Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: old AOS  (Read 12146 times)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: [Age of Strife]{OOC and Discussion thread}[Sign-ups here!]1 spot left!
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2014, 03:37:33 pm »

Communicating with the GM about some charsheet things via PM.

blazing glory

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2014, 10:07:33 am »

Maybe we could start with three?

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2014, 09:25:21 pm »

Making my guy right now. Gonna be finished tomorrow at the latest.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2014, 09:26:10 pm »

Name: Ronald Bones
Stats:
Strength/8
Dexterity/7
Intelligence/8
Constitution/10
Perception/7
Charisma/3

Appearance: A tall, well built man, his most noticeable feature is his Albinism, which makes his skin and hair snow white, and his piercing blue eyes. He has a rugged, stern face, saddled atop a well-muscled body, trained through years of coffin-making, corpse-burying, and grave-keeping. He has a weary look on his face, barely fazed by all but the most surprising and terrifying of circumstances. His face has mutton chop sideburns, and he dons a short Mohawk under his hat. He holds many scars from accidents at work and run-ins with grave-robbers and the undead, his most noticeable being a scared gash across his throat, which makes his voice gravelly and causing him to cough often.

Biography: An outcast due to his skin and his father's profession, the local townsfolk always steered clear of him, unnerved by what they believed to be a walking ghost, and some particularly bold townsfolk would taunt and tease him, in an attempt to get the beast to react to them or cause him to leave, and bid good riddance to the walking dead man. He once was saddened and angered by this treatment, but has now become resistant to this abuse, preferring to work with his mortician father than deal with that petty nonsense. He would ride along with his father, picking up those without graves to properly put them to rest, as all should be, no matter who it was.

The day he became a Witch Hunter was when the vengeful dead rose and reeked havoc on his town and grave. The angry dead all rose at once, and destroyed and maimed all they came across in an attempt to make right their own death. It was complete chaos, houses were burning, men were ripped to pieces and driven mad, and the mortician and son were caught in the crossfire, helpless to make the situation any better. They barred themselves in their workshop, in an attempt to ride through the storm, but the dead eventually found them, and drug them out to stand in front of their own made graves. While there, an odd thing happened. Unlike with the others, they hesitated, and bickered over how they should deal with these two. Some argued they were living, so they should die due to their affiliation with those who killed them. Others said they should live, because they were the only two to properly lay them to rest. Yet still, others said the mortician should die, but the son should live, because they believe he was one of them.

The bickering grew and grew, until violence broke out, and they began to fight and murder themselves over there fate. While this occurred, the mortician and son snuck away, and they almost escaped, if it weren't for one of the dead noticing them running away, and rallying his kind to chase after them and take them captive once again. The two went far, but in a twist of fate, a wild knife lodged itself in the mortician's leg, causing him to trip and fall. Before the son could register this, the dead quickly got to the two, and began to beat and slice into the two, overcome with rage.

It was then that the mercenaries came and laid waste to the horde, and it was a terrific war indeed. In the end, the undead were decimated, and the stragglers were taken to be executed individually. Ronald was mistaken as an undead, and the father, in his last bit of strength, pleaded to the mercenaries to spare him, spare his only son. They then learned he was living, and they casted him out, bruised and battered, and left him and his father to themselves. His father died from his wounds, with his strength sapped though the ordeal, leaving Ronald alone.

Ronald, after mourning, buried his father, and began to wander amidst the plains, dazed and disoriented, and losing blood quickly. He was on the verge of collapse, when he then met his savior. An old Witchhunter walked to the gravely wounded Ronald, and pointed his gun at his forehead, and began to think, should he kill this man, put him out of his mercy? "Who are you?" Said the Witchhunter. Ronald replied "I am Ronald, I have been wandering for hours, trying to find help, I am hurt". "Hours? The way you are now? Damn, you one tough wretch, that you are. How old are you?" "... I am 30. I worked with my father in a graveyard. I made the coffins and buried the men. They then rose, and I" "Shut up you. ... 30? That's a bit old. You may work, though, have the potential, anyway. Let's get ya fixed up, and let's see what you can do."

2 years, and much training later, Ronald has been tasked with a hunt. This is to be his final test. Should he pass, he gains the title Witchhunter, and the he truly begins his new calling. Hunt and slay monsters, so that no other man may have to go through the massacre he went through.

