Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stripping and Pitting Caged Enemies: A Guide by Mechanixm  (Read 1393 times)

Edward Evjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stripping and Pitting Caged Enemies: A Guide by Mechanixm
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 04:00:46 pm »

Thanks for the guide! I was just about to build a creature air friction lab in a far less efficient way.

Captiv8

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 07:03:18 pm »

Loving your guides!

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 12:53:23 pm »

useful!
hamster cheese supplies are low

int_ua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 01:33:07 pm »

I remember reading somewhere that falling on floors from more dense materials is more dangerous and vice versa, is that [still] true?

Col_Jessep

• Bay Watcher
  • ♦ Cat Herder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 01:40:44 pm »

I remember reading somewhere that falling on floors from more dense materials is more dangerous and vice versa, is that [still] true?
Don't know for sure but it would be a good use for cobaltite if it was.

Does anybody know what causes the pitting dwarfs to let go of prisoners sometimes? Lack of discipline, low strength?
I like to use undead as live fire target practice but they break loose often and endanger my haulers.
Just kids...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 01:59:12 pm »

Yes. A floor built from platinum will cause more hurt than a floor built from feather wood. It is one of those cases where DF diverges from reality a bit. Werebeast material weakness is also respected.

int_ua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 04:29:08 pm »

Does anybody know what causes the pitting dwarfs to let go of prisoners sometimes? Lack of discipline, low strength?
In my single experiment the only case they let go prisoners was when I assigned multiple of them for pitting. Not a single time they released anyone if prisoners were assigned one by one, even when they had to walk ~5 tiles to the pit zone.

Yes. A floor built from platinum will cause more hurt than a floor built from feather wood. It is one of those cases where DF diverges from reality a bit.
Well, according to these graphs the general trend line is respected:
http://www-materials.eng.cam.ac.uk/mpsite/interactive_charts/strength-density/basic.html

Col_Jessep

• Bay Watcher
  • ♦ Cat Herder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 06:44:46 pm »

In my single experiment the only case they let go prisoners was when I assigned multiple of them for pitting. Not a single time they released anyone if prisoners were assigned one by one, even when they had to walk ~5 tiles to the pit zone.
Uggh, that isn't much fun if a necromancer shows up with 30 undead. Thanks.
Just kids...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)