Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23

Author Topic: You are a "DiTS"! (AND SO WE RESUME)  (Read 16652 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a "DiTS"! (A different breed of god-game.)
« Reply #240 on: December 21, 2014, 07:54:06 pm »

Vulex:
Code: [Select]
You finally catch p to the rest of the class by creating a single, samll chromosome.
You get better at reading and manipulating DNA.

Now, if steel falls under your definition of complex, then how did you even make that DNA strand?
As a rule of thumb, that which is inorganic, like alloys and rocks and such, is simple enough for anyone who knows how to make an atom efficiently.
And so you make a hollow, Earth-sized steel sphere, with supports for stability.

And as to the gravity question, although significantly more difficult, you can artificially undensify things as well, but some circumstances forbid it and would require a different solution.

Vergu:
You improve the design of your computer and build a reactor & turbine setup.
You connect your lab to the powerplant via transformers.

Hvlophex:
You quickly find that chromosomes aren't the only components of a cell.

You start working with the charm and strange quarks and the muon leptons.
You observe that without any interference, the particles rapidly degrade into up and down quarks and electrons, respectively.
When you do interfere by crafting the two varieties of composite-fermion, they do not decay.

You now have two charm-strange atoms, incidentally.
A venusing -1 atom from the solitary venusitron and a extersing -1 atom from the single extertron.

Such a fascinating field to work with.
You wonder if the others would be interested in this knowledge, don't you?
Distrest was the first to attempt it, after all, as unsuccessful as they were.

Distrest:
You assemble a few chromosomes, learning more and more about reading and manipulating DNA as you go.
You're able to vary the features of the chromosomes, but unable to really understand how the variety affects what each dictates.

Voaster:
You do your best, but you'd need ambient resources for the theoretical cell to grow using.
Even then, you don't know how well the chromosome would work.
The cell might die before completion or just not form.

Visugee:
Trivial.
Vellos:
You now understand the process by which DNA works and replicates better by making a few more chromosomes.
Now that you seem competent with DNA, I'd like to see you try your hand at a functioning cell.
Ms. Ossofic explains the process of working the designs for various vital organelles into DNA.
You could make a basic plant cell, animal cell, a cell that falls under neither...

Spoiler: Class (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 09:42:16 pm by Slayerhero90 »
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 21, 2014, 08:08:41 pm »

Voaster

Let's keep it simple first: a cell that can function on its own, like an amoeba.  Code up the DNA for it and verify it.  Don't worry about fancy functions yet.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 21, 2014, 08:21:25 pm »

Catch up with cell research, sequencing the DNA & such. Begin logging my experiences as a god thus far from the start of class on the computer.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 09:44:22 pm by HissinhWalnuts »
Crack-a-lack-a

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 21, 2014, 09:01:16 pm »

Make Cells that are light enough to Be dragged around my torus planet by the gravity from it's orbiting body. They will be photosynthetic, and reproduce asexually.  Once those are complete, Create Cells that are far too heavy to be moved by the star, and lastly, Spray Watery Mist and carbon dioxide all over the planet to kickstart the process, and dump the heavy cells near the center of the torus. these heavy cells should try and eat the Floating ones as they pass through the narrow bottleneck that is the torus's center.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 21, 2014, 09:05:44 pm »

attempt to create a self-sufficient cell.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 21, 2014, 09:17:31 pm »

Vulex
Make a superdense core in the middle of the metal sphere to create gravity like earth, then:

Create a glass dome on top of the metal planet roughly five miles high and 40x40 miles in width and length. and fill the bottom with about fifty meters of dirt. Fill it about 50% CO2, 20% Nitrogen and 30% O2.

In the center, create a lake roughly with a max depth of about one hundred meters ("bend" the metal below to allow this) with the bottom composed of sand.

Create a basic cell surviving on CO2 and sunlight in the lake. Have it be about one micrometer big, slow, but reproduces asexually relatively quickly.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 21, 2014, 10:38:21 pm »

Hm, this is quite a nice bit of new knowledge.
I may as well try with both...
First, make a basic plant cell; survives off of sunlight and CO2, all that jazz.
Then an animal cell.

And I don't really have a sun in here... I'll rectify that and make one.
If there's still time, make a third planet that's a giant mess of clockwork.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 21, 2014, 11:00:28 pm »

Create 320 trillion argon 160 trillion nitrogen 640 trillion xenon 640 trillion krypton form a body for me comprised of 160 trillion adoms of liquid krypton then if time allows form a planet from all my  neon and argon make the temperature of the planet  stay at a constant level of -247.5 degrees Fahrenheit.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 22, 2014, 09:31:19 am »

Ok, attempt to form some cellular organelles, since I'm rather far behind on the organic lessons. Weave cellular membranes, all the things that cells need. Nothing particularly plant nor animal. Stay really damn simple.

Back to magic.
Fashion myself some more venusing and extersing, and try combining them together.
Attempt to create some Conduits, specifically, and some Spectres to balance it out.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 22, 2014, 09:38:48 am »

Vexor attempts to assemble everything and create a basic prokaryotic cell.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 22, 2014, 06:13:15 pm »

((could you clarify my "somewhat large bangs"? (I'll leave the haircut jokes for later) did I make stars which exploded? Do I have nuclear fusion now?))

