Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Breedblades, a Legendary Gelder Fortress- Seeking Overseers  (Read 18507 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Breedblades, a Legendary Gelder Fortress- Seeking Overseers
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2014, 07:19:42 pm »

Boo!
Just wondering if there's an update.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2014, 09:08:36 pm »

Is being worked on. When other things (read: KSP) arent screaming at me to work on them.

That said, time for me to slog thru 30min of migrant noting...

In the morning. Yay, roommates.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2014, 12:15:08 pm »

Summer migrant wave of 127

Lor Wealthslanced, female, single,grower, assigned herbalist
female reindeer calf
Kol Netheroes, female, married to Atis Voicevessels, carpenter, assigned bonecarving
Atis Voicevessels, male, married to Kol Netheroes, potash maker, assigned soap making/wood burning/lye making
Ushat Whippedstaff, female, married to Momuz Rockwhirled, butcher/wound dresser/diagnostician, assigned as general doctor
Momuz Rockwhirled, male, married to Ushat Whippedstaff, cheesemaker, assigned pressing/milking/shearing/spinning/plant processing
Tekkud Weatherguilds, male, married to kogan Tradedjoined, siege engineer, assigned mechanic
Kogan Tradedjoined, female, married to Rekkud Weatherguilds, woodcrafter/lyemaker, assigned general crafts
Kokum Charcoaltowns, male, single, spinner/presser/beekeeper
Udib Beachedknives, male, married to Ilral Pagewilted, cheesemaker/bonecarver/dyer/spinner
Onget Clenchshots, male child, son of Ilral Pagewulted and Udib Beachedknives
Ilral Pagewilted, female, married to Udib Beachedknives, wound dresser/bone doc, assigned a doc job

Population now reads 113 dwarves total, with 18 children

I think a hospital is in order...
Highly Opinionated Fool

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2014, 01:27:00 pm »

There already is a hospital, FearfulJesuit set it up. Eastern Chalk Building on the top level, with the beds and tables.
The Cyan Menace

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 16, 2014, 01:39:17 pm »

I guess that counts as one...
Anyways, Im working on the next update.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 16, 2014, 02:11:31 pm »

11th Malachite, 127
 Migrants are in, I have assigned the stray animal for butchering, wirk contunues on the bedrooms, planning work on a hospital since we have enough doctors for one.
 Oh, and Flabort has started churning out masterpiece meals. I wonder if it has to do with Helgoland's masterpiece cabinets or Degel's masterpiece door...

16th Malachite, 127
 Well, the ghost is put to rest. I guess it just wanted a memorial slab. Also, the bodies of the three who wherent able to fit into what I am guessing is a sort of overground memorial are finally stowed away in coffins. Good.

19th Malachite, 127
 The miners struck gold while working on the bedroom level. Litterly.

21st Malachite, 127
 What is with the gelder and animals attacking him? And why does he always panic?

22th Malachite
 Helgoland is a pain in the neck. Always staring parties and not inviting me...

4th Galena, 127
 Gremlen in the furniture piles. I think it wanted to nab a bed, but no matter. The military is after it now.
 Annnd they failed to get the silly thing. We may want to station a few guards down there when we have more than one squad.

22th Galena, 127
 Decided to order a tunnel for possible minecarts between the main stone area and a small area on the living level. All the random piles of stone will be taken there, and then be able to be loaded into minecarts.

24th Galena, 127
 Nothing much has happened in the past month and a half, as it? All the adults are in their own bedrooms, more rooms are ready but undesignated to keep the kids from taking one, areas have been smoothed, memorials placed, tables and chairs put down...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2014, 06:12:13 pm »

Hey, what are we going to do with 40.20? Update to see if when it crashes or continue on?
Highly Opinionated Fool

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2014, 07:08:39 pm »

My vote is for... wait to update until the next bugfix.
Assuming there are any new bugs to fix.
The Cyan Menace

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 18, 2014, 07:12:49 pm »

Allright, Ill finish my turn in .40.19 before the week is up. Sorry its taking so long.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2014, 09:51:37 pm »

26th Galena, 127
 Ordered start on a prison, complete with offices for the guard and the sheriff. Work continues on the bee loft, and we seem to be out of shells for crafting.

1st Limestone, 127
 Wee, some silly Kobold decided to try to sneak in and steal something. Out goes the army... And away goes the kobold.

2ed Limestone, 127
 SIEGE.

I think that kobold must have been scouting for them, because a force of about nine Goblins have been spotted above the fort, mostly melee troops, but two appear to have crossbows. I have ordered the pulling of the lever in the clothing area, but we may be shutting some men out...

3ed Limestone, 127
 Vucar Flagbuzzles thought the best time to have a kid was just now, although the little girl does not seem to agree. Tun Vesselpale is a very healthy little girl, so that's good.
 Also, no one seems to have decided to pull the lever, so that's an issue... I ordered the military to get in- I was going to say "in position in case the gobbos beat the drawbridge", but it went up shortly before they showed. Of course, because some dick designed the walls with tons of holes in them the gobbos have started shooting the livestock.
 Annd a crossbowman and a pikeman have gotten in somehow... And to make it even weirder one of the crossbowmen (who just killed a donkey) remarked in dwarven how horrific the death was. Also, another gobbo had taken the time to state that he was exasperated to have been rained on... Weird...

