Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 57

Author Topic: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Game Over! Town, Town-Ally, and Survivor Victory!  (Read 110478 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Day 3: A New Face for an Old Soldier
« Reply #495 on: January 16, 2015, 12:34:47 am »

Unvote, before I forget. Flabort, you got inspected as Mafia by a cop. So you gotta die. Sorry.

Also, could everyone stop with the court of law comparisons. Mafia is not a court/ If it was, it would be a jury arguing over which one of them committed a crime.

@Persus, also PFP because bluh x_x sickness sucks.
Anyone interested in massclaiming names (not roles, names)?
Me!

Persus13
Could I ask a general consensus (in the form of 'reads' like how we've been doing the playerlistings) in regards to how you view a player to be best as a watchman (instead of the usual 'general reads on the person')?

Persus: Why're you voting for yourself?
Because I feel that I would help town by serving as one, and TDS is probably the only other person I trust to take that position.

Also Deus and Tiruin, can you please stop WoTing each other because I can't tell what you two are saying.

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 16, 2015, 12:52:35 am »

Persus13, I don't mind if you kill me. I did agree to let TolyK kill me, after all.
But if we're going on just the fact that I was inspected as mafia by a cop, may I point out that Caz was as well and flipped town?

You're right, it's not a court-of-law. It's a witch trial. In Laberynthia. By which I mean it's a court-of-injustice. Proof is still everything, and contradictions still save the day. As well, emotions play a big part into the game, and usually the wrong people get lynched early on because the bad people want the good people sentenced at all costs. So, exactly like a Pheonix Wright game but more freeflowing and all the players are the defense and the judge at the same time. Which players can be considered the prosecution inquisition is a bit of an iffy question. I argue that there is no jury, but there are witnesses that need cross-examination.

Huh. Inquisition. As in, the Holy Inquisition; I guess going in guns blazing is an effective way to play mafia if it doesn't get you killed before you can win. That's a thought...
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 16, 2015, 02:31:31 am »

PFP

Unvote, before I forget. Flabort, you got inspected as Mafia by a cop. So you gotta die. Sorry.

Also, could everyone stop with the court of law comparisons. Mafia is not a court/ If it was, it would be a jury arguing over which one of them committed a crime.

@Persus, also PFP because bluh x_x sickness sucks.
Anyone interested in massclaiming names (not roles, names)?
Me!

Persus13
Could I ask a general consensus (in the form of 'reads' like how we've been doing the playerlistings) in regards to how you view a player to be best as a watchman (instead of the usual 'general reads on the person')?

Persus: Why're you voting for yourself?
Because I feel that I would help town by serving as one, and TDS is probably the only other person I trust to take that position.

Also Deus and Tiruin, can you please stop WoTing each other because I can't tell what you two are saying.
Err, Persus? There's a discrepancy regarding TOlyK and Flabort, too.
Flabort claims Italian miller--by which the results from TolyK does not match Flabort's knowing result (as in, Flabort assumes he would appear as {x}, but TolyK sees otherwise)

Also I didn't verge into the court of law as to treat this as a law court. Silly. :P That is also in part in communicating with Deus--I'll talk about it later in summarized form.

Query for thou: Expound on the orange part--what makes it a situation to fully judge flabort? Also on the other side: what did you notice as evidence against that kind of situation (that flabort is scum) back in D2 or prior?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 16, 2015, 06:08:29 am »

Persus, since I've given the flavour from my result on Tiruin, can I get your opinion on which is the more likely between me being paranoid or evidence being planted? Or if you have a different theory.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 16, 2015, 06:28:39 am »

Persus13, I don't mind if you kill me. I did agree to let TolyK kill me, after all.
But if we're going on just the fact that I was inspected as mafia by a cop, may I point out that Caz was as well and flipped town?
[...]
I is confus x_x
When you make people singular, its like you're assuming they've a kill..but wha? :-\

Minus the lower paragraphs, what were you intending to state there?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 16, 2015, 10:14:47 am »

Unfortunate Accident Voting:
mastahcheese(0):
TheDarkStar(1): flabort
Deathsword(0):
Persus13(0):
Vivalas(1): origamiscienceguy
Tiruin(1): Comrade Shamrock
origamiscienceguy(0):
flabort(0): Persus13
Comrade Shamrock(0):
Deus Asmoth(0):
No Lynch(0):
Not Voting: mastahcheese, TheDarkStar, Deathsword, Vivalas, Tiruin, Deus Asmoth

Lookout Voting:
mastahcheese(1): flabort
TheDarkStar(0):
Deathsword(0):
Persus13(1): Persus13
Vivalas(0):
Tiruin(0):
origamiscienceguy(0):
flabort(0):
Comrade Shamrock(0):
Deus Asmoth(0):
Not Voting: mastahcheese, TheDarkStar, Deathsword, Vivalas, Tiruin, origamiscienceguy, Comrade Shamrock, Deus Asmoth

Current Lynch Target: No Lynch
Current Lookout Target: mastahcheese or Persus13

Day ends in approximately 11 hours.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 16, 2015, 10:16:12 am »

>_> mmph. My timezones never help with these things.
Extend due to lacking activity.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Day 3: 1 replacement needed!
« Reply #502 on: January 16, 2015, 10:17:22 am »

PFP
... what's the Minister thingy?
My mind read it as Minister of Affairs. Mighty British of him :v
But yeah. Read it wrong and remembered it wrong.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 16, 2015, 10:32:34 am »

Theory time:
I have come up with a set of ideas. I'm not sure so group share. I'd also like to hear some of your thoughts on my thoughts.

