- 4 (44.4%)
Sure, but it should have a limit.
- 0 (0%)
Other...
- 2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: December 09, 2014, 05:28:09 pm

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: Age of the hydra, a new life (Modded Adventure Mode CYOA) (page 13!)  (Read 44204 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: Age of the hydra (Modded Adventure Mode CYOA)
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2014, 04:02:05 pm »

Can the hydra dig?

also, it would be a good idea to locate aditionnal ''lairs'' where we can sleep while on murderhobo exploration mode. Like, dollhouses. We call them dollhouses because we take them from our dolls and make them our house.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2014, 08:40:15 pm »

Start throwing coins at all those one-headers, they seem to love them so much....

Otherwise, stockpile large amounts of food and booze in the lair and spend a month doing nothing but to eat, drink and sleep.
I do stuff, I guess

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2014, 08:41:55 pm »

Start throwing coins at all those one-headers, they seem to love them so much....

Ugh no, don't lsten to the sixth head, it's not quite right anymore! Just don't throw our money away!

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
  • A large firefly fond of technology and art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2014, 09:26:15 pm »

Can the hydra dig?

also, it would be a good idea to locate aditionnal ''lairs'' where we can sleep while on murderhobo exploration mode. Like, dollhouses. We call them dollhouses because we take them from our dolls and make them our house.
You think about digging your own lair, then you realize how broken your claws are. You wonder why they haven't healed yet, and growl to yourself. You'll need some extra lairs. You go to look, but you pass a house and get curious. Sitting on the roof, you listen to their chatter.You hear about a dragon with 23 kills, a roc, two titans, then your name comes up.
"Mastering the forces of nature would glorify us in the eyes of the world. Presentumbras is in The Entangled Prairie. Seek this place if you want to hunt Xodu Dangersteppes the Itch of Esteem the hydra. This vile fiend has killed two hundred fifteen in it's lust for murder!"
You listen to the chorus of 'That's terrifying!' with a feeling of happiness.
This is the most kills you have heard of about one of your kind.
Of any kind, in fact.
You are truly the most powerful.
The unstoppable.
Find goblins or bandits and try talking them into joining you.

Or otherwise try to show a bit of mercy, see if that helps anything at all once you're ransacking villages.
You think of recruiting some servants, and remember you can't speak. It would be a great way to take advantage of your reputation.

Otherwise, stockpile large amounts of food and booze in the lair and spend a month doing nothing but to eat, drink and sleep.

Ugh no, don't lsten to the sixth head, it's not quite right anymore! Just don't throw our money away!
Yeah... Two of your heads are arguing. Head three, stop picking on the crippled head please. You are not throwing away the coins, due to not wanting to let go of treasure and there being no real point. Thrown coins may end up becoming lost or stolen coins.
She is tall and lanky. Her eyes are brown. Her wing case is black. Her wings are translucent. Her abdomen glows bright yellow.
Pyrefly likes bluejay feathers, flowers, videogames, computers, hydras for their seven heads, cats for their aloofness, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, she prefers to consume cow steaks and flavored sparkling water. She absolutely detests wasps.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2014, 09:43:54 pm »

Listening to people being scared of you is nice. Leave those few civilians alive, and return periodically to sneak on their discussions when your self esteem is too low.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2014, 10:22:57 pm »

Go on a holiday to the seaside in celebration.
I do stuff, I guess

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2014, 06:57:42 am »

All of you are right, but I think we should go shopping. And by shopping I mean we kill things and take their valuables.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2014, 11:27:41 am »

And by shopping I mean we kill things and take their valuables.

Oh, you meant chopping...

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2014, 04:05:26 pm »

Get directions to a necromancer's tower, then train in preparation for becoming the world's first necrohydra. We will accomplish this by conquering more cities. Next we conquer a goblin fort and claim their dark pits for ourself. Only with strength and discipline will we be powerful enough to accomplish this glorious feat.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2014, 05:18:37 pm »

Listening to people being scared of you is nice. Leave those few civilians alive, and return periodically to sneak on their discussions when your self esteem is too low.
You decide to leave the village be.
Go on a holiday to the seaside in celebration.
Other than the sea lamprey you made into a doll, nothing extraordinary happened.
All of you are right, but I think we should go shopping. And by shopping I mean we kill things and take their valuables.
And by shopping I mean we kill things and take their valuables.

Oh, you meant chopping...
Get directions to a necromancer's tower, then train in preparation for becoming the world's first necrohydra. We will accomplish this by conquering more cities. Next we conquer a goblin fort and claim their dark pits for ourself. Only with strength and discipline will we be powerful enough to accomplish this glorious feat.
Wow, a tower's even past your lair, by the chatter. You stop for a night near your lair. You wonder if you can force yourself to be able to speak. If you can, you'll declare yourself ruler of every town and grab any treasure you want. North of your lair is a tower, a day or two of travel away. While you wonder how you are going to do this, despite being unable to read, you fall asleep, accidentally letting all your heads fall...

