Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New God Saga: Turn 2 (Game Thread)  (Read 2791 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
New God Saga: Turn 2 (Game Thread)
« on: November 29, 2014, 06:13:51 am »

Turn 1

In ancient eons, the world was ruled by  immortal beings. These entities did as they wished, smiting or aiding those mortals they claimed as theirs. This was an age of epics and sagas; a time of great heroes and villains. Of course, the people venerated these eccentric spirits as ‘gods’, not even knowing the true grandeur of Godhood.

As the ages passed, these spirits tired of their games and left. In their wake, ambitious mortals thought to emulate the rank and power achieved by their former masters. By Cunning and Power, they ascended and lead their own followers for the domination of the world. In time, they enslaved their fellow men and bade them to give worship; a sin beyond doubt and graver yet to give it. Men after all, are not divine.

As enlightened men, we know that those of the former ages were not gods at all but individuals who claimed power and used it for their own ends. As agents in service to His Holy Regent, and He Who Comes, we must stay vigilant and destroy those who would declare lesser beings gods. For no matter what they say, what they do or what they may do, keep close to your heart and listen to our ancient creed: there is Only One God and He Will Come.

-Speech given by Inquisitor Arastav before the Purge of Lomorra[/i]

Sentience.

What you were before this moment you do not know. A remnant of a sleeping spirit, the congregation of many prayers, the void given soul or the offspring of some great entity. It did not truly matter. All that mattered was that you could think.

You were not alone in that however. You sensed four others. Allies or enemies you did not know; only time would tell.

The presence of these other gods however was not however as shocking as the overpowering pull of several thousand chains of thought. You knew they were not yours or your fellow divines. These felt like the thoughts of lesser creatures. Mortals.

You search out beyond yourself, beyond the Void and pass the Veil; you hungered for those pleas of aid like flies to a carcass, ready to feast and brood.

The chains lead to a single world full of mortals. As much as you tried, there was no way in. Searching, you find that not even your divine will could enter the world save for a single point. A Rift. You look inside.

A city of stone and wood overlooking a sea. Roads connected the settlement to many outlying villages and groves. Mortals walked throughout the artificial landscape, teeming with possible worship. Five chains however stood out above the rest, demanding your attention.

Spoiler: Prayers (click to show/hide)

Other strings tugged you away from these five prayers, asking for your attention. You could pursue them, yes, but how much longer till your brethren took these prayers for their own?

The New Gods are Born.

((OOC: Remember, talking to fellow gods is a free action))

Spoiler: Gathered Knowledge (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cult Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 01:24:40 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
Re: New God Saga: Turn 1 (Game Thread)
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 03:28:43 pm »

Speak to the ambitious youth.

"Follow me and you shall gain power and wealth, your family shall never hunger and you will hold great and powerful magic. I am Seyk, god of magic and you shall be my first worshiper!"
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 09:28:55 pm by Ama »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 05:45:18 pm »

Kiar looked at the world, and made a disappointed noise. Ah, the human condition! Belief in a single God? Regular, restricting laws and priesthoods? How boring! Boring, boring! It's time she should shake things up a little! Without worshippers though... she was weak, and without minions, at risk of destruction. She wasn't sure what it'd be like to be dead, but she was sure it would be boring.

Others had entered with her. Maybe they could cooperate, and maybe she could see if she had an fellows of like mind she could play along with. She extended tendrils of thought to the others.

"Greetings, my fellows! I see you've got through that wretched gate, just like me! A interesting playground, this! But we're weak. I suggest we help each other! Two are better than one in love and war, after all! Gyahahaha! I am Crimson Kiar, Queen Of Sensation! It is a pleasure to meet you all... or a pain? Not like I care which! Gyahahaha!"

---

At the same time she took a deep breath of smoke and breathed out, blowing it into the mind of the priest, filling him with an excess of love - and lust. Likely, if she just appeared to him, he would react poorly. He must fall deeper into sin, and she would offer him redemption... of a sort.  Specifically, her sort. The idea of a priest being her first worshiper made her laugh. A dangerous game, but where was the thrill in the safe bet?

Influence the priest to feel overwhelming lust and love for the heathen.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 09:17:46 pm »

Hope: The lone sister dressed in white. Tomes beside her with bloodied knife in hand. She knew what she did was wrong but what choice did she have?[/spoiler]
"Trade. To give, to receive. A sacrifice, a blessing; promises, debt; deeds, consequences. What consequences do you desire to bring about, worth staining your white attire red?"

Converse with the Sister.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 09:32:29 pm »

"That I am!" the red serpent hissed. "I am Tiara, Goddess of Power."

She flashed a toothy grin. "And if two are better than one, I don't mind if I do!"

