Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Empire of Arms: Weapon Design IC  (Read 6119 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Empire of Arms: Weapon Design IC
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2014, 07:12:55 pm »

Right. How detailed do you want the location to be, and can you give an example of how you want turns to be formatted?

Sure. I probably should have done that already. Generally, just the country is enough, though more detail can be added.

Example:

2 Factories, Country X

1 Factory, Country Y

2 Bases, Country Z
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2014, 11:05:29 pm »

Spoiler: Stone INC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 01:43:10 am by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2014, 11:06:13 pm »

So, is this one company or more than one?

When I get a response ill edit this with my company, if multiple companies is a thing. Otherwise Ill delete it...

Everyone has their own company. Part of the fun is the ability to design stuff by yourself.

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2014, 11:45:22 pm »

As Promised my Arms Dealership

Company Name: Ирон Ски машински радови
Specialty:
Aircraft
History:
(Pending)
Current Designs: 
Лигхт напад Хеликоптер Кс-3 (Basically a combat outfitted version of the soviet Mi-4 Helicopter. It is capable of transporting troops as well as mounting a weapon rack on either side of the helicopter. When designed it was given a focus on survivability made with a durable construction and a large amount of redundant systems if nothing else the thing will take more hits then any other helicopter of its size.)
Current Resources:
1 HQ (a small grey non descript building with a sign in front reading <добродошли на Ирон Ски машински радови но муслимани велцоме>
1 Small Aircraft Factory (a generic warehouse/factory building capable of turning out three Kc-3 every week)
1 Primitive Fire Arms Factory (a factory capable of turning out basic fire arms in quick repetition. It has little automation though and requires many workers to operate at peak efficiency)
1 Primitive Office
1 Primitive R&D Facility
Current Manpower:
3 Design Technicians
2 Salesman
10 engineers
45 workers
5 security personal 
Contracts:
(pending)
Money:
(not sure)

By the way the language i am using is serbian
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 12:32:07 am by cheesemcmuffin88 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Empire of Arms: Weapon Design IC: Turn 1
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2014, 06:41:42 pm »

Alright! Happy Thanksgiving everyone, it looks like it is time to get this started!

It seems nobody has a location yet, I probably should have specified. You are able to make a small, fictional, country to house your starting buildings. In the future, you will probably end up spreading your countries outwards. You do not have to specify a country for your first buildings, I suppose, you won't get any particular bonus or penalty anyway.

Current Events:

The long standing hostilities between Kajistan and Gammorah have finally erupted, fighting has started at the border. Both countries are located in desert nations, with fairly little in the way of resources. Treaties had outlawed arms buildup between the two, but they had gotten around this by piling up large amounts of money. They are currently looking for everything and anything, from handguns to battleships, and have the money to burn.

Cirain, a monarchist country located in the far north, has begun undergoing a revolution! It has been politically unstable for a while, but few suspected it would end like this. The country is rich in oil, of which most of the profits had gone to the ruling family. Currently, the ruling family is looking for shock-and-awe weapons that will easily quell the poorly armed rebels into submission, as well as mercenaries to put down trouble in the streets. They have plenty of money to pay with. For the rebel's part, they are looking for a lot of cheap weapons. They don't have much to pay with, but are making big promises if they win and are incredibly desperate.

That is it for today's current events.

Individual events:

Red Omega
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Manpower has been rolled for, feel free to start.

Styrstahl

Manpower rolled for, Good to Go! Ended up rolling the highest possible for the Salesmen, congratulations!

Devastator Arms

Interesting weapon, it is accepted but may act much poorer than you had intended. Feel free to purchase equipment and manpower as a first action.

FutureTech Industries

Weapon design is fine, though you ended up rolling pretty low for all your men. Oh well.

Lycan:

Good to go, go ahead and start!

Stone Incorporated:

Again, GTG! The (Expert) skill includes the bonus for focusing on mercenaries, the roll was pretty high to begin with though.

Ирон Ски машински радови

Looks good! I don't know what you meant by Engineers, could you tell me? Also, could you please calculate the money you spent? I have just kind of been trusting people with their own pocket book, since it would take forever to check everyone myself.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2014, 07:00:10 pm »

All my buildings are in the countryside of Egica, a small, urban country with large supplies of metal and a history of fighting wars.

