Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: old AOS  (Read 12148 times)

blazing glory

Re: RTD: [Age of Strife]{OOC and Discussion thread}[Sign-ups here!]
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2014, 09:23:30 pm »

I deem this as a good time to repeat my question.

Also, is the lore section above faction lore meant to be empty?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: [Age of Strife]{OOC and Discussion thread}[Sign-ups here!]1 spot left!
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2014, 09:28:21 pm »

You see a young girl of around 14, maybe 15 years of age? She's unarmed, wearing a badly stained and visibly worn dark blue cloak over a thinning dark grey blouse and dark green skirt. There is a large brown leather bag slung across her shoulder, and it isn't empty, but isn't full or bulging either. She is carrying no obvious weapons, and her hood is up. Her hair is white and extends beyond her shoulders. It is mildly unkempt. There is a set of white-furred tails sticking out behind her back, though partly covered by the cloak they are far to large to keep hidden, and they actively flick about as she looks around, clearly alive.

She is near the entrance to the town, with road dust all over her, and is looking around anxiously. She seems to be actively avoiding letting anyone get to close to her, backing away when someone approaches and checking for people behind her often. she is overall rather jumpy and timid-looking.

"Um, does anyone here know where I can find a mage? Someone that knows magic? I need help. Any kind of magic-user will do. Please? Anyone?"

If you'd like to be paired with someone you do have to think up of a valid reason why the would travel together and how they met each other.
I figure it's simplest to simply RP it. better character development anyway.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: [Age of Strife]{OOC and Discussion thread}[Sign-ups here!]
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2014, 07:17:51 am »

ah, i meant to put the lore of some of the factions there which i've written already. It should be up within 5.

EDIT: Ah I've red it wrong. The lore tag is just a general header. It implies that anything beneath it is classified as lore. Steadily I will add new headers like kingdom lore, character lore,etc. as your characters discover new things. Of course I will also supply you with lore which you want to know, but it will be meta knowledge unless your character has somehow knowledge about it.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 07:21:14 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

blazing glory

« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2014, 07:43:56 am »

ah, i meant to put the lore of some of the factions there which i've written already. It should be up within 5.

EDIT: Ah I've red it wrong. The lore tag is just a general header. It implies that anything beneath it is classified as lore. Steadily I will add new headers like kingdom lore, character lore,etc. as your characters discover new things. Of course I will also supply you with lore which you want to know, but it will be meta knowledge unless your character has somehow knowledge about it.

Alright, it just looked a bit weird like there should've been some of the world's history or such there.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2014, 09:33:25 am »

Leo, being a deamonhunter, is someone Ahrian would actively avoid. too much potential for him to want to murder her.

Understandable, tho Leo is not really that fanatical.

I feel like my guy would be with Leo. My mentor would set up a deal or have him do a job with another guy, so that Ronald would have something of a net in case he messed up on his on-the-job training. Leo, as a former mercenary, would be the best guy here to give some pointers to Ron

Same here. RP away!

---

Leo Westerland dismounted Stranger and walked over to shake the hand of the man he would soon be working with.

He approached, eyes widening in surprise. He nodded, then opened his mouth. Then closed it. He wasn't sure what to say-"what's up with your skin?" He opened and closed his mouth again. They couldn't have looked more different...he wondered if the man came from the Icefields, or somewhere in the North? He had heard men living there had pale, cold skin. If so, Leo reasoned, he must look as strange to the stranger as the stranger looked to him-Leo was a well tanned young desert Lordling-albeit disinherited at the moment....

He didn't want to be rude. Leo had been a cruel young man once, in his own estimation, and he was trying to be a better person. Leo visibly straightened himself and spoke to the man in a cultured, diplomatic tone. He could only guess the man was a highly experienced warrior, with years of experience, and it was right to accord respect.

"...Well met sir! It's Mr. Bones, correct? I'm Leo Westerland...I suppose we're going to be partners? I admit, I was intrigued by your mentors letter, though it was lucky to have reached me-I've been busy lately...I've never worked with a Djinn Hunter before..."

He struck out his hand, in a friendly fashion.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 09:37:44 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2014, 04:53:43 pm »

On the side of the street, an unassuming man with a peculiar appearance sits atop a couple of wooden crates, his legs crossed and set upon the ground. He is engrossed within a book with a worn and dirtied cover, as if it has seen many hands over the years. His eyes are covered by a dark, fair-brimmed hat that keeps a circular shape and is raised in the center, much like a porkpie hat. Overall, his black-grey coat and clothes, pale complexion, and posture seem to ward off any potential conversation partners, though he does not seem to mind that at all. In fact, he seems to be rather content to not be bothered.