But in come the soldiers, lead by the mayor, batting aside bolts with his shield! He then proceed to bash a pikeman in the head with his mace, smashing it to bits. Then everyone just dogpiles on one. I will report on the rest in a bit.

Jwood went into a martial trance during the fight, fighting with no regard to their health, at least until he got lashed in the head by one of the gobbos. In addition, at least three assigned wardogs where killed. After those inside where killed I placed an order for the bridges to be lowered so the remaining foes could be cleaned up.

The Larval Ticks are a bunch of cowards, purple yam wearing prats. Came in, killed one of our own, and did not even leave behind their metal gear.

14th Limestone, 127
 Caravan from the mountain homes has arrived, Ive ordered the normal things to be done.

18th Limestone, 127
 One of our military has just given birth. We all welcome Likon Singlewipped, only daughter and second child of Dastot Goldveiled and Id Rubbedcrafts.

24th Limestone, 127
 Sibek Steelriddled collapsed during a drill today. Slightly worrying... They said it was fine though, so...

2ed Sandstone, 127
 Raw food storage is full up, so I ordered an area nearby to be dugout to hold more. I also sent out the troops against a Kea that has been a pain on the surface.

6th Sandstone, 127
 Migrant wave inbound, Will report on it soon.
Highly Opinionated Fool

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2014, 10:44:55 pm »

I'm getting the idea that the fortifications weren't the best idea; I guess that can be the 'Inner' walls if you want to build a larger protective ring.
The Cyan Menace

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2014, 12:19:00 pm »

I dont have time for that myself.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 24, 2014, 04:54:11 pm »

6th Sandstone, 127

The autumn migrant wave consists as follows:
 Sodel Caveclear, male, married to Shorast Ardentlashes, wood burner
 Shorast Ardentlashes, female, married to Sodel Caveclear, Ranger
 Zasit Shootcreature, male child, son of Shorast Ardentlashes and Sodel Caveclear
 Stukos Ironknights, male, married to Fikod Rampartlistened, miller/cook/spinner, assigned growing
 Avuz Laboredglazed, female child, daughter of Fikod Rampartlistened and Stukos Ironknights
 Fikod Rampartlistened, female, married to Stukos Ironknights, fisher/cheesemaker
 stray hen chick
 Dobar Ochretruthful, male, married to Tosid Honorpapers, wound dresser/suturer/woodburner
 Alath Shellgate, male, unmarried, clother/potter/glazer, assigned weaving
 Rigoth Laborclashed, male, married to Atis Aircrafted, cheesemaker/dyer/presser, assigned milling/plant processing
 Atis Aircrafted, female, married to Rigoth Laborclashed, hammerdwarf, assigned to military
 Etur Lashedfluke, male, unmarried, Ranger

(rest of update to follow)
Highly Opinionated Fool

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 24, 2014, 09:49:53 pm »

7th Sandstone, 127
 Migrants all came in, the one assigned to the military mmediatly went off to deal with the kea that where going about, so...

10th Sandstone, 127
 Ive ordered more things dug out, partally because we are out of certan types of stone, partially because we need a below-ground refuse pile, to lessen chances of casultes during a siege. The designations include a series of five large storerooms for, well, storage.

12th Sandstone, 127
 I ordered the formation of a new military squad, equiped with crossbows, headed by one Bomrek, a former ranger. I have also ordered the construction of a few archery targets in the caverns for them to train at when they arent on duty. I have also ordered the exploration of the caverns under the fortress, and plan to place orders to block off most of the access points inorder to allow our population to safely exploit them.

3ed Timber, 127
 Work on the jails is going well, we just need a few chains forged and we are ready to hold some prisioners.

4th Timber, 127
 Asmel randomly dropped the barrel he was carrying and wandered off. The general concensus is that he is in somesorta fey mood. He pushed his way into a clothier's workshop, threw up a sign prohibiting others from using it and ran about, gathering various things from about the fort, including a pile of bones, some rough tigereyes, a log and some bolts of cloth.

6th Timber, 127
 Another birth today, Ingish Tinthorn and Datan Armorfrenzies have had their first today, a bright baby girl they have named Etur Arrowskunks. I also took the squads off of going after the kea that they cant seem to find, lettign them do whatever.
 Also, it looks like the kea was captured in a cage trap at some point. Well.. Thats...

9th Timber, 127
 yet another birth today, this time to 'Caroline' Blazedbooks and her husband Mistem Machineaqua. The boy, their first male offspring, has been named Vabok Pinering. He looks like he is going to be an ideal canadate for the military someday.

11th Timber, 127
 Guess what Asmel was working on for the past week? A glove. A single woolen glove. And not just any glove, a glove decorated with wool, bands of square cut tigereyes, and random spikes of wool, wood and bone.
 Atleast its worth something, 8420GCU, but it would have been rather nice if there was a left hand glove for it...
 Oh, also, according to Asmel, it is named "Bowclutches the Celebrated Comedy". What a name.

