Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 57

Author Topic: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Game Over! Town, Town-Ally, and Survivor Victory!  (Read 110349 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Day Four: Another One Bites The Dust
« Reply #585 on: January 19, 2015, 02:31:21 pm »

Comrade Shamrock, why haven't you moved your vote off me?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 19, 2015, 08:11:52 pm »

Unvote
Comrade Shamrock, why haven't you moved your vote off me?
Because I went offline before he posted his revelation and just got on now. Don't get your knickers in a twist.

What do you think about other less-active people like Vivalas?

Well he has put some content in each post of his. I know I said that I found him scummy earlier but I think some of it can be attributed to being new. He seems to try and make each post count meanwhile a lot of yours seemed to be one liners offering a general observation.

Deathsword has been chasing Viv. While I don't like it I can see where he's coming from. But again he hasn't made much of an effort to find anyone outside of Viv suspicious.

But they have each tried to do something.

Flabort:
Explain why you say you trust me tentatively but rank higher on the town list the TDS.

So that's three people I can for sure trust, Deus, TDS, and Myself. Shamrock, I trust tentatively.

Most Scummy as of last reads
Mastahcheese
Oragamiscienceguy
Vivalas
Deathsword
TDS
CS
DA
Least Scummy
Mistake?

We have possibly linked Mein Kampf and related papers to the framer. What does this point to in terms of you?

Deus:
There is something very suspicious going on with our lookouts. Or else we're just very unlucky.

In any case, TDS is town, though he did steal someone else's cigarettes. From the results I got off Caz and Tiruin I think we can assume that I'm not insane or paranoid, and the flavour discrepancy between Caz's role and my findings would indicate the evidence planting is going on.

Shamrock, flabort, opinions on the above?
As you said unless the mafia possess a godfather ability in TDS we can trust it.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 19, 2015, 08:28:11 pm »

Mustacheese If you didn't keep watch, and just picked a random person that you "saw" get investigated, your mafia teammates, if you have any, could say that they were the one who performed the action on flabort. This would make them seem much less scummy, since they performed an action on someone, but didn't kill them.
*Shrugs*
I suppose that'd be a possibility. Personally, I don't think I'd put that much faith into a gambit like that, particularly that early in the game, but I'm the one defending myself here, so my opinion on it isn't really purposeful there.

*Looks at the votecount*

We're screwed.

Our votes are all over the frelling place, with nobody on the block.
The day is getting too close to ending to be this indecisive, because scum could easily swing-vote someone to death at the last second.

Since I'm the only one finding flabort suspicious, and I don't see that changing any time soon, Unvote.
I'm coming after you tomorrow, though.

That leaves the three people with votes on them right now as me, Deathsword, and Vivalas.
Voting myself is stupid. Vivalas is voting Deathsword, and while DS is chasing Viv, he's not actually voting at all.

Deathsword: Why you no vote?

Also, TDS and DA (and CS, now that he's unvoted): What are your thoughts on the vote distribution right now?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 19, 2015, 08:40:02 pm »

I agree with your sentiments. Frankly, I'm surprised that the scum team didn't capitalise on the vote spread yesterday to lynch someone useful. Presumably they either thought the extend was going through, or the scum team besides Tiruin were already pushing for a lynch on someone (from there it would follow that origami is scum, assuming Shamrock and flabort weren't just killing their partner for the hell of it).

Out of the two that currently have votes on them (DS and Vivalas), I'm more inclined to believe that Vivalas is scum.

Vivalas, what's your role?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 19, 2015, 09:00:50 pm »

ShamrockWhere is that mistake? I don't see a mistake in where you quoted. I have 3 I can trust for sure, I trust you a bit too, and that was the order that I felt was most/least scummy last time I posted my reads, which was on day 2. On day 2 TDS was not confirmed. Which is why I promised to produce a revised reads list.

That said, New reads list!

Most Scummy
Mastahcheese: Still don't believe that he could be a vanilla towny; the possibility, while it exists, is really slim. Saying that "Patton" himself, who I think I know of from ACreed3, requested the transfer; isn't that the wrong war? Well, it just seems like it's to fake plausibility, I don't think anyone else recieved a personal transfer. It would make more sense for it to be Allen. Since, you know, his name is in the OP as the head of the Division.
Deathsword: Who's this guy? Seriously, it seems I overlooked him again. Yeah, he canceled his replacement, and claimed vanilla, but...?
Vivilas: Activity seems to be dropping, like he wants to escape notice now. Said I killed Persus, when I investigated Persus instead.
OragamiScienceGuy: Activity is pretty good after replacement, asks plenty of questions and is always able to answer them.
Comrade Shamrock: Pretty darned trustworthy, asks the right questions, and very observant.
Deus: Not a paranoid cop, found and killed Tiruin,
TheDarkStar: Confirmed to be town by Deus
Flabort: Is me, who can I trust more?
Least Scummy

Deathsword: Please make some sort of post. Even if you're working with incomplete information because you didn't finish reading, can you vote and post reads?