"Um, does anyone here know where I can find a mage? Someone that knows magic? I need help. Any kind of magic-user will do. Please? Anyone?"

The man raises his head slightly, not enough to make anyone notice, but enough to see just a little bit under his hat. His eyes fall upon a girl who is looking around and, apparently, is the source of the voice. To him, she seems to be like the orphans that he used to hang around with - dirty clothes, wandering look, a sense of constant fear. He recognized those traits well.
Yet, there was something... off. Of course, he was puzzled by the six tails, which he had never seen before in his time around the town. But there was something more than that. There was a sense of familiarity that was creeping up on him, and the air around him felt cold.

The sensation hit him like an explosion. He shut his eyes as he received infinitesimally small mental snapshots, one by one. An image of a gray-haired girl laughing, her innocent eyes and her circular glasses entrancing him. A muddy corridor and a shower of rain filling the dense night. A whimper and some soothing sounds coming from the man himself, trying to comfort someone. The feeling of another warm body next to him, an embrace that he had never known before.

And then the images shut off. He blinked several times and gasped silently, trying to process the visions that had attacked him. He looked back to the girl, this time paying more attention. She had piqued his attention, as there was something that was jolted inside of his mind when he judged her appearance. He carefully closed the book he was previously reading and slid it into a pocket within his coat. Waiting a few moments to recover his mood, he sat upright, uncrossed his legs, and lowered his head while addressing the girl softly.

"Hey, white-haired girl. You said that you need a magician?" He raised his eyes once again and calmly beckoned the girl over. He kept watching the streets, looking at the shadows and the corridors. He wanted to get out of the streets, as magic went into a gray area in these lower parts of the town. If he could not help the girl, at the very least he would be able to direct her to a better place to search for trustworthy magic users.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2014, 05:34:52 pm »

I would had applied - as I usually do when Mr.Zero comes up with a RtD - but I have been awfully busy and not taking proper care of the games I am already in.

@Lenglon: Are you familiar with Fate/Stay Night or any other part of the Fate series?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2014, 07:39:02 pm »

@ Cael, I've watched all of Fate/Stay Night and oddly enough Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya, am currently watching Fate/Unlimited Blade Works, and intend to watch Fate/Zero when I get the time.

((@ DAF, did you intend for Raph to get the tail-count wrong? visually they would blend in with each other and make it very hard to get an accurate count, especially since they're obscured and some are wrapping around each other rather than them being flared out, but the actual number is nine.))

She advances towards the speaker, approaching until just slightly outside his reach, and listens to him speak, staring at him intently, trying to gauge him.
"I, yes, um. I..."
She pauses for a moment, attempting to figure out what she was going to say.
"I... could... could you tell me who you are? I... I'm going to owe whoever helps me a... a lot. and I want to know you're trustworthy before I say more... Is that ok?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2014, 08:06:27 pm »

@Lenglon: Cool. I actually played the visual novel but didn't watch the whole anime since it both seemed to be lacking and a mix of the novel's routes, and that's despite the fact I got to discover the series by watching its first episode. Discounting the usual eroge shenanigans (which are rather awkward when they do pop up), it's a good story. I only read Zero's first chapters but I should catch up since it seemed interesting, and I did read one or two chapters of Prisma Illya before being badly oversillied.

I've been toying with the idea of running a forum game/RtD base on the setting for a while (over a year) now, though my current lack of free time does not allow me to have that much fun.

Also, now I'm struck by the mood of making a magus for this game. Too bad I'm late.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2014, 02:50:49 am »

I would had applied - as I usually do when Mr.Zero comes up with a RtD - but I have been awfully busy and not taking proper care of the games I am already in.

@Lenglon: Are you familiar with Fate/Stay Night or any other part of the Fate series?

I feel flattered.
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2014, 08:55:38 am »

Guys I totally forgot that this is the discussion thread  :-[ . Please head over to the RTD thread and do the rest of your RPING there.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 09:01:06 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: [Age of Strife]{OOC and Discussion thread}
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2014, 11:46:17 am »

Wouldja mind if I applied?

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2014, 02:04:16 pm »

Wouldja mind if I applied?

You can get on the reserved list, but unfortunately the players have already been chosen.
Durrr..

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2014, 03:12:49 pm »

Edited: No problem actually, just a bit of a communication delay.

Disregard!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 03:36:10 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

blazing glory

« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2014, 04:38:32 pm »

Did it miss something?

Am I meant to continue at an automatic rate along with the others?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7