Ok, you are enraged. You woke up to see wolves eating your dolls. You tore them to pieces and then took your partial skeletons and hid them deeper in your lair. The ONE TIME you weren't watching. BAH.
She is tall and lanky. Her eyes are brown. Her wing case is black. Her wings are translucent. Her abdomen glows bright yellow.
Pyrefly likes bluejay feathers, flowers, videogames, computers, hydras for their seven heads, cats for their aloofness, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, she prefers to consume cow steaks and flavored sparkling water. She absolutely detests wasps.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2014, 10:57:56 pm »

Even though you cannot read perhaps you should still attack and ransack a necro tower and hide the slab in your lair/ or you can make a library using chests (despite not being able to read),.. the books bindings and covers have pretty  colors and symbols on them, so they are worthy treasure. Or you could begin using the necro tower as your lair and seat of power(it would be very fun to create a giant treasure pile at the top of the tower (which is usually empty) which you could sleep upon In a display of your ultimate power and ultimate luxury, and you can steal furniture from towns and decorate your tower. Also, it will make all those other megabeasts know you are superior and tougher then all of them.

Also, if you are playing in 40.xx you would also occasionally have adventurers wander into the lair. WHom you can slaughter.

You could also retire at the tower, then reload it up instantly and the tower will actually belong to you. (since the game recognizes that you "settled" there.  Of cours ethat two weeks wait between retires might cause problems for your hydra. (whom adventurers WILL try to kill)

What do you think of becoming a vampire-hydra?Im am quite sure that that is in fact possible. It would also double your agility and strength,you would be even more unstoppable. (though im not sure you will still be able to gain levels in things)... Ive been able to I think.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 11:10:35 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2014, 09:39:28 am »

A hydrapire? Yes, that could work. We must master the forces of darkness and sink the world into the realms of our dark lord!
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2014, 10:28:53 am »

Even though you cannot read perhaps you should still attack and ransack a necro tower and hide the slab in your lair/ or you can make a library using chests (despite not being able to read),.. the books bindings and covers have pretty  colors and symbols on them, so they are worthy treasure. Or you could begin using the necro tower as your lair and seat of power(it would be very fun to create a giant treasure pile at the top of the tower (which is usually empty) which you could sleep upon In a display of your ultimate power and ultimate luxury, and you can steal furniture from towns and decorate your tower. Also, it will make all those other megabeasts know you are superior and tougher then all of them.

Also, if you are playing in 40.xx you would also occasionally have adventurers wander into the lair. WHom you can slaughter.

You could also retire at the tower, then reload it up instantly and the tower will actually belong to you. (since the game recognizes that you "settled" there.  Of cours ethat two weeks wait between retires might cause problems for your hydra. (whom adventurers WILL try to kill)

What do you think of becoming a vampire-hydra?Im am quite sure that that is in fact possible. It would also double your agility and strength,you would be even more unstoppable. (though im not sure you will still be able to gain levels in things)... Ive been able to I think.
A hydrapire? Yes, that could work. We must master the forces of darkness and sink the world into the realms of our dark lord!
You start to daydream. The great evil tower will be the perfect lair when you kill the necromancer inside! It contains pretty looking treasure, attracts prey, and you can gather more treasure to fill it. You also daydream of being a vampire. You will be even more unstoppable, as vampires are so powerful. You might miss being able to eat prey instead of draining it, but you'll still have fun destroying entire cities. But where to find a vampire... Welp you'll just have to kill everything.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2014, 04:30:49 am »

Kill everything and drink the resultant pools of blood in hopes that one of them was a vampire.
I do stuff, I guess

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2014, 02:47:11 pm »

Kill everything and drink the resultant pools of blood in hopes that one of them was a vampire.
You end up at a dwarven village. Strangely, few of them are under the ground. None of them seem to have been vampires, as you have drank a little of all of them after you ripped them apart. You have also found out it's easier to simply throw the arrows and bolts then try to awkwardly shoot them; suddenly you are extremely dangerous from a distance too! Well, you were, but you're more- oh nevermind you've always sucked at trying to use a crossbow or a bow. Seriously, trying to pull back a bow string or load a crossbow with your fangs: doesn't work well. The best part about starting with the dwarves is that they even decorate their SOCKS with sparkling gems. You've also taken some of their crops just because you can. You can't exactly eat them but you might be able to brew them if you find a barrel.
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17