Class: Witchhunter
Perk: Stat Affinity (Constitution)
Skills: Competent
-Intimidation
-Carpentry
Novice
-Marksmanship
Gear:
•Scale [Hard Leather, Cloth, Scale] (Armor)
•Revolver, Short Blade [1h guns, 2h guns, blade weapons.](Weapon)
•Demonica Encyclopedia [](Rest)
•Bullet container[](Rest)
•5 magic bullets[Magic bullets](Ammunition)
-2 Golden Hollow point Sanctified Bullets
-1 Wooden Hollow point Putrid Bullet
-1 Steel armor penetrationg Incapacitation Bullet
--1 Vomit-Inducing Bullet
-1 Steel Hollow point Hellfire Bullet
•1 magic grenade[Grenades](Ammunition)
-1 Wooden Hellfire Grenade
•20 steel bullets[Bullets](Ammunition)

« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 01:12:28 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2014, 07:42:58 pm »

My page has been edited to reflect some class changes agreed upon by the GM.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2014, 08:58:05 pm »

Sign-ups will end next week wednesday, 00:00 GMT +1. Selection will be done the following day, with Thu,Fri,Sat,Sun being spend on the introductions of the chosen characters. So far the following people have signed up.

Durrr..

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2014, 10:44:13 pm »

Edited Bio
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

blazing glory

« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2014, 11:21:04 pm »

Edit's done 'cause Vindicators don't remain unknown for long unless they do something about it.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2014, 01:03:41 pm »

My bio's finished, and I changed some things on my stats and armor. Also blazing glory, I want to see you dual wield two battleaxes, that would be awesome.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 01:05:15 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

blazing glory

« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2014, 08:34:02 pm »

Also blazing glory, I want to see you dual wield two battleaxes, that would be awesome.  ;D

I thought about it but decided against it, mostly because I had failed to leave the word ambidextrous in the backstory, and having a giant shield could be useful, and it doesn't matter how well I can use it, being clad in heavy plate armor must count for something when dual wielding, at least information wise, gameplay wise it wouldn't make a difference but whatever.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2014, 06:19:24 pm »

Alright lads (and gals), it's picking time. Since there seem to be only 5 applicants, the selection is rather slim. As such I've decided to allow all 5 of the applicants to participate in the RTD, instead of 4 players. May god have mercy on me.

To continue, I will be writing the intro of the characters of where they currently are, what led them there, etc. However there's one thing that I must know beforehand. If any of the players wish to group themselves with other players then please say so, otherwise I will assume that you are traveling as a lonely pc (with maybe some NPC's). If you'd like to be paired with someone you do have to think up of a valid reason why the would travel together and how they met each other.

Durrr..

blazing glory

« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2014, 06:53:54 pm »

Alone, it wouldn't really suit Katriane to be travelling with others, unless circumstances demand it.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2014, 06:59:21 pm »

I feel like my guy would be with Leo. My mentor would set up a deal or have him do a job with another guy, so that Ronald would have something of a net in case he messed up on his on-the-job training. Leo, as a former mercenary, would be the best guy here to give some pointers to Ron
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2014, 07:36:19 pm »

Ahrian is actively looking to group up with someone, probably a mage-type? someone that can keep her supplied with mana.
Lenglon is fine with Ahrian being grouped up or solo, and any class is equally fine. in some ways a non-mage-type would be better because their roles would support each other without too much overlap.

Reading Bios, Raphael seems like a good teammate, followed by Ronald, then Katrine. Leo, being a deamonhunter, is someone Ahrian would actively avoid. too much potential for him to want to murder her.
and reading what blazing glory wrote, Katrine's out too...
and Ronald is / might be grouping with Leo, so removing him...

Hey DAF, how would Raphael react to Ahrian asking to partner with him?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2014, 08:34:18 pm »

Ahrian is actively looking to group up with someone, probably a mage-type? someone that can keep her supplied with mana.
Lenglon is fine with Ahrian being grouped up or solo, and any class is equally fine. in some ways a non-mage-type would be better because their roles would support each other without too much overlap.

Reading Bios, Raphael seems like a good teammate, followed by Ronald, then Katrine. Leo, being a deamonhunter, is someone Ahrian would actively avoid. too much potential for him to want to murder her.
and reading what blazing glory wrote, Katrine's out too...
and Ronald is / might be grouping with Leo, so removing him...

Hey DAF, how would Raphael react to Ahrian asking to partner with him?
Hmm. It could happen, although there would have to be some arrangement as to when and why Ahrian and Raphael meet and decide to join together. Raphael isn't exactly the most social or trusting of people, but it is definitely possible.

If you want, we could discuss the details in PM or with the GM.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7