Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23

Author Topic: You are a "DiTS"! (AND SO WE RESUME)  (Read 16648 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a "DiTS"! (A different breed of god-game.)
« Reply #255 on: December 22, 2014, 10:53:03 pm »

Vulex
Modify the current cell colony to:
Produce oxygen as waste, and
Reproduce a bit faster.

Then make a plant cell, slightly bigger than the first one, that reproduces slowly, and eats the first plant cells.

Finally make a 2 micrometer cell that devours both cells, reproduces extremely slowly, and expels most of the materials from devoured cells. No material in particular, though.
Then after a bit, observe what the recycler cell produces most.

Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 22, 2014, 11:53:40 pm »

Give the fliers a system for adjusting their own weight, apply a Layer of Methane gas near the surface, and make the cells try to get lighter by absorbing gasses when they detect the methane, and release gasses when they detect a lack of water and nutrients.

Give the carnivorous cells a dormant state for when there is little food.

Create an alternate species of Aerial Cells that require less light than their bretheren, and cover the planet in these.

Make the Carnivorous cells exchange methane for oxygen, which when released trick the aerial cells into going near the surface

Ask the atomsmith for help reguarding my magical side project. and give him the exact specifications for the ether particles.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 11:58:09 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 23, 2014, 05:36:32 am »

Ok then create a planet out of  640 trillion xenon and 320 radon adoms  at -247.5 degrees Fahrenheit then  create a  atmosphere for the planet from a exact mixture of 160 hydrogen adoms , 640 trillion neon adoms , 320 trillion argon adoms , also create pools of liquid krypton over the surface of the planet the total ammount of liquid krypton shall equal 480 trillion adoms
Also if place small deposits(50-100Thousand adoms per deposit) of material from this list on the planet

The li

Selenium
Antimony
Polonium
Astatine
Boron
Gold
Copper
Tin

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 23, 2014, 08:52:31 am »

((I actually copied all the notes you made, and have them stored on my iPod to mull over))

About time! Now that I have part of a cell, work on ways to hold said cells together, and attempt to create a simple one that just sits there without spotaneously exploding.
Then create an organelle that utilizes sunlight for energy.
Then...
Create a cell that hold Ast+1, and collects energy from that. (Which would require me to make a phasial form of Astresing that doesn't explode on contact with the organelle, so attempt to create a form of that somehow.)
Then create more Venusing and combine a ton of it together by adding more muons, then try splitting them apart.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 23, 2014, 10:59:46 am »

Now that it's actually possible for them to survive, create more plant cells!
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 23, 2014, 06:17:27 pm »

continue training atomcraft. Continue slamming atoms together. Do this throughout my assimilated being

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 23, 2014, 06:21:39 pm »

Ok, after pouring over all my information on the strange-charm spectrum, I've decided to write "The Theory of Magick".
The reasons for such are as follows.
1) To reorganize the data in a more methodical manner that easier for me (and others) to comprehend.
2) To remind myself of theories on magic I need to test.
3) Because I think it's fun.

Note that I'm still trying to figure all this stuff out, so it's very incomplete/unverified. Updates as I go along.
If my theories are correct, however, then I've figured out how to create a Warp plane from Warhammer 40K, as well as take the first step toward energy-based life forms. (Specifically anti-phasiels.)

When I'm done with it, I'll post it for everyone to see.
The Derail Thread

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 23, 2014, 09:37:13 pm »

Varan:
((I seem to have neglected your skill levels when it comes to rolls. I do apologize, and as my apology this inconvenience, I shall bump up your skill levels to catch you up with the rest of the class.))
Code: [Select]
It's not impossible to make a hydrogen atom.
Deuterium is hydrogen with a neutron.
Normal hydrogen has no neutron.

You create a deuterium atom and then strip it of its electron, creating a negatively charged deuterium atom.

Voaster:
You flood a section of the water with organic parts.

You create a photosynthetic cell, although it is not as efficient as you would like.

You also attempt to recreate the first cell and make it more energy-efficient.
This time, it does not die, although it seems more intent on eating the nutrients in the water than the photosynthetic cell colony.

Vulex:
Your cells now produce oxygen as waste and reproduce faster.