17th Timber, 127
 A giant toad has been spotted in the caverns, attacking Goden the gem cutter. Both squads have been sent down there to deal with it, as a spot of real training. Sadly, before it got dogpiled down and killed it it managed to kill Likod Luslemkogan and got a few injuries onto Goden. The final blow was from Kol the hammerdwarf. A sad fate, but our doctors should be able to fix up the wounds on Goden's neck and right upper leg. According to the docs, Goden needs a crutch and some surgery, and appears to have motor and sensory nerve damage. When I asked what the hell they meant by that they replied that it was sorta like the control cables used in some of the larger constructions.

23ed Timber, 127
 While going thru the pile of debris from the cavern fight I found that the toad was given a name fater it killed Fikod. Now, heres the sadly amusing part: They named it Primbeetle. Yes, Primbeetle.

4th Moonstone, 127
 Tekkud the Axedwarf really likes his shield, or atleast so it looks like.
 Also, the river froze over, and the millstone assutch is unpowered, so...

11th Moonstone, 127
 The first chain for the jail has been ordered to be placed and the reaminder have been placed back down.

28th Moonstone, 127
 Ordered up the start of a new kitchen area, or atleast five work areas for various workshops. I also ordered the furnishing of the jail area, or atleast half of it, the offices and the guard armory/training hall. In other news, the cavern archery range has finished, the replacement for the lost marksdwarf has joined up.
 Oh, and the trade deal with the Mountanhomes has gone thru, what they really want appears, in this order, seeds, shields, drinks, ammo, blocks, fish, plants, headwear, earrings and anvils.
 Oh, we may have some issues with the watersupply, since its all frozen. Well, something I will fix at some point.

5th Opal, 127
Ohhhhhhhh crud. Ah... someone just screamed that theres a giant humanoid iguana with blue glowing eyes and blocky close-set cinnamon scales. To make matters worse, accoding to what those who can hear it are saying its shouting about how much Song Sotukstozu wants to eat our flesh and drink our blood. Well, time to shut the gates, get the army ready, and hope to heck we kill it without it killing us.
 But... it got inside the gate before we noticed it. Ah fuck.
 It headed right for Lorban Brandedfigures and bit her in the lower left arm, majorly fucking it up. She managed to get away, but not before a spurt of blood erupted out of her arm. And then Lorban decided to, instead of heading to the hospital with all those wonderful doctors ready to save her life but instead back into the fight. But now it has grabbed Id the sworddwarf and is chewing off their leg... And now is chewing off their right hand... And has switched to chewing Minkot the Marksdwarf's right leg... And their head... And is going after Bomrek's head... Im guessing Bomrek went to save their subordinant and got chewed on for the trouble... And now Ezum is getting chewed on... First the chest and now the head... ANd now Kikrost is getting gnobed on... Arm, leg, hand... And dead. Probally blood loss. Anyways, Tekkud and NAV have waded in, along with a random dog, recently killed... And now its eating NAV's foot...
 And suddenly, its a goblin. Well, thats slightly easier to kill. And the little bastard is trying to run away. Cue dogpile from the vengful populise of the fort... Sibrek has chopped off their foot... And their neck... I think its dead. Yep, dead. Good ridence. But at what cost? We have atleast five injured, one dead...
 Also, somehow Sibrek managed to sut the neck off of the gobbo without seperating the head from the rest of the body... That takes talent.
 But with nine in the hospital and no water? We may be screwed.

9th Opal, 127
 I orderd the constructon of a minecart tunnel leading from the cavern stockpiles (one of bolts, various food ones, and lotsa stone storage) to the upper levels, for (at the verry least) stone transport.

16th Opal, 127
 There is a cave croc on the loose, it has been attacking Ingish the herbalist, along with Morul the farmer. Both squads are going after it. However, it has allready killed Ingush, and is currently going after the rest of the fort. Ingush's infant daughter has been unmolested, and now the croc is attempting to make its escape, but one of the traps has caught it with a rock, allowing Moldath the farmer to beat on it. Atis the hammerdwarf has came in and started beating on it, eventually killing it with a smack to the head that jammed the bone thru the brain, severing it. The croc, according to its killer, was skilled enough to earn a name, which Moldath is now stating that it is named Giltsubmerged.

24th Opal, 127
 A sad day today. Ofne of the fortesses orphans was found dead from thirst this morning. We really, really, really need to get a watersourse that willnot become ice in winter...
Highly Opinionated Fool

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 24, 2014, 10:31:49 pm »

Hmm... The one in the hospital wasn't supposed to freeze; I guess the next guy will have to bucket-brigade us a water source underground.

As for the werebeast attack, you might want to start a seperate burrow on the opposite side of the caverns for those who might be affected. Just so that if they turn, they won't have as much of a chance to wreak havok, but they can still be helpful citizens. Or... you can lock them into bedrooms.

The Cyan Menace

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10