Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: old AOS main  (Read 18431 times)

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: [Age of Strife][Chapter 2][Turn 2: The hills have eyes]
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2015, 09:18:02 am »

Baro have a wife? If he does, ask her if she knows of any strange animals, or wizard types, that may be in this region, and ask her if she can show me the animal tracks.

If not, look for the village head and ask him about any wizard types.

We also found some large animal footprints north of our village, we think that some beast wandered of the Terjan Wilds and crossed the river. But you will have to ask him."

((I wouldn't quote the mention of the animal tracks but since the breeder's name changed from Tamar to Baro I thought I might as well go ahead in case you might've forgotten.))

Oh shit, I used the wrong name. It's alright though, used it once in your prologue. Changed it to Baro now. Also, I actually wanted to have your conv go for longer but my sudden dissapearance didn't make it happen. So you can ask a couple of questions and I will give answers to them without the RP part unless you want it. If so, it will be given at a later frame.
Since I didn't finish it, and you probably feel it as well, I don't want to leave you sitting with little to no information which you actually would have gotten if you had the rp happen.

To start off about his wife. He doesn't have one. She died 3 years ago and hasn't remarried so far.
Durrr..

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2015, 09:20:29 am »

I looked at the rock lizard things, and mused to myself. "I want one. Can they be pets?

Leo paused from sharpening his dagger with a whetsone.

"If you want a pet that grows as heavy as a boulder, and never stops eating, sure. Don't worry-if you feed it, it'll never stop following you-they somehow can learn how to tell one person from another, maybe from the sound of your footsteps, I guess.

And, they are good eating, if catch my drift. Flip one over, and pry off it's underparts and scoop out this greasy ball of white meat-you have to cook it really well, but murker meat is pretty tasty if you have the right spices, and about a day to stew it up right. It can make you sick if you're not careful...

I wonder what they're doing here, though...supposing normal animals don't like Demons either, I guess...they seemed cold, gathering around fire like that...and bigger than usual. Maybe just a regional cousin? Or something else...I've got a bad feeling about what these things have been eating."

He goes back to whetting his blade.

Action: We move on to our objective, yes? Maybe after Salsa takes a pet.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2015, 03:23:09 pm »

I smiled, and took a small ration, and got the biggest one's attention. "Hey there, buddy. Got some food. Come on, let's go on an adventure!"
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2015, 03:40:13 pm »

((At school right now, will read and edit this post soon.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2015, 11:42:29 pm »

That evening in our room:

"Zech, what do we do?"
I look up at him hopefully.

((Wrong character, it's Raphael.))

Raphael walks over to the jug of water and takes a nice drink from it, sighing with relief after putting it down. While rummaging through his stuff, he talks to you and explains some of the obvious and not-so-obvious:
"Welp, looks like we've attracted some attention by swatting the flies around here. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that they're gonna be coming for us during the night. Now, the question is whether or not we want them to fight us or for us to fight them."

He continues to look through his supplies before stopping and realizing the vagueness of his statement. Correcting this, he continues to further build upon his last statements: "What I mean is that we would be in for an ugly fight if we let them come to this room, even if we were prepared. It would be better to either take the fight to them or to have one of us on night guard to make a quick escape."

Raphael plops down on the bend, stretching himself out in the form of a "Y". "At any rate, I recommend that we not get comfortable here. We should have everything ready to go in case we need to leave in an instant. If we're going to stay here, I'll be first on the night watch. I'll wake you up when it's your turn."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2015, 11:45:40 pm »

((Wrong character, it's Raphael.))
((oops! fixed))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2015, 11:47:47 pm »

"I... supoooooose..... but I mean what do we do next? I mean, do we just leave or... I don't know..."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2015, 02:01:43 am »

"Wellll," Raphael says while pulling his knees closer to his body, "I think the answer is pretty simple here. I don't like people who oppress, not one bit. On that count alone, I'd probably send them all to hell by myself. Not only that, though, but they just had to cross the line and attack us both to try and steal you away. That's not gonna fly with me. So I say that we wait for the mornin' and see what comes out of it. If they decide to sleep the night away, then we'll attack on our own terms. If they attack us at night, we'll use that to be our chance for revenge. And to help these villagers out, of course."

"So, what about it? You in for it, or am I going to have to see them bleed by myself?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2015, 02:07:11 am »

While Raph speaks, I walk over to the water jug and drink about a third of it, then sit down cross-legged on the floor with it resting in my lap.
"They won't attack, the villagers will. from fear. Do we bleed them? How do we find the bad guy?"
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 02:24:25 am by Lenglon »

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2015, 08:16:19 am »

I smiled, and took a small ration, and got the biggest one's attention. "Hey there, buddy. Got some food. Come on, let's go on an adventure!"