She twisted and writhed for a moment, trying to get a better angle of the prayers, before focusing on the sister in white and red. She projected her whispers forth, assuring the woman that it was too late to turn back, that it would all be worth it in the end. That the way to salvation lay forward, not back, and that she was better off burning the world now if it meant being able to rebuild it as she saw fit later.

She then turned to the lovestruck priest, glancing at Crimson Kiar as she did so. "Tut tut. This'll cause him untold problems if left unchecked. Why be an outcast for some woman, when he can rule like a god and have her as one of his many prizes? All he needs is some finesse..."

And so into his mind she began implanting the determination to rise above his peers. His love for the woman she used as a tool for this- a fulcrum with which to remind him what he could have if only he had the will to claim it. Who would question the most devout and respected of priests? Certainly not those weak-willed fools, glancing fearfully at a man without limits or doubt. All he had to do was climb the ranks, earn their respect... and he could keep her in his bedroom for all he cared. None would dare so much as suspect him, let alone stand between them.

Influence: Hope supplicant to do what must be done to achieve power
Influence: Love supplicant to rise above suspicion or disobedience by his fellow priests, then seize what is his
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 09:35:27 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 10:03:58 pm »

Crimson Kiar breathed a delighted plume of smoke.

"I think we shall be the best of friends, Tiara, my sibilant companion! Few things are as heady as power! Gyahaha! His guilt will gnaw him hollow! We'll give him time! I wonder if he'd kill to keep a secret! That would be interesting indeed! "

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 07:12:05 pm »

Lienruas grunts, staring down into this mortal world. The man seeking vengeance would follow him, if he knew that he could help.  Lienruas resolved to help the poor man, and watched the man as he wandered through the town. It wouldn't take long to find these 'Sisters of the Elysian Grove'. All Lienruas had to do was ask the beggar.

While planning to talk to the Beggar, Lienruas turned and answered the being next to him. "I am Lienruas," he stated. "God of Smithing. I would not be averse to forming a pantheon with the both of you."

After Lienruas is done talking to the others, he will converse with the Beggar.

Converse: Lienruas asks the beggar if he would be willing to seek vengeance. Lienruas states that he can help the beggar find the Sisters, and locate a weapon to use against them.
Apparently coding DF is equivalent to slaying hydras.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 09:04:30 pm »

Others had entered with her. Maybe they could cooperate, and maybe she could see if she had an fellows of like mind she could play along with. She extended tendrils of thought to the others.
"Greetings, my fellows! I see you've got through that wretched gate, just like me! A interesting playground, this! But we're weak. I suggest we help each other! Two are better than one in love and war, after all! Gyahahaha! I am Crimson Kiar, Queen Of Sensation! It is a pleasure to meet you all... or a pain? Not like I care which! Gyahahaha!"
"Two are needed for trade. But only if the two have something of value. What need has a queen to offer value for value?"

She twisted and writhed for a moment, trying to get a better angle of the prayers, before focusing on the sister in white and red. She projected her whispers forth, assuring the woman that it was too late to turn back, that it would all be worth it in the end. That the way to salvation lay forward, not back, and that she was better off burning the world now if it meant being able to rebuild it as she saw fit later.
"Hands. Off."
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 12:32:44 am by Harbingerjm »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2014, 10:26:25 pm »

While planning to talk to the Beggar, Lienruas turned and answered the being next to him. "I am Lienruas," he stated. "God of Smithing. I would not be averse to forming a pantheon with the both of you."

"A smith? Not what I would call excessive! I have no interest in iron, so you're welcome to it! But we have no need to be foes, so friends we shall be! Why, I'm not even sure we could be enemies, at this point! Gyahahaha!"

Two are needed for trade. But only if the two have something of value. What need has a queen to offer value for value?

"And who is this? No name given, but awfully snippy, gyahaha! Do not worry, my friend, we can certainly share! I'm sure we'll develop something to trade soon enough..."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2014, 12:03:59 am »

"Hands. Off."
Tiara gave a long, low, trebling hiss in response. Then she went back to what she was doing.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2014, 12:32:30 am »

"And who is this? No name given, but awfully snippy, gyahaha! Do not worry, my friend, we can certainly share! I'm sure we'll develop something to trade soon enough..."
"Identity... Convenience. Ven. Trader of things."

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2014, 09:36:18 am »

"Are we already going to argue over one human my fellow gods?"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: New God Saga: Turn 1.5 (Game Thread)
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2014, 07:09:33 am »

Turn 1.5

Crimson Kiar

The holy man had dreamed of the woman ever since they had met during the Prince's coronation. He remembered the first time fondly; given the task of blessing the symbols of power in the name of The Greatest and the Lady of the Woods. It had been a troubled beginning; piety-driven hatred forced into cooperation. He did not mean to fall for the Northerner but in every way she had lured him in; the eyes, the way she spoke, the scent she carried...it made him hunger for a chance. He had spent the following days beating at the woman's religious arguments, scattering flirtations between his curse. Of course, it all stopped when the coronation finally occurred and he no longer had a reasonable excuse to speak with the Sister. He would have to keep his stirrings to himself for his sake and that of God.

