Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23

Author Topic: You are a "DiTS"! (AND SO WE RESUME)  (Read 16654 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: You are a "DiTS"! (A different breed of god-game.)
« Reply #225 on: December 19, 2014, 04:45:02 pm »

"Not Yet, We need more experience making DNA before we do something complex like that."

Try for more complex arrangements of DNA, and streamlining their creation somewhat.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 19, 2014, 04:55:07 pm »

Apply required lights to the computer, expanding its view.
Crack-a-lack-a

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 19, 2014, 05:58:33 pm »

Ah, sure. Let's multitask!
Ask the AtomSmith how to get Ether particles working.
Then try weaving some of the DNA chomosome things into something recognizable.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 19, 2014, 06:04:59 pm »

I'll try to make a chromosome, I guess. Failing that, simply more DNA.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 19, 2014, 06:30:26 pm »

Vulex
Try to make as much DNA as possible with the new molecules then, uh, try in vain to make a gravity manipulation effect that doesn't require my constant attention.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 19, 2014, 07:17:09 pm »

Attempt to create helium untill turn ends

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 20, 2014, 06:28:46 pm »

((yay! I'm still included as part of the class!))

"boy, have  I a lot of catching up to do. Oh well, lucky me, time is relative. Ahahahahahahahaahah! (note to self: invent Einstein)."

condense some particles into rotating clumps, which in turn are rotating around each other, a.k.a. stellar masses and galaxies and the like. Have gravity smash some together tight enough to cause nuclear fusion. Eventually, have some of these fusion generators explode, spewing out masses of higher level atoms. Repeat as necessary to achieve success, and to have all the elements necessary to tinker with.

Once that works, create / gather enough carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, phosphorus, nitrogen, and other requisite elements (ask the instructor for instruction here.) for life into one large sphere, orbiting one of the tamer fusion generators. In fact, make similar lumps around, like, ALL the stars. Go Big or Go Void, I always say. Except when I'm working very small.

Finally, begin work on molecules. Make a simple hydrogen molecule: H2. Then water: H2O. Then play about with carbon: graphite, polymers, diamond, etc. then glucose (ask the instructor for the formula), then the other requisite molecules.

((repeat these until successful, unless there is some flaw preventing success.))
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 06:31:08 pm by Ozarck »

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 21, 2014, 02:02:01 am »

Voaster:
Code: [Select]
You assemble a chromosome that may as well mean nothing, but it's practice.
By this, you now understand how to read (and by proxy, determine) what DNA affects better.

You also string a few proteins together.

Varan:
[18/20] You get a deuterium atom. +6 ATOMCRAFT (6/20)
Vellos:
You form a single cromosome before running out of the majority of your time.
You understand how to read DNA a bit more now.

You, with remaining time, cut crevices into your planet and fill them with water.

Distrest:
You question your abilities too much.
The multiverse doesn't lie.

Regardless, you create more strands of DNA.
You still can gleam no understanding of how to read it.
You can make it ever-so-slightly faster, though.
All in all, though, it was a waste of time.

Vergu:
The strategy of simply making the console take up more space, as temporarily convenient as it is, will be, in the long term, nonviable.
Hvlophex:
You pose your question.
This conversation is private; nobody can eavesdrop.
I apologize, but I am uncertain of what you are asking.
Do you inquire as to how to create the second spectrum of quark-matter?
That is the only thing I have ever heard referred to as ethereal or as magic.

I was scheduled to speak to all of you about quark-matter spectrums at a later date, but since you seem ahead of your class, I can explain it to you now as you work.
It would be worth listening to.

You assemble a chromosome in the middle of the conversation and understand how to read and control DNA better.Quark-matter spectrums are complex things.
They most often serve as a means to distinguish between that which a deity has made and that which has occurred naturally.
Everything you have learned up to this point is, of course, something that happens with or without a god's help-
there are many godless universes where life has sprung up in its own forms; gods can merely accelerate the process.

You have been working with the first spectrum of quark-matter: the up-down spectrum.
It has its own unique states of matter and elements- solids, liquids, gases, and so on, as well as the entire table of elements that you are familiar with.

The charm-strange spectrum is the one that I believe you were asking about.
The reason that it is not naturally-occurring is that it takes a great deal of focused energy to combine the particles before they decay into up-down spectrum components.
The creation and combination of composite-fermions is roughly equivalent to up-down, but beyond that, it differs massively.
Its atoms are composed of venusitrons (two charms and a strange), extertrons (two strange and a charm), and muons.

A difference here is that while an up-down atom requires a proton, with neutrons being optional, a charm-strange atom needs, at the bare minimum, a single venusitron or a extertron.
This is where things become complicated.

