Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Archery has been nerfed?  (Read 3075 times)

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
  • The most dwarven name possible.
    • View Profile
Re: Archery has been nerfed?
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2014, 12:04:45 pm »

True, hence the "wildly inaccurate". Not to mention the misfires, which could be fatal. Early users of the musket often said its main use was scaring the enemy, rather than hitting him.

Personally I would quite like to see musket dwarves, since gunpowder existed before 1400, and their total lack of accuracy and chance of death by explosion would stop them from being overpowered even in large numbers.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

Rogue Yun

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of the Carp
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2014, 12:35:24 pm »

I kind of like the idea of dwarves carrying a Blunderbuss. The shorter barrel, shotgun effect, and wild inaccuracy seems dwarfy to me.

.:Simple Mood 16x16 ASCII:.
Keep it Simple. Keep it Safe.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2014, 12:38:42 pm »

True, hence the "wildly inaccurate". Not to mention the misfires, which could be fatal. Early users of the musket often said its main use was scaring the enemy, rather than hitting him.

Personally I would quite like to see musket dwarves, since gunpowder existed before 1400, and their total lack of accuracy and chance of death by explosion would stop them from being overpowered even in large numbers.
I can only assume that elves are like the asians of the game, and they only use wood. So then if the elves can't introduce gun-powder, and the dwarves can't even make their booze explode, then how are we going to discover gun-powder?
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2014, 12:41:05 pm »

I do agree that blunderbusses would be very dwarfy, but the way firearms were used back then (Making an organized line of men shoulder to shoulder standing behind another line of crouched men, firing as one.) wouldn't be how dwarfs behave at all. They would just blow up everything.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
  • The most dwarven name possible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2014, 01:39:37 pm »

Dwarves would not use organised musketry. That does not mean that they would not use musketry at all. It would just be more...!!fun!!.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.
Pages: 1 [2]