Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 57

Author Topic: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Game Over! Town, Town-Ally, and Survivor Victory!  (Read 110353 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Day Four: Another One Bites The Dust
« Reply #600 on: January 20, 2015, 09:02:44 am »

then is seen visiting someone who dies,
Actually, the only person who was seen last night was Deus. The lookout didn't see me at all.
I freely volunteered he information that I targeted Persus.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 20, 2015, 09:23:12 am »

What if you didn't?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 20, 2015, 09:23:40 am »

@DA I'm PVT Joseph Renner of the 1st infantry division. My role is Rogue Soldier, Town-ally ( see the town win the game)

(Night) Kill[target]. So yeah, I'm the vig.  However I have refrained from using my night ability since I don't have high enough suspicions of certain people, and vig can be more bad then good.
What's your flavour? Why didn't you kill Deathsword, who you clearly are suspicious of?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 20, 2015, 09:45:30 am »

Placing my vote on Vivalas for the reason I stated earlier.
I've noticed that now that more votes are being put on him, the more he seems to be here. ._.

Vivalas: Other people are already asking questions that I want to hear, too. But let's go back to the lookout bit.
Why is hiding better? Why would you be putting your own safety over the odds of helping to catch scum?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 20, 2015, 10:03:03 am »

Quick question: we should be told upon entering LYLO or MYLO, right?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 20, 2015, 10:08:18 am »

Unless we lynch scum, I think this is correct.
The Derail Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 20, 2015, 10:09:30 am »

Sorry, I thought you were asking if we would be in that state, not if we would be told of such. Ignore me.
The Derail Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 20, 2015, 10:11:43 am »

*Looks back at the OP*

Oh, do we not actually know how many scum there are? I thought it said somewhere that there were 3.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 20, 2015, 10:14:33 am »

Unfortunate Accident Voting:
mastahcheese(1): flabort
TheDarkStar(0):
Deathsword(1): Vivalas
Vivalas(3): mastahcheese, origamiscienceguy, Deus Asmoth
origamiscienceguy(0):
flabort(0):
Comrade Shamrock(0):
Deus Asmoth(0):
No Lynch(0):
Not Voting: TheDarkStar, Deathsword, Comrade Shamrock

Lookout Voting:
mastahcheese(0):
TheDarkStar(3): origamiscienceguy, flabort, Deus Asmoth
Deathsword(0):
Vivalas(0):
origamiscienceguy(0):
flabort(0):
Comrade Shamrock(0):
Deus Asmoth(0):
Not Voting: mastahcheese, TheDarkStar, Deathsword, Vivalas, Comrade Shamrock

Current Lynch Target: Vivalas
Current Lookout Target: TheDarkStar

You will not be informed, no.

*Looks back at the OP*

Oh, do we not actually know how many scum there are? I thought it said somewhere that there were 3.
I don't believe I said anywhere how many scum there are.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 20, 2015, 10:39:03 am »

Pfp

I wonder what a NQT style reads analysis would turn up now.
Or a vote analysis.

Vivalas Why didn't you have any suspicions of anyone? Not suspecting anyone is often very suspicious itself.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 20, 2015, 12:51:02 pm »

20+ pages have I endured to deliver this post.[/sarcasm] Please point out anything relevant I may have missed.

So addressing a few D2 things because I pretty much dropped about midway through it, and Vivalas brought them up recently.

(also thanks to flarbot for fixing mine and Vivalas' quote trainwreck that day)

3.Because I missed the TolyK post earlier on. I felt like doing RVS being my first post of the game, why are you so inclined against pitting me against Scripten and Perseus?
I was not inclined to pit you against anyone, despite what you may be inclined to believe.

Deathsword: Why is your response even more aggressive to my attack on TolyK, then TolyK was himself? Perhaps my attack on him raised scrutiny, but now that Caz has been alleged  scum, I seem to wonder if Caz's scrutiny of TolyK's aggressive response was not in the best interest of the town, and am losing scrutiny of TolyK.
Aggressive behaviour is good on mafia. If you are not aggressive, and thus passive, you'll get nothing out of no one. Furthermore, at the time I was wary of the multiple cop claims and thus had doubts Caz was truly scum (and turns out that Caz wasn't).

Why did you conveniently not answer my questions? Did you not answer my questions, to get me to answer yours? Do you think that not holding up expectations you hold to others is the correct way to solve problems? I think perhaps the more mature response would of been to answer my questions, then ask why I didn't answer yours, unless of course you might think answering my questions would not be in your best interest.
I see no questions prior to the post I'm quoting that I did not answer. Every single time I accused you of not answering or dodging a question, I provided quotes of said questions.

Do you think that TolyK is scum? (Yes/No answer please)
I did not at the time this was relevant. Mind you, my read then on TolyK was neutral.

Vivalas your whole "case" one me is based on ONE post directed to me after I started having health problems. Your vote right now is based on the fact that I did not answer a few weak questions on D2, questions that seem to be borne, based on your wording and attitude, on the fact that in D1 I pressed you to answer questions. You have pointed ZERO scum behaviour on my part, while you yourself continues to alternate between lurking and active-lurking. At the end of D2 you suddenly pop to life to make a single weak vote on Caz, thus joining the bandwagon. You are lazy scum or an anti-town third party, and I'd very much like to see your flip.

And before anyone accuses me of tunelling, that is pretty much my MO. I am not ignoring the rest of the players, mind you, but I find it more efficient to focus on one until either they are dead or do not seem scummy any more. And Vivalas has yet to look less scummy to me.

Silthuri, Deathsword, Persus, what do you all think of this double cop double miller situation?
Outdated question, but answer still: I didn't believe there was a scum player who could incriminate others at the time, hence my suspicion that one of the (or both) cops might have been fakeclaimers. My behaviour at D3 start also reflected that. With Tiruin dead, though, it seems at least Deus is indeed a cop and I have no current suspicions about them.

Deathsword (no obvious, dedicated scum-hunting from you. (Correct me if I'm wrong))
If you look at D1 and the first half of D2, you'll see I did a pretty comprehensive case on Vivalas then. I had to drop after that for health reasons.

Deathsword: Why you no vote?
Cuz I was read. I vote now.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 20, 2015, 02:32:20 pm »

Vivalas
@DA I'm PVT Joseph Renner of the 1st infantry division. My role is Rogue Soldier, Town-ally ( see the town win the game)
Is town ally even a thing? Wouldn't it make sense just to make you a regular townie. A town ally is just town by another name so no point in coming up with the alignment type. Maybe if you had some sort of secondary wincon it might make sense but I see no mention of one.

Also given Flabort's claim as to the results of his millerhood. He said he could show up as mafia ally. Maybe one is actually in the game and it's you or maybe you hoped to copy Flabort and get out of being executed by claiming something unusual.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 20, 2015, 03:22:54 pm »

Deus Asmoth, do you know who you will be investigating this night? (I don't want to know who, I just want to know if you know who.)
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 20, 2015, 03:31:13 pm »

OSG, yeah, I have a fair idea. The roleflip at the end of the day will obviously influence it, though.

flabort, why didn't you use your protect ability on one of the cops during N2? Are you planning on killing/protecting someone tonight?

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 20, 2015, 03:36:47 pm »

Flabort:
Did you get flavour for Persus? If so what?

Also my mistake missed the part where it was a past list.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 57