To keep this population in check, you create a new variety of cell based on the smaller cells.
It runs inefficiently enough to supplement its diet with smaller cells and reproduces slowly enough that the smaller cells can recover from the larger's consumption.

You then add a tertiary cell that devours the other two varieties.
As it expels most of the other cells' matter, it does not gain much from eating and dies off.
It expelled primarily CO2.
The remains of these larger cells are quickly eaten by the second-largest cells and they experience an insignificant population boom.

Distrest:
You give your torus-planet an atmospheric layer of methane that sinks below the water vapor and carbon dioxide layer

You would need to make the photosynthetic cells into eukaryotes in order to give them that mechanism, which you certainly could try for.
At that point, they would follow the sun of their own primal volition rather than because of gravitational acceleration.

You design a second photosynthetic cell which stores energy from the daily passing of the sun and maintains a density slightly lower than that of the methane layer.

You redesign the inner-ring cells to go dormant during the night.
A new problem comes up with them- the day is exceptionally hot and the night is exceptionally cold.
They fry up when the sun comes, and since the orbiting cells follow behind the sun so as not to be fried, the orbiters experience a period of vague population stability.

You also catch two major problems before they start being an issue.
If there were more oxygen molecules present, the methane layer would ignite with the passing of the sun.
Good thing that iteration of the carnivore fried up before it could ignite the atmosphere.
The other, related to this, is that the photosynthetic cells produce oxygen as waste and that should probably be recycled before it becomes and issue.

Now, you pose your question to the Atomsmith.
This is a private conversation.
Oh, another student wishes to learn about manipulating quark-matter spectrums.
Well, you may wish to collaborate with Hvlophex on this, as he came to me asking about ethereal particles too.
You, however, came to me with a specific mechanical system, and I shall do my best to help you.

The Atomsmith goes over the mechanics of charm-strange matter to the same level he gave to Hvlophex.Now, your desired particles would not exist as singular particles, as far as I am aware.
You would incorporate matter from all three spectrums- the third being the top-bottom spectrum, which dictates unnatural sentience, as is the best I can describe it.

You would contain it with a macro-molecule-sized, hollow ball of up-down matter, such as iron, or carbon, or what-have-you.
For the polar sides, you would need two masses of an ambivalent- both of the same material- and you would make one slightly spectral and one slightly conduit.
They would be held in place by the material of the ball, like a cage.

The easiest solution to natural attraction would lie in how you make it sentient.
I feel guilty about jumping so ahead in the lesson, so I hesitate to divulge the full process.
Simply put, you would create a soul out of top-bottom matter and give it drive-facets made out of further top-bottom matter.
These drive-facets would dictate its desires and it would fulfill them.
You would also run a network of top-bottom matter around the inside of the ball to chain it to the ball and allow it to control it.

It would be able to work with a given drive to connect itself to other etherparticles in the manner you supplied.
I could project a diagram into your conscience if it is needed.

Hvlophex:
You craft a stable photosynthetic cell that is able to successfully reproduce when given the proper nutrients.
However, these waters are rather pure, and so it dies.

You misrecall the notes given. It is only the phasial and antiphasial atoms that explode (or implode) when they collide.
An ambivalent conduit would not explode on collision because it collides with everything.
Astresing, and any other element with a venusitron-extertron ratio of n:n is strictly an ambivalent.
Phasial, again, only means that it phases through its aligned up-down matter.
The list of materials that don't explode on collision is thus, according to the Atomsmith:
- any plastic material (plastic phasial, plastic antiphasial, plastic ambivalent)
- any ambivalent material (conduit ambivalent, plastic ambivalent, spectral ambivalent)

And so you create a small lump of C+1 Ast, which looks like red, slightly-glowing teflon.
And then you make a cell that harnesses the pure energy derived from C+1 Ast via a unique organelle that envelops the clump of material and absorbs its energy.
This cell eats the materials of the dead cell and ceases to grow, but it does not die.
It splits and goes dormant, although the secondary cell dies because of its lack of any astresing.
This cell is immortal and it repeats the cycle.

