Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Engraving and room value?  (Read 1903 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Engraving and room value?
« on: November 24, 2014, 08:12:24 pm »

Is there a way to show or calculate the value of an engraved wall/floor tile?
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

LordUbik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Engraving and room value?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 09:33:58 pm »

IIRC (but i'm not sure), smoothing makes your room calculate the value of the wall/floor and add it to the room value (so 10 granite floor tiles will add 10 to the room value, 20 in the case of flux and so on), then engraving will apply a quality modifier to each tile.

So simply smoothing do not add a great value to a room, while engraving it with high-level stone detailer can jmprove it a lot.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 09:41:50 pm »

IIRC (but i'm not sure), smoothing makes your room calculate the value of the wall/floor and add it to the room value (so 10 granite floor tiles will add 10 to the room value, 20 in the case of flux and so on), then engraving will apply a quality modifier to each tile.

So simply smoothing do not add a great value to a room, while engraving it with high-level stone detailer can jmprove it a lot.
From what I had been led to believe was that the value of the wall is added to the room by default, but then smoothing it doubles the value, and engraving it multiplies the value of a wall by the standard value multiplier for the quality level of the engraving. "Room quality is determined by the total value of the room's floor and walls"- excerpt from the wiki which sounds to me like what I said.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 09:45:46 pm »

Thanks. Now I'm planning a small(4x4, include walls) tomb in the adamantine vein. Maybe it is not hard to reach royal quality after all. :P
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 10:34:12 pm »

Thanks. Now I'm planning a small(4x4, include walls) tomb in the adamantine vein. Maybe it is not hard to reach royal quality after all. :P
In my experience just a 3x3 room in flux stone engraved by a legendary+5 engraver is nearly enough to get the highest room quality. Multiply that by 150 (flux being worth two and adamantine being worth 300) and a novice engraver could manage it.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

LordUbik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 08:26:43 am »

From what I had been led to believe was that the value of the wall is added to the room by default, but then smoothing it doubles the value, and engraving it multiplies the value of a wall by the standard value multiplier for the quality level of the engraving. "Room quality is determined by the total value of the room's floor and walls"- excerpt from the wiki which sounds to me like what I said.

Yep! That's correct! I apologize!