Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Extraterrestrial Defense Department- Nation management during invasion  (Read 5372 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Extraterrestrial Defense Department- Nation management during invasion
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2014, 01:42:19 pm »

The single means that its single berrel, you could get a quadmounted 30mm cannon for about 5pp.

As for the rest, production lines.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2014, 01:10:07 am »

Bump and PTW. Oh hey, you took the advice I gave you on running a game! (Not sure if good thing or not :P)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2014, 01:37:31 am »

ptw
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2014, 07:01:52 am »

Working on final things now, sorry for wait.

Its ready, finally.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 07:24:49 am by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2014, 07:41:36 am »

Its ready, finally.
You should really announce that sort of thing in a separate post (or it won't shop up in SNRtYP)
reading now.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2014, 07:43:42 am »

Yes, but double posting is annoying.
Highly Opinionated Fool

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2014, 07:48:23 am »

Let's analyze that battle armor for weak points and Class Bs for possible vital organs. In the background, look up what designs we have for anti-material rifles. We'll need to know what we're dealing with, before we build them, but it never hurts to have an example to work off of.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2014, 12:23:10 pm »

I'd also suggest we see if we can learn their language from the technical aliens, and begin reverse-engineering the armor, however possible.

Reverse-engineer the rifles and PDWs, as well, preferably, but that's not a priority yet.

Also, for the UFO, figuring out how it works and what we could use to retrofit our CAT/Cs with so we could detect them would be nice.

Finally, as it is cold war era and this is a weapons design game, we need to research something ridiculous as well, because they did it in real life so why not? So, begin research on gyrojets, since they could actually end up being useful.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2014, 12:42:39 pm »

I'd also suggest we see if we can learn their language from the technical aliens, and begin reverse-engineering the armor, however possible.
Dead aliens tell no tales.
[Description of Class Bs being resistant to small arms] All enemy combatants of this type where killed via fire from the gunships dispatched. There where also a pair of smaller combatants who where found dead on arrival, seemingly from cannon fire during aerial combat.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2014, 01:12:08 pm »

Bah. Then compile possible written language-stuff from the equipment, especially the armor and UFO.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2014, 08:20:05 pm »

PTW

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2014, 10:57:17 am »

Quote from: a1s
Analyze battle armor for weak points
Analyze Class Bs for vital organs
Find designs for anti-material rifles
Quote from: Rolepgeek
Reverse engineer Type One
Reverse engineer Type Three
Start work on takeing appart UFO
Gyrojets.
Compile written language things

Generic orders are given out, which cause some logistical messups, but of no matter. The Council starts thinking about seriously limiting your resources to fix this in future.

Anyways. Autopsies are preformed on the Class As and Class Bs. Their basic genetic code is similar enough to assume they evolved in the same area, but there their simalarities end. Class As appear to have eveoled in an aquatic enviroment while Class B's appear to have evolved on land, Class B's appear to have multible sets of organs, and then there are the ovious diffrences with apperince, mussle mass, etc. Class Bs appear, like humans, to be most vulnerable in the joints, where veins and similar are close to the surface and, unlike humans, have a series of large bony plates on the skull. Most worryingly, these combatants seem able to heal remarkibly quickly, there is hardly any damage from the crash apparrent.

Work on the battle armor progressed aswell. Largly constructed of ceramic laced with a ferrous alloy yet unknown, this armor is stronger than anything we can construct and still be able to wear. It also appears to be weakist at the joints, although it is apparrent that massive ammounts of work was done to limit this weakness. The helmet is possibly one of the strongest pieces, and appears to have no visor, or even a screen.

Reverse enginering samples of their weaponry (Type Ones and Type Threes) hasnot gone well, and little has been learned except that they appear to be some sort of projectile weapon made out of ferrous alloy, with ceramic bits.

Meanwhile, workers have started takeing appart the UFO, yielding massive ammounts of ceramic, almost no metal, some crystal, and a pair of engines. The crafts computers have yet to be found, as have the flight instruments. Indeed, our designers are completly flumuxed on how the craft was piloted.

When the mention of anti-Material rifles for our troops was raised to the military and the weapons designers, one of them pointed out that we still had a few AT rifles bought at the end of the second world war from various areas, the solothurn S-18/100. A grand total of eight of these are in stock, and no troops are trained to use them. also, no safe stocks of 20x105mm rounds exist, and the guns themselves may be unsafe. Our engineers think that they can easily make more of both, and the military thinks training should go fairly well.

When we asked our engineers about Gyrojets they threw things.

During all these events (covering a week) all sips at sea where recalled and what submearines we had in dock where sent out to various nations to see what happened. They should be back in about... two weeks.

The aliens havent done much, they appear content to fly overhead where we cant do anything if we wanted to, and we have kept things stored away in the meantime.

Spoiler: AT rifle (click to show/hide)

Yah, I think I am gonna limit you guys a bit... Suggest things while I get it ready...
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 11:51:26 am by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2014, 02:01:55 pm »

Update.
Highly Opinionated Fool

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2014, 02:36:01 pm »

Update.
what was the update?

Also, should we produce things every turn? how much PP do we have?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2014, 02:37:55 pm »

Look up.

As for PP, currently unlimited, shortly to be severely limited.

And now limited.

Spoiler: Falcilities assigned (click to show/hide)

You can still get things made by the rest of the place, jsut ask, but these are for things that you need done fast, or prototypes.
Likewise, you can get more people assigned, again, ask.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 03:31:40 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5