Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Unusual Habits While Gaming  (Read 14438 times)

Cowboy Colt

• Bay Watcher
  • You're gonna carry that weight.
    • View Profile
Re: Unusual Habits While Gaming
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2014, 06:44:41 am »

Oh god jumping. I can't name a game where I don't have this nagging habit to jump everywhere- if it lets you jump, that's how I travel.
Jumping is faster right? RIGHT!? A little like rolling or running backflipping in Zelda.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2014, 08:03:28 am »

I cuss and usually complain very muchly whenever my game fucks up like giving me bad luck during various strategy games, like in the before Res Republica on EU4 when I played and the AI vassals were so retarded in joining you on fights so you'd always lose because they'd be half across the map capping a single province.

Example: "No don't you fucking rout now. It's not like you have a battle to fight."
Example2: "Oh no don't mind me Mr.Vassal, it's not like you need that stack of 13 to cap one single province but you're the professional here."

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2014, 08:49:32 am »

I just remembered another one.

In space sims and the like, I MUST land my craft in the capital ship like a normal pilot; auto-pilot too early (when available) is too unfair, unless I don't have time or patience (especially if the mission was annoying enough), show some backbone and some effort.

That means matching my speed with the capital ship, and tweaking my throttle little by little, until I'm in my designated area in the hanger (in some cases, meaning strafing into the hanger, given gameplay limitations), then I hit the "Land/Dock" button, and complete the sequence. So air-to-air docking back onto an airship (Crimson Skies), Manually done. Air to sea or land (aircraft carrier or airport, so Ace Combat and other sims), Manually done. Space-to-Space or X-wing to Mon Cal Cruiser or designated base (as much as just about scratching paint off both ships), manually done. I think one time I had to land an aircraft on a moving train as well. I've had some scary landings I'm surprised I accomplished all on my own.

Doing so in MS Flight Simulator on simulation/realistic settings, I really got to pat myself on the back for. Those were certainly not easy. Especially with cross-winds. I guess I got this habit from having a pilot-in-studying as a roommate before. Probably also how I got to be such a good pilot as well. Learned quite a bit by proxy (complex instrument panels are like DF for flying, so to put it; especially if you have to fly blind.).

EDIT:
Just as well, Why must I always show off and do stunts when I'm in air combat situations? I mean, it's one thing to evade missles like a boss, but it's silly to keep at it at several meters from the ground upside-down for a few kilometers. Could have come from playing too much Crimson Skies, and all the stunt opportunities.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 09:06:14 am by Itnetlolor »

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2014, 08:59:10 am »

I do tend to jump places, a habit born from "The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind" where it was the fastest way to get around. As such I've become quite good at scaling mountainsides and finding those little ledges of geometry that allow you to jump.

Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2014, 09:01:33 am »

Speaking of jumping, I remember that, as a kid, I got so over-excited that I would jump on the chair/couch/whatever while playing with my friend. I stopped after being tied to said chair while at said friend's place by his mum (it was all in good humor, though).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2014, 09:06:16 am »

Speaking of jumping, I remember that, as a kid, I got so over-excited that I would jump on the chair/couch/whatever while playing with my friend. I stopped after being tied to said chair while at said friend's place by his mum (it was all in good humor, though).
"No no no officer, it's not child abuse because it was FUNNY!" :p

I tend to hum battle hymns to myself when games get intense. Particularly playing Star Wars games, or other games with particularly catchy battle tunes.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2014, 09:19:42 am »

I almost always verbally ridicule people who are insulting others during a game.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Cowboy Colt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2014, 09:20:51 am »

I do tend to jump places, a habit born from "The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind" where it was the fastest way to get around. As such I've become quite good at scaling mountainsides and finding those little ledges of geometry that allow you to jump.
See! Artform.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2014, 09:21:47 am »

... I almost always mute the game. No sounds, no music.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2014, 09:25:55 am »

I tend to like to nibble on things well I game~
This sooooo much... If it ain't food, its fingernails, toothpicks, random bits of plastic I have on my desk. It just subconsciously reaches my mouth somehow...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Cowboy Colt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2014, 09:28:54 am »

I tend to listen to podcasts while playing but rarely with the game absolutely silent.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2014, 10:01:37 am »

I sigh. Sometimes I break out into song depending on the situations.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2014, 10:49:13 am »

I tend to listen to podcasts while playing but rarely with the game absolutely silent.
I often replace the background music (as in, turn it off and play something else). Mostly rock or Radio Nostalgia, depending on game and mood.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Cowboy Colt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2014, 11:02:04 am »

I often replace the background music (as in, turn it off and play something else). Mostly rock or Radio Nostalgia, depending on game and mood.
Fair enough.

If you've got good driving mechanics and a classical radio station in-game. Mute everything but the radio. It's serene.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2014, 11:03:59 am »

A bit of OCD I guess, but whenever I'm playing something that has you producing units (4x, TBS, RTS, etc..) I always produce them in even numbers or in multiples of five. I just can't stand random numbers of units being spammed out, you gotta have some order.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9