No. 1: Night Naps (Lean TDS)
I feel that one of the lookouts is hiding something. This is given my current estimation on night action numbers. Currently we have 4 due to framer theory. We had the cop duo plus our resident framer and night kill. This gives us a minimum of 8 actions for the past 2 days. Only 2 have been sighted and both were the cops. TDS revealed the action Deus himself had already revealed. While mastahcheese did reveal something new, he did also comment on how giddy Tolyk was which meant he might have been able to make a good guess.

No. 2: Framer Fun (Involves trying to outguess the mod so I don't recommend this)
Read this before game started. Look at Webadicts comments on framing artist. I'm wondering if it influenced 4mask. Also might mean Tiruin mightn't be framed, could explain the no kill the night before too. As to why Tiruin possesses the MK and papers, she could be the framer after retrieving her framing materials. This would also disprove theory 1. As that would lower nightly action count to 6 and I can more readily believe we missed 2/3 than 3/4 both times.

No. 3: Die Flabort Die!
If we accept that MK and those papers are the result of a framer. Then Caz was framed and unless there was 2 framers then Flabort was lying about being miller as according to him he should show up as third-party or mafia-ally. Of course Tolyk could have been paranoid/insane and been imagining the code in the journal. Not sure but food for thought.

Spoiler: Subsection Outlandish (click to show/hide)

Personally I like theory 2 even though it seems the most likely to crumble. But that could just be myself stroking my own ego (the liking it the most not the crumbling part).

Persus
Sure I'll claim my name.

Otto Von Bismarck ;D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What were you hoping to gain by name claims anyway? All you need is a phonebook if you have a German sounding name. You could use the internet too but that's for people with no imagination.

Tiruin and Deus
I am going to kill the pair of you if you don't stop WoTing.
Tiruin, please don't do the quote
Quote from:  Making a point here
This way, it makes it very hard especially when you are quoting a sentence, it is really annoying to go back and search for it especially since these things can be taken out of context easily.

Also Deus when trying to fix your posts maybe enclose in a spoiler if they are big or maybe just fix the broken part.

Tiruin
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Extend please

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 16, 2015, 10:48:17 am »

Does anybody want to be watchman tonight? (just wondering)
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 16, 2015, 11:03:26 am »

>_> mmph. My timezones never help with these things.
Extend due to lacking activity.
I agree with the extend. We've got a lot of no votes for eleven hours left in the day.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 16, 2015, 01:33:17 pm »

Do we need multiple people to extend, or is it an individual one? I support the Extend

Comrade: Did you just threaten Tiruin and Deus?
Are you planning on going through with this?

Also, have you nothing to say of my reason for unvoting? Or are you just chill with having me not vote you, and leave it at that?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 16, 2015, 01:51:27 pm »

Tiruin When I said it's OK for Persus and TolyK to kill me, I meant lynch; but night kill works too, if they are scum. I mean, TolyK flipped town, but Persus could still be.

Mastahcheese are you saying there's a reason not to be chill with your vote/not vote?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 16, 2015, 02:09:52 pm »

Mastahcheese, I think you've gotten all the answers you're going to get from your question about Caz's wagon. Can I see your answer about Scripten?

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 16, 2015, 02:22:46 pm »

mastahcheese:
Comrade: Did you just threaten Tiruin and Deus?
Are you planning on going through with this?
You can take it as a threat if you want. It was more an expression of frustration than a theat. I was just intensely annoyed with the big walls of especially the quotes without saying who said it. So you had to read it first to know who it was and it was even harder to find the source.

Well it would be mighty hard to convince the rest of you to lynch them over just walls of text. So practical difficulties aside no I'm not going through with it. Well maybe on Tiruin, I'm not sure.

Also, have you nothing to say of my reason for unvoting? Or are you just chill with having me not vote you, and leave it at that?
???
Oh mighty cheese let me offer my deepest gratitude for kindly unvoting me.

Why would I feel the need to comment on it? It seemed like a reasonable enough explanation.

Flabort:
You're very conflicted aren't you? Both wanting to vote and lookout vote mastahcheese. May I ask how serious your vote is or did you just forget you've basically been town reading cheese so far?
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 57