One night, a dream came to the priest. Sultry words and exotic incense filled his dreams; the blue-eyed sister dressed in naught pulling him forward to her hut. A night of pleasure and ecstasy beyond belief...

When the priest awoke the following morning drenched in sweat, he made up his mind. The pleasures of the flesh would come only once; he would commit his sin and deal with the consequences later.

And so to start his courting begun; gifts and letters were sent to the Sister. To the Elysian Grove he sent discrete messengers. Ostensibly to ensure that the Sisters were keeping to the law but of course the true purpose was to sneak in a few tokens of the priest's affections. For all his attempts however, he received no word back. Heart shattered, he thrust forward.

Lienruas

The man at first questions what he heard. And a second time. And a third time. After making sure that no one else heard the voice, he rushed to an alley- ensuring no one was in earshot- and spoke in a flurry of questions and curses. You make out the gist to be:

"A god?! It is because of you that my son is dead; his blood for your feast. You're servant did it for you and now you ask me to strike her down for you? God or demon, you are mad!"

From what you can tell from the man's mind, he would be all to willing to kill this woman if you would just give him a weapon; he just wants an answer to his question first.

Ven Half-Formed

Upon hearing your voice, the woman quickly bows towards her altar, still adorned with the remains of her victims. In a trembling voice, filled with mixed fear, surprise and awe, she answers. "To give you life my lord. Nothing more. I do all this for you an-"

Feeling another presence, the woman cowers in fear; she had clearly not expected this. She felt knives stabbing her skull, each departing whispers of ambition and power. They spoke of a throne, an order by which her rule would be supreme and without question. A world wherein hers was the final arbiter. The voices spoke further, of the flames and fire; to burn away those who opposed. She looked mortified.

"No...no, no, no...M-my lords, I am nothing but a Sister of your Blessed Lady; I am but your humble servant. I do not lead b-but only follow. Please, do not give me the command of your righhtful dominions."

Tiara

The priest found his gifts to have little effect on the Sister's affections. He should have expected as much. The woman had been young; new to her heathen sisterhood. She had not been enflamed with the priest's own passion. How could she? He was a man of moderate rank and worse, an enemy of her faith. No, he would need to do something about that...

And so, the man worked up the ranks. Increasing his contributions to the various ceremonies, as well as currying favour with the higher-ups, he did as was needed to move forward. Though he now had the motivation, it would be difficult to do anything at all to affect his current standing. He was a parish priest of one of the richer districts; a cushy job given by an uncle higher up in the hierarchy. He was not expected to rise up; indeed, he had only been given his current role out of familial duty. To ask more from his uncle, the chaplain of the priest himself, would be difficult. He had already been given the honour of blessing the Symbols of Rule...then again, the priest thought, why would his uncle give him such a chance? Of course his uncle was aiding him. Why else? It was a hint; he would sit dumbly and wait. No, he would take his chance and rise with all that he could use...He would visit his uncle in the morning, he thought.

Seyk

The youth looks about confused; he had been drinking lately. Perhaps he had taken too much. Ensuring that the drink's madness had not taken effect, he replied to the disembodied voice, asking him if it were a demon; he had always been told never to consort with demons. Murderer or thief, to speak with the demons was not only sacrilege but would unleash horrible consequences on the individual.

Spoiler: Gathered Knowledge (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cult Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Prayers (click to show/hide)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2014, 07:26:13 am »

The man at first questions what he heard. And a second time. And a third time. After making sure that no one else heard the voice, he rushed to an alley- ensuring no one was in earshot- and spoke in a flurry of questions and curses. You make out the gist to be:

"A god?! It is because of you that my son is dead; his blood for your feast. You're servant did it for you and now you ask me to strike her down for you? God or demon, you are mad!"

From what you can tell from the man's mind, he would be all to willing to kill this woman if you would just give him a weapon; he just wants an answer to his question first.

"She is not my servant. I would not ask a follower of mine to murder without a cause. Your cause is true; I cannot abide women, or even men, murdering for their own beliefs under the name of their own misplaced faith. Their gods aren't living." Lienruas considers for a moment. "You do not have a weapon, do you? I can assist you with this. If you can find a blacksmith, I can guide you towards your goal. It may be good to do so at night; I can unlock the blacksmith for you."

Conversing with the beggar. If he accepts what I've said, wait for night and watch him get to a blacksmith, using my essence to unlock it [Influence:1] and impart the knowledge of smithing to him,[Influence:3] letting him forge a true weapon.
Apparently coding DF is equivalent to slaying hydras.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2014, 10:43:22 am »

ptw
Pages: [1] 2