Attempt fusion. Attempt chemistry (make O2, H2, H2O).

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 22, 2014, 06:32:29 pm »

Simply combine proton and neutron this time.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 22, 2014, 10:36:51 pm »

Voaster:
Certain that the planet you have made is sufficient in regards to climate and nutrients, you slap together a few chromosomes and start up a little amoeba in your ocean.
It starts the process of cellular reproduction before dying off prematurely of starvation.
You take note of what you shall have to modify- either the environment is insufficient, or the cell has flaws in its coding, and you can adjust both just in case.

Vergu:
You record your progress since classes have started in a text file on your console.

You piece together a chromosome and begin to understand how to read the DNA.
Ms. Ossific's lesson is beginning to make sense now.

Distrest:
You have plans for an ecosystem.

You lay out the nutrients first- no need for the cells to die before they can eat.
Then, you start the photosynthetic cells up.
While they do survive to reproduce, you can't find a good balance with their weight and that of the orbiting sun.
They either bounce too high and starve in midair or stay too low and be left behind.
You could keep trying, or you could find an alternate solution.

The carnivorous cells would need to be fed way more often than the orbit of the sun would give them.

Every problem has a solution, though, when you're a god.

Vellos:
Your planet, rich with nutrients from assorted chemical experiments, is a perfect location to try to make a cell.
You start up a functioning amoeba.
It doesn't do much besides slowly split.

Vulex:
You give your planet a stronger gravity at its center.

You then put up a glass dome over the north pole, fill it with dirt, a lake, and an atmosphere, and start up cellular life in it.
It's not reproducing as fat as you'd like.

Viridian:
You make a basic plant cell in the ocean of your planet.
It dies shortly of a lack of sunlight.

The animal cell you make dies of a lack of food.

You form a simple dull red sun in an are that would pull both existing planets into orbit in its Goldilocks zone.

You start playing with the complexities of clockwork and find that although if you knew what you were doing, it'd go fast, but you need to give the specifics of your plans for the clockwork planet.

Visugee:
oh various gods so many numbers

You make the gases.
You then modify the natural temperature and pressure of your immediate environment to give yourself a form of liquid krypton.

You encounter an issue.
At that temperature and amount of pressure, argon and neon are gases and without a solid core can not form a gas giant.

Hvlophex:
((Please bear with me, as this magic mechanic is something I literally entirely came up with while working on your turn. I may, by virtue of being one of the teachers or the multiverse, contradict myself, often in the same entry. I may retcon something shortly after sharing it. Trust me, when I started typing this shit, I had to get out a notebook and start taking notes on my own lecture. Thank you for your time and patience.))
You build a variety of organelles, such as mitochondria, TTTHHHHHEEEE PPPPPOOOOOOOWWWWWEEEERRRRHHHHOOOOOUUUUSSSSSEEEE OOOOFFF TTHHHHEEE CCCCCEEEEELLLLLLLLLL.
By doing so, you get more familiar with what designs are more efficient and how to configure DNA to work those designs into existence.

A note- any atom where there is at least one of one composite-fermion and and none of the other is considered a pure atom.
You make a few more atoms of plastic-1 Venusing (P-1 Ven) and plastic-1 Extersing (P-1 Ext).
To experiment, you collide one of each together and get an atom of spectral-1 Astresing (S-2 Ast).
It starts sucking a minimal amount of energy out of existence.

You seem not to be able to make any C+1 Ast from nothing, so you duplicate the process of making S-1 Ast, but this time, you shunt muons into it before they have a chance to degrade.
You get C+1 Ast this way.
It starts to counteract its spectral equivalent, although there is a slight reduction in the energy of the universe.

You seem also incapable of creating any impure phasials or antiphasials, but you lack the time to further explore this.

You take these notes:
Venusing and Extersing can only exist in P-1 and P+1 forms- no spectres or conduits.
Ven + Ext -> Ast
A pure phasial combined with its equivalent pure antiphasial is the only way to produce an ambivalent.
Perhaps splitting an ambivalent in different ways can create different impure phasials and antiphasials.
Astresing can exist in S-1, P=, & C+1 forms.

Vexor:
While you successfully create a basic prokaryote, it dies because pure water lacks all the necessary nutrients.
Voz Varcanus:
Basically, the big bang, but not as big and also many.

Working with the natural resources, you study their chemistry and begin to train ATOMCRAFT (+2, 2/20)

You also work on slamming atoms together.
It works.

Varan:
t just won't work.
You could try making a deuterium atom and then severing the electron, though.

Spoiler: Class (click to show/hide)
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 22, 2014, 10:44:10 pm »

Eh, sure, worth a shot. Make a deuterium atom, and then remove the electron.

So making hydrogen is impossible?
Interesting.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 22, 2014, 10:49:18 pm »

Voaster

We have proof that the concept is sound, which is all I asked.  I believe it to be primarily environment, though surely the first cell is insufficiently efficient.  Let us focus on the first then later touch on the second.

Seed the local area with the same bits that created the cell; bits of proteins and other components.  Make a nice little cloud.

Create a second type of cell that can get its energy from light.  This kind will not require many outside nutrients, and can self-subsist; this will be food for the first cell.  This plus the seed matter should be enough.  If there is time, tweak the first cell to use less energy.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23