PPE: Deus: How would it "follow that origami is scum"? I'm not seeing the leap in logic there right now.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 19, 2015, 09:29:43 pm »

flabort: I worded that kind of poorly, yeah. What I meant was that if the scumteam didn't switch votes onto the people that had one vote on them at the end of day three because they were already voting for someone (and we know that Perseus was town and everyone else who voted on day three killed Tiruin), origami would be the only option left for being scum and still voting. Obviously there's too many variables to make that hold any water whatsoever (the scum could simply have assumed that the extend was going to go through, they could have been occupied like Tiruin, or they could have been well aware that slapping a vote on someone that turned out to be town right as the day ended was an excellent way to get themselves lynched the day after) and I don't set much store by it.

PS: Patton served in both WW1 and WW2, and if memory serves correctly he swooped in to steal the 101st Airborne's glory in the Battle of the Bulge.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 19, 2015, 10:24:26 pm »

Mustacheese If you didn't keep watch, and just picked a random person that you "saw" get investigated, your mafia teammates, if you have any, could say that they were the one who performed the action on flabort. This would make them seem much less scummy, since they performed an action on someone, but didn't kill them.
*Shrugs*
I suppose that'd be a possibility. Personally, I don't think I'd put that much faith into a gambit like that, particularly that early in the game, but I'm the one defending myself here, so my opinion on it isn't really purposeful there.

I find your lack of self-defense disturbing...
Unvote

Vote Mustacheese

"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 19, 2015, 10:44:19 pm »

In other words, I feel that a towny would try to find some evidence that would prove my statement wrong, even if it had no foundation. You just literally shrug off my accusation.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 19, 2015, 11:21:28 pm »

PS: Patton served in both WW1 and WW2, and if memory serves correctly he swooped in to steal the 101st Airborne's glory in the Battle of the Bulge.
Huh. I guess he was in this war.
Doesn't change the rest of my reads.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 19, 2015, 11:27:19 pm »

I don't think that the theme of the game would have any effect on the actual game-play itself.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 20, 2015, 12:34:33 am »

In other words, I feel that a towny would try to find some evidence that would prove my statement wrong, even if it had no foundation. You just literally shrug off my accusation.
There's... really nothing for me to defend against?
Your theory is just that. A theory. If I were a power-role, I could claim it, and state what I did, and people could try to cross-check things to prove or disprove me.
But I'm a vanilla, so I literally don't do anything. The only role I even had as a lookout was either to hide (and accomplish nothing) or to watch, which is what I did.
You think I performed an action.
...What action would that have been? I obviously didn't kill anyone. Nobody died. So... if you think I'm a power role. What did I do?

For that matter, what have I been doing the past two days, aside from sitting on my ass? If I had a role, I'd be using it. Surely there'd be some kind of change to the way I'd do things if I had been influencing something or other.

I'm not bothering to defend myself because... well, it's certainly a possibility. I can't really disprove it. If I were a power role, maybe I could.

*Shrugs again*
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 20, 2015, 01:15:25 am »

You didn't necessarily have to do something that night, just pretend what you saw. But either way, I think you are right about my theory being too far-fetched.
Unvote

Vote Vivalas

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 20, 2015, 08:26:18 am »

@origami I'm not saying he's vig, I'm citing his one-time viglike kill. Personally his claim seems a bit obtuse to me, he claims miller, then is seen visiting someone who dies, then claims he investigated him. I dunno, how much more suspicious could you get.

For the second part of your question, who's to say you didn't kill him. Not much I can say other then AH DIDN'T DO IT, since there is no way to prove it. Also in my EBWOP I cited I had forgot about TolyK's death.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 20, 2015, 08:32:50 am »

Vivales who are you referring to?

Also, please answer everybody's questions for you.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 20, 2015, 08:38:15 am »

@origami I stated I would hide, since I figured the lookout would be a priority target, and I figured volunteering for lookout, then getting killed, would just waste the town a player. However, it seems no lookouts have been killed so far, and going off on a tangent about that, that could indicate some of our lookouts have been hiding, or scum aren't targeting them. Maybe scum know more about the mechanic then we do, maybe scum just don't have a NK at all... Blah blah tangent

@DA I'm PVT Joseph Renner of the 1st infantry division. My role is Rogue Soldier, Town-ally ( see the town win the game)

(Night) Kill[target]. So yeah, I'm the vig.  However I have refrained from using my night ability since I don't have high enough suspicions of certain people, and vig can be more bad then good.

PPE: That's what I'm doing :p I was referring to TolyK, whom you claim I killed, but like I said, I haven't used my ability.

"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 57