Whereas temperature determines the state of matter something takes in up-down, the atomic structure determines the state of matter something in the charm-strange spectrum takes.
There are phasials of the following, antiphasials of the following, and ambivalents of the following: conduits, plastics, and spectres, which each can take a form similar to the primary three up-down matter states.

Phasials, made by an atom having more venusitrons than extertrons, are materials that can phase through up-down elements which the particular material is aligned with.
Antiphasials, with more extertrons than venusitrons, do the exact opposite: they pass through everything except for that which they are aligned with.
Ambivalents, made by equal amounts of both, phase through neither and simply collide with up-down matter.

Conduits, made from an atom having more muons than the composite fermion there is the most of, defy the conservation of mass and energy rule, in that they produce energy from nothingness.
Spectres, made from an amount of muons fewer than that of the composite-fermion there is the least of, do the opposite, in that they eliminate energy from their nearby location.
Plastics, made by the number of muons being equal to or between the number of both composite fermions, do nothing concerning energy.

An atom can not have more muons attached to it than it can be without.
For examble, an astresing (solid ambivalent of one venusitron & one extertron) atom can only exist in the -1 spectre form, the 0 plastic form, and the +1 conduit form.
There can be no +2 conduit form.
As such, astresing makes for poor spectres and poor conduits.
Venusing, extersing, and any other material with a lack of one or the other composite-fermion can only be a plastic.

Another trait is that when a phasial or antiphasial conduit or spectre strikes any material that it may not phase through, it turns into a number of electrons.
The number roughly follows this equation: (64*10^16) * mass * charge * [meters/second]velocity^2
An "energy" blast of conduit venusing, supposedly propelled by a denizen given the capability of harnessing this spectrum, would manifest as a very faintly-glowing red globule of matter.
It would disintegrate on collision with any hydrogen, oxygen, or carbon atom.
The result would be like a ball of fire, light, or energy, depending on circumstances, smaller collisions sparking miniature explosions as it flies through the air.
Shockwaves of displaced molecules would push anything nearby where the glob flies away from its flightpath.
The final colision would be violent and fiery, dependent on how far and hard it flew and how big it was.

Charm-strange molecules are relatively simple, as they form a lot like up-down molecules.
The cumulative charge of each atom in the molecule determines the total charge of the atom.
The same goes for phasial/antiphasial status.
Thus, the molecule of spectral duvosing (a gaseous antiphasial of 1:2 V-E ratio) and conduit emmasing (a gaseous phasial of 2:1 V-E ratio) is an ambivalent plastic.

The top-bottom quark-spectrum, I shall share when you so wish to learn about it.

Viridian:
Coolio, you get a chromosome and more familiarity with how to read DNA.
Vulex:
You get a small strand of DNA done.

You can hyperdensify material to make something that doesn't require constant attention.

Visugee:
[18/20] You finally become proficient in atomcraft and make as much helium as you desire. +6 ATOMCRAFT (20/20)
Voz Varcana:
You only get so far as having several somewhat-large bangs create particles.

You will have to post again or you will not be counted as still playing.
The multiverse is forgetful.

Spoiler: Class (click to show/hide)

((I made so much shit up today.))
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 21, 2014, 02:15:00 am »

Vulex
Attempt making chromosomes (make more DNA if needed)

Spoiler: Note to self (click to show/hide)

For the gravity thing, I meant to figure out how to do something like make a sun have no gravity. Oh well.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 02:17:12 am by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 21, 2014, 05:12:30 am »

Create several circuit boards to hold "screens" of info, then make the required logic to be able to switch between them, then make the circuit design modular so I can keep adding screens of data. Then, try to make the fusion generator again, using a graphene shell lined with heat conducting rods, which lead to a tank of H20. The conduction rods heat the water, and it goes into a turbine, then eventually cools and falls back down. Add batteries to the generator, then hook it up through transformers to step down the electricity to any devices on my silicon orb.
Crack-a-lack-a

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 21, 2014, 08:38:45 am »

Holy Hell!
Ok, with the biomatter. Try taking these chromosomes and DNA strings and see if I can code them into something living. A single cell organism.
Then attempt to create a strange and a charm. Try making more of them.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 21, 2014, 09:16:44 am »

"Very Well then, I appreciate the Vote of confidence."

Begin assembling Chromosomes. Go for quality over quantity.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 21, 2014, 11:24:08 am »

Voaster

Hm.  Let's make some simple chromosomes that would define a membrane, with a life-containing medium inside.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 21, 2014, 11:45:10 am »

Attempt to create 640 trillion neon adoms

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 21, 2014, 12:07:37 pm »

Continue to work on creating chromosomes and unlocking the secrets of DNA.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23