Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 57

Author Topic: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Game Over! Town, Town-Ally, and Survivor Victory!  (Read 110400 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Day Five: 6/13 Remain
« Reply #720 on: January 23, 2015, 03:10:14 pm »

Deathsword, I was going to use my last ability on TDS to prove that I had it, but I understand if you want me on watch. Can you please post your flavor text?
I did already, but here it is (paraphrased, of course): PVT Donald Jackson, U. S. Army, 1st Infantry Division. I was one of the first to set foot in Omaha beach.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: January 23, 2015, 03:13:45 pm »

Until TheDarkStar tells us his EXACT role, and his flavor text, I am voting for him.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: January 23, 2015, 04:09:31 pm »

Seriously? I claimed my full role and flavortext a long time ago. "Basically" means that it's vanilla townie in all but name (the name being PVT Jefferson Warren of the 1st Infantry Division).

Where I claimed.

As for the flavortext:

I enlisted out of a sense of patriotic duty and was deployed to England immediately upon leaving boot camp.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: January 23, 2015, 04:20:48 pm »

Seriously? I claimed my full role and flavortext a long time ago. "Basically" means that it's vanilla townie in all but name (the name being PVT Jefferson Warren of the 1st Infantry Division).

Where I claimed.

As for the flavortext:

I enlisted out of a sense of patriotic duty and was deployed to England immediately upon leaving boot camp.
So you have nothing to say about this post?
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: January 23, 2015, 04:38:59 pm »

Where I claimed.

As for the flavortext:

So you have nothing to say about this post?

I'll post more later when I have time, but I'll say now that the statistical analysis in his post is based off a gut feeling, and that doesn't make it correct. A chi-square test gives a 75% chance that they are not made up by anyone.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: January 23, 2015, 07:03:06 pm »

Comrade Shamrock, Deathsword, and Mastahcheese, please give your opinions about this theory:

Deus Asmoth is mafia, and he has been pretending to be cop in order to get town lynched (such as caz) and get the town to trust other mafia members (such as TDS) This would imply that DA and TDS are both scum which would bring the grand total up to 4/13 or about 31%. This is normally a pretty high amount of mafia, but perhaps, as a balancer, 4MaskWolf gave the mafia a limited number of shots. This would explain the 2 nights where the mafia didn't get a kill.

What do you think about that?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Day Four: Another One Bites The Dust
« Reply #726 on: January 23, 2015, 07:58:26 pm »

More evidence
Town is so doomed. :-\

Tiruin said the town was doomed. Now he could be serious because he knew there were several mafia left, or he could just be tricking us. But if he is telling the truth, I would assume there were several mafia left at the time of his death. This is all speculation though.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 23, 2015, 07:58:30 pm »

Comrade Shamrock, Deathsword, and Mastahcheese, please give your opinions about this theory:

Deus Asmoth is mafia, and he has been pretending to be cop in order to get town lynched (such as caz) and get the town to trust other mafia members (such as TDS) This would imply that DA and TDS are both scum which would bring the grand total up to 4/13 or about 31%. This is normally a pretty high amount of mafia, but perhaps, as a balancer, 4MaskWolf gave the mafia a limited number of shots. This would explain the 2 nights where the mafia didn't get a kill.

What do you think about that?
Why would he reveal Tiruin though? Bussing is one thing, but outright revealing a teammate is absurd. It's also the kind of absurd bullshit move I'd try to pull off if I was in the scum team. Which makes me consider that it might have happened at some point here.

unvote

I need to think. But I propose one thing though: If we end up not lynching Deus, I want to be inspected this night.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 23, 2015, 08:03:49 pm »

I just don't know why the mafia haven't knocked Deus off yet. Seems like it would have been a logical choice a while back.

Unvote This is going to take a long time to figure out. Good thing we have the weekend.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: January 23, 2015, 08:30:10 pm »

Here is a list of all character so far and their roles/claims:

TheDarkStar-Vanilla Townie
Caz-Vanilla Townie
Persus13-Vanilla Townie
Deathsword-Vanilla Townie
MastahcheeseVanilla Townie
Comrade Shamrock-triplevoter
TolyK-Cop
Deus Asmoth-Cop
Silthuri/origamiscienceguyJOAT
Vivalas-Vigilante
Scripten-Outsider
Tiruin-Mafia
flabort-Mafia

After seeing this, I absolutely am positive that there is at least one more mafia in the game. Also, I noticed that there are a whole lot of Vanilla Townies, almost 50%! This leads me to believe that one of the mafia is hiding as a Vanilla Townie. Either TheDarkStar, Deathsword, or Mastahcheese. I am not going to accuse anybody until I read some more conversations.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: January 23, 2015, 08:39:42 pm »

OSG: Why do you classify yourself by your powers (jack) rather than your wincon (survivor)?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: January 23, 2015, 08:43:23 pm »

I sorted everybody by power instead of wincon, unless I didn't know their powers.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: January 23, 2015, 09:21:08 pm »

origamiThere are a lot of reasons why the town mightn't have decided to kill of yet. You've brought a few of them up yourself, and they're all subject to WIFOM.

As regards your idea of using your power, no. I'm not going to waste a night looking at someone I've already investigated to see if you have a power that the scum in all likelihood also have.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: January 23, 2015, 09:39:42 pm »

eh, I figured that would be the case. Either way, it looks like i'm gonna be lookout so it won't matter anyways.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: January 23, 2015, 09:42:34 pm »

origamiThere are a lot of reasons why the town mightn't have decided to kill of yet. You've brought a few of them up yourself, and they're all subject to WIFOM.
Nice wording there. Why would the town decide to kill you off?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 57