You walk over to the biggest one and rub the rocks. Carefully he looks at whats touching him and notices you and the food you are holding. He intently stares at you until he carefully decides to shuffle forward. This does not go unnoticed as some of his kin also see the food and try to close in and take a bite.
Though, the big one plans to defend his food and thus hisses and smashes himself at his smaller kin. The smaller lizards stand no chance as they are hurled aside and have pieces of their shell broken. 2 minutes later, after lots of hissing and rockbashing, the other lizards decide to let go of this snack and huddle back to the fire.

Satisfied the lizard walks up and with glistening eyes looks at the food you are holding. You split it up in two and give him a piece. Clumsily he drops the piece to the ground, but it makes no difference as he still munches it up. He looks around if you've dropped something else, so you handfeed it this time. He chomps down on it and you quickly let go to avoid getting bit.

He finishes and makes a strange tjirp sound. You walk away a bit to see if it succeeded. The lizard starts following you. Great seems you've tamed him so long as you keep giving him food. You are not sure if you can learn it any tricks though, but giving it a name would be handy.
Durrr..

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2015, 12:38:29 pm »

"Well, that would certainly be a problem," Raphael says, sighing. "I'd think that the bandits would have a certain area where they keep their headquarters, apart from the villagers. The only way we'd be able to find it without attracting attention would be to leave in the middle of the night and search for them before they search for us. Frankly, though, I'm kinda tired right now.

"How about this: we sleep off a third of the night or so. Assuming we don't get jumped, we'll leave and go prowling around for these idiots. After we get rid of the bandits, we might be able to get the support of the villagers - unless they're all absolute jerks, of course, but I'm not counting on that."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2015, 01:43:19 pm »

"I'm pretty tired too, and we don't even know where to start looking. Do you really think. you. can. find. them. in the. dark. like. that?"
while speaking, I set the water jug aside, and get up and walk over to the table, and my later words are punctuated by me tugging on it and slowly moving it over to the door.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2015, 03:01:22 pm »

Raphael put his head on his hands while watching Ahrian move the jug. "Heh, the easiest part of that all is finding them in the dark. It's knowing where to start that's the problem." He mulls it over in his head before finally sighing and putting his hands up. "Alright, fine. We'll get a good night's rest, the both of us. We're still doing the night watch thing, though. I'm not letting us get killed in our sleep.

You get some rest first, though. Like I said, I'll wake you when it's your time. In the morning, if we're not dead, we'll check the town out and see if we can find the baddies."

Barricade any remaining entry points and have my gear ready to go in case of attack. Leave one window open to allow me to see during the night. Assuming we get any sleep, wake Ahrian about four to five hours in to have her watch for the rest of the night. Get some sleep myself after she wakes up.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2015, 04:57:58 pm »

"Okay, sleepie-time it is then."
I drag the blanket off my bed and hide under it to change into an oversized shirt to sleep in. afterwards I throw it and myself back on the bed and curl up to sleep...
followed by getting up out of bed again, drinking some more water, and then getting back in to sleep...
followed by getting up again, this time looking for someplace to pee, and with the door blocked...
I spend a few moments looking around, then head for the window.

if Raph doesn't interfere: then I'm going to be opening the window, and looking around to see if there is anyone outside where they could see me. then I hop down, reducing gravity near the end for a safe landing, then run over to a secluded spot, either an actual outhouse or simply around to the side or back of the building, and relieve myself. I'll then hop back up to the window and re-secure it behind me. Once I'm done I go to bed, this time actually for the final time.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 10:09:54 pm by Lenglon »

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2015, 06:19:55 am »

Baro have a wife? If he does, ask her if she knows of any strange animals, or wizard types, that may be in this region, and ask her if she can show me the animal tracks.

If not, look for the village head and ask him about any wizard types.

We also found some large animal footprints north of our village, we think that some beast wandered of the Terjan Wilds and crossed the river. But you will have to ask him."

((I wouldn't quote the mention of the animal tracks but since the breeder's name changed from Tamar to Baro I thought I might as well go ahead in case you might've forgotten.))

You walk back to the village and ask around for their village head. They point you to a large wooden/straw house that stands out among the rest. There you speak with Lissander, the village head. He tells you that there was one circle mage that used to live around here, but when he failed to create his work he dissapeared. Lissander couldn't remember his name as he usually secluded himself and lived outside the village at the nearby mountain slope.

You also asked about his 'work', all Lissander could tell that it had to do with what the scholars call: "Manipulation of Space and time or spacetime for short." He had no idea what it included but there were never any troubles just that there were periods of time where item dissapeared. Sometimes days inbetween and sometimes months, they disregarded is as petty thievery since quite a lot people pass trough here underway to the fortress and they caught one once.

Durrr..
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7