Look for contracts from Kajistan and the rebels for the ST-2. For the country, point out it's value as a sidearm and it's rate of fire. For the rebels, emphasize it's low cost and concealability.

Have the design techs work on making a mod kit for the ST-2. It should contain tools to clean the weapon, and add attachments, along with a modification to make it fire cheaper .22 LR ammo, for training.

Build a few ST-2s, and give them to some of my workers. Give them basic gun training.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 09:12:00 am by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2014, 09:09:08 pm »

Stone Incorporated is located on a small island off the coast of Cirain, owning the entire thing.

Actions
Spoiler: Design (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Security (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Production (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Contract guff (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 03:24:39 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2014, 11:16:43 pm »

Ok i've got my sheet up to date.

This turn devastator arms will send 1 Salesmen to Cirain along with 2 Mercenarys  product demonstrators, after all show don't tell.

The other salesman will head to Kajistan and aim to drum up sales by claiming that Gammorah has taken an interest in purchasing a large shipment of Master blasters.

The Technicians should start working on generally improving the Master blaster.
Spoiler: Company stuff. (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2014, 12:46:01 am »

Spoiler: FutureTech Industries (click to show/hide)
Actions:
  • Approach Cirain, Kajistan and Gammorah to see if they are interested in buying the JR-300 mortar
  • Have the workers and Andrew King work on making 3 dozen JR-300s for demonstration purposes
  • The Design Techs are to work on a 120mm naval cannon
  • FutureTech's facilities are based in the country of Losro, a dry and hilly country at about 40 degrees south of the equator, which has historically mostly been vulnerable from its shoreline
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 05:14:37 am by RulerOfNothing »

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2014, 03:40:11 am »

Red Omega is located in Adjikistan, a small, cold and mountainous country located on the western border of Cirain.

4 of our design techs and Jenny will work on making the engine more robust to handle harsh enviroments better.

The 5 other design techs will design a pintle mounted HMG to be mounted on the Badger, with focus on a good cooling system and a high rate of fire, to suppress enemy targets.

We will seek out contracts with Cirain and Gammorah. The salesman will head for Cirain, emphasising the speed of the Badger to easily overwhelm and frighten the rebels.

The workers, including Grim, will produce a few Badgers for demonstration purposes, and one for base defense purposes. 2 of the generic workers will then be trained in how to blow things up with the Badger.

We will attempt to buy a few JR-300 mortars from FT Industries.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:59:44 am by Donuts »
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2014, 12:13:17 pm »

Lycan is based in Atlia - a small country which is known for its scientific progress. It borders Egica.

Send the salesman to Gammorah, attempt to sell the LNBR-Ib. Attempt to sell it to the Cirainian (did I write that right?) rebels as well. Emphasize its reliability.

Coco and 5 workers produce LNBR-Ib's, the other 4 workers make 7.62x51mm ammo.

All the Design Techs design a bullpup anti-materiel rifle (semi-auto). It should fire .50cal rounds based on Raufoss Mk 211 contained in a 10-round magazine. 12x scope and bipod comes in standard. Deeply fluted barrel in order to disperse heat and reduce weight. Adjustable stock. Chrome-lined barrels. The weapon will be designated LNAMR-I "Alpha".

Spoiler: Lycan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 01:03:27 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2014, 12:57:46 pm »

All the Design Techs design a bullpup anti-materiel rifle (semi-auto). It should fire .50cal rounds based on Raufoss Mk 211 contained in a 10-round magazine. 12x scope and bipod comes in standard. Deeply fluted barrel in order to disperse heat and reduce weight. Adjustable stock. Chrome-lined barrels.[/b]

You really do love bullpups, huh?
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2014, 01:00:56 pm »

Bullpups are pretty cool. They're efficient.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2014, 01:54:36 pm »

And generally shorter.
And the coolness factor.
Highly Opinionated Fool

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2014, 02:27:44 pm »

Is there still room for more? If so, sheet incoming.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 02:56:52 pm by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6