since I don't know how to make the cells create Astresing, and I'm too lazy to try solving that right now, I'll do the next best thing.
Create large Astresing deposits in the soil and oceans. Make a cell that can absorb Astresing into its being and utilize it.
That should work for a little bit.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 26, 2014, 09:31:13 am »

continue training atomcraft.

I feel like the retarded god of the group. So slow, so far behind. Still enjoying it, and one day I'm going to go through the thread and make some notes.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 26, 2014, 09:34:01 am »

Vexor attempts to create cells!

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 26, 2014, 10:50:05 am »

Extract half of the neon from the gas giant and mix with double the neons amount in fluoride. Then compress the mixture untill an amount of neonbifluoride equal to the amount of neon extracted from the gas giant.finally diffuse the resulting compond  back Into the atmosphere of the gas giant

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a "DiTS"! (A shaky period of updates.)
« Reply #279 on: December 27, 2014, 01:59:33 am »

I hope you all have had a good Christmas; I've had a busy one.
Sincerest apologies, by the way, for the lack of updates for yesterday and today; again, a pretty busy time. I will update tomorrow.
From Sunday to Thursday, though, I'm going on a family trip and I'm not certain that I'll be able to update reliably update, although I shall try.
From then on, I'll be able to resume the daily update schedule.

Enjoy your Decembertime-festvities in the meantime.
My tumblr.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 27, 2014, 01:58:20 pm »

you too! enjoy your family trip! See you next year (or, if you prefer, later this Chinese year).

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 27, 2014, 07:09:05 pm »

Now then, time for the final confirmed update before January arrives.

Distrest:
You erect thousands of high, hollow, roofless towers on the planet and pull the CO2 out of them.
You carve accessways into the bases for the methane to pass through.

You add an ozone layer above the CO2.

Vulex:
You increase the size of your dome and the area covered by the dirt but see no strong change in the weather patterns.
All that happens is the air inside moves to fill in the vacuum right before you start bolstering the air supply and creates a temporary bit of air current.

You replace the hyperdense steel core with a larger hypersparse titanium capsule containing hydrogen so densely packed that the capsule is very near bursting.
The gravity on the planet decreases slightly.

You pack a layer of copper and wire underneath the surface of the planet but it seems to be doing nothing.

You then divide the dome into quarters and slip steel bracing in before much air can escape.

Voaster:
((I use darkling so reading darker colors is harder for me. I did not see the photo- in the leaf thing.))
Don't sass the multiverse.
Godliness really doesn't mean shit.

You observe that the proto-leaves are supplementing a nutrient supply due to an inefficiency of collection, which you promptly correct.

You also design a jellyfish-esque creature that consumes the leaves and excretes that which it has no need or storage room for.
Its excrement is what brings the other cells back from the edge of leaf-induced extinction.

Vergu:
You create an observation aquarium for aquatic plants and design several single-celled photosynthetic organisms.
You build a violet light on top and the cells thrive because of the color of the light.

Hvlophex:
You Create clumps of algae-like plants and nutrients and spread them all about the oceans.

Due to the mass of charm and strange quarks in comparison to up and down (bigger; charm quarks are the size of a proton), most of the conduit astresing sinks to the bottom of the ocean.
It meets with the soil deposits.
Some of it gets caught by dissolved minerals and bits of floating organic matter.
As a result, the astresing-harnessing cells stick to the bottom of the ocean.

Voz Varcanus:
You continue to observe, and due to the time "spent observing"...
+8 +16 +32 ATOMCRAFT

You are now proficient in ATOMCRAFT.

Vexor:
You create cells!
They don't really do anything besides eat the nutrients for energy and maintenance.

Visugee:
There is no gas giant.
You were unable to make one.

Spoiler: Class (click to show/hide)
My tumblr.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 27, 2014, 08:17:47 pm »

Voaster:
((I use darkling so reading darker colors is harder for me. I did not see the photo- in the leaf thing.))
Its excrement is what brings the other cells back from the edge of leaf-induced extinction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zLx_JtcQVI

((No problem))

Voaster

Now that we've established equilibrium, let's break it.  Advance the chain another step, and let's create a (extremely proto) "fish" creature that predates on the most recent entry.  This should have another mouth as well as grasping protuberances that can grab hold of the creature and eat it.  Allow it to grow larger.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 27, 2014, 08:45:01 pm »

Create a slow breeding carnivorous cell to encourage adaption of the plant cells, also add some more nutrient clumps.
Crack-a-lack-a

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 28, 2014, 08:37:21 am »

Note to self: Astresing sinks. Good to know.
Well, algae on the surface, astgae in the depths. I can work with this.
Ok, create something multicellular now. Let's start with a plant. Create a plant that forms into vines that crawl over and latch onto things. Right now there isn't anything to latch on to but the graphite everywhere, but it should be cool later on. Make it capable of surviving in water, and make sure the damn thing floats. Hopefully this results in hunks of vines that drift the oceans.
Next, try to make some tiny fish-thing that lives in the ocean depths and eats astgae. Make it so they swim from the depths up to almost the surface. Let's say they need sunlight, or something.
Then make a larger fish that eats the first, and lives closer to the surface.
Hopefully all these will result in some astresing being brought up from the depths via fish. They'll probably have some organ designed to store it since-

Right, you can't go straight from cells to organisms. Scratch that, but save the idea for later.
Try combining cells into tissues, first.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23