You collide a bunch of venusing together and get charlosing (Chr, VenExt ratio 2:0).
Some leftover venusing comes together passively and forms Ven2 (ratio 2{1:0}).
Muons do not play any part in the formation of molecules, it appears.
You end up only making P+1 Chr when you apply muons.

Visugee:
Dude I really can't understand you when you use that many numbers and that little punctuation.
Viridian:
You first create a basic photosynthetic cell and give it time to duplicate.
Fortunately, the sediments are rich with nutrients and the colony survives.

You introduce a predatory cell and it goes to work eating and reproducing.
You may need to slow the rate at which the predators reproduce.

Voz Varcanus: ((you posted while i was writing this i thought i was done))
You keep studying and colliding matter.
If you keep a constant state of observation up, you will learn in larger increments with every turn.
+ 4 ATOMCRAFT (6/20)

Alright, class, time to start workinging with eukaryotes, tissues, and organs!
The instructor specifies the ways one can modify DNA to produce tissues and organs, leaving it up to you to figure out how to apply it.

Spoiler: Class (click to show/hide)

I look forward to correcting your theories.
Myself, I'm arranging the table of elements.
It has 483 elements, no more, no less.

Also, I wonder how that one guy who corrected everything I did would react to all of this.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 23, 2014, 09:59:17 pm »

Ahh, I have this one, flood the atmosphere with ozone and carbon dioxide, Scrap the current life forms, and Make from scratch:

Plants similar to the first ones, Eukaryotes, which form spherical colonies, and regulate their actions using a web of nerves on the inside surface of the Balloon shaped colonies.

And Carnivorous ones that exchange oxygen, methane, and carbon dioxide, for the same purpose as before, (Attracting the balloon shaped ones to the surface) Along with this, They should grow upwards with structures to further attempt to trap the balloon pods.

Create Normal photosynthetic bacteria as well, whch will be scattered over the planet.

Create tubes of Titanium at certain parts of the planet, with holes at the bottom, This way, there will be spots that have nothing but the methane floor, and a hearty supply of light, which are reflected due to the polished surface into the lower areas of the planet.

Off to the side, Practice creating Charm quarks, strange quarks, and muons, Make sure all of this is Very far away from one another.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 23, 2014, 10:02:29 pm »

Voaster

Progress!

Screw it, that one can be a scavenger.  Make the photo-cell a bit more efficient (expand his chlorophyll-type organelles) and see if that helps.  Make a third cell type that can sense the plant-type cell and favors it.

Separately, let's try to make a whole connected "tissue" sample of the photo-cells.  Have them work together as a single unit.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 23, 2014, 10:15:17 pm »

Well, isn't this lovely!
Let's see... modify the plant cells so as to be more efficient, and to reproduce faster.
Then, create a small, multicellular organism that feeds on the assorted other cells.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 23, 2014, 10:48:26 pm »

create more of the amoeba, then create other, multicellular organisms to feed on them.   Also create a wider variety of single-celled organisms.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 23, 2014, 11:36:49 pm »

Vulex
Create a microscopic tube organ out of dead photosynthetic plant cells, and surround it with a thick layer of living photosynthetic plant cells.
Divide the tube into two compartments.
The tube will reach max (after growing) about 4 inches off the ground, and extends an additional 4 inches off the ground. The underground portion will branch out and absorb water, which will enter the tube's first compartment and somehow get to the upper cells via science, because that's apparently how a xylem works.
The excess glucose produced by the photosynthetic cells enters the second compartment, which is distributed throughout the plant.

When the plant finishes growing, a group of about ten seeds is created in the top of the plant, which are released when completed.

Note all the problems and preferably a vague way to fix it, and also note what it would take to start a proper weather process inside the dome.

Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 23, 2014, 11:59:25 pm »

Vexor adds the nutrients.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 24, 2014, 01:21:24 pm »

Oh, sweet, that makes things a lot easier.

Also, according to my theory, "Ether" wouldn't actually be a particle, it'd be a molecule, because it needs an alignment of both conduits and spectres.
But anyway.

De-purify the water by creating tons of plants cells and watching them die.
Then create cells that feed off of those.
Then try to see if there's a way that an organic can produce Astering.

I'll try something a bit more complicated later, need to think things out.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23