Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 57

Author Topic: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Game Over! Town, Town-Ally, and Survivor Victory!  (Read 110523 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile

origamiscienceguy has replaced Silthuri!

Welcome aboard.

I'll update with votecount shortly.

Unfortunate Accident Voting:
mastahcheese(0):
TheDarkStar(1): flabort
Deathsword(0):
Persus13(0):
Vivalas(0):
Tiruin(2): Deus Asmoth, Comrade Shamrock
origamiscienceguy(0):
flabort(0):
Comrade Shamrock(1): mastahcheese
Deus Asmoth(1): Deathsword
No Lynch(0):
Not Voting: TheDarkStar, Persus13, Vivalas, Tiruin, origamiscienceguy

Lookout Voting:
mastahcheese(0): flabort
TheDarkStar(0):
Deathsword(0):
Persus13(0):
Vivalas(0):
Tiruin(0):
origamiscienceguy(0):
flabort(0):
Comrade Shamrock(0):
Deus Asmoth(0):
Not Voting: mastahcheese, TheDarkStar, Deathsword, Persus13, Vivalas, Tiruin, origamiscienceguy, Comrade Shamrock, Deus Asmoth

Current Lynch Target: Tiruin
Current Lookout Target: mastahcheese
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 10:17:59 am by 4maskwolf »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Day 3: A New Face for an Old Soldier
« Reply #451 on: January 14, 2015, 11:24:44 am »

Deus, I asked you for flavor at day start. Why did you wait?
Also in my personal opinion, I have yet to see anything out of the ordinary from Tiruin.
Finally, I think the reason Tiruin is confused is because Caz may have flipped town, but he didn't flip miller. Add to that that the miller claim he had was ridiculous, I still think it may have been fake.

Anyone interested in massclaiming names (not roles, names)?

Persus13

origamiscienceguy: Welcome to the game. I advise you to read the opening post of a Beginner's Mafia and then read through the thread. This game is a bit harder than standard Mafia and it has a few unique mechanics. If you have any questions just ask. It's better to be uninformed then to pretend you know what your doing, because that can get you easily lynched.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 14, 2015, 11:48:23 am »

I waited because if I'd revealed that I didn't trust my own inspection result, trying to get a reaction out of Tiruin using it would have been kind of pointless.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 14, 2015, 12:16:12 pm »

pfp
Deus so what did you learn from her reaction?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 14, 2015, 01:34:13 pm »

I learned that she's either deliberately misrepresenting my arguments or hasn't read through day 2 properly, which isn't much help for determining if she's actually scum or not (I'm leaning towards her not having read it properly yet, since she seems to have missed the actual result of my inspection of Caz and is instead focussing entirely on the flavour, which I revealed later). The fact that she's projecting jumpy and defensive vibes onto my answers doesn't make me think she has the town's best interest at heart, though. And of course, the fact that she DEFINITELY knew that Caz wasn't scum (after she'd flipped) when beforehand the only thing she had to say on the matter was to agree that Caz's wagon was too big.

In any case, what do you think of the flavour of my result for Tiruin? Do you think it's more likely to be paranoia or evidence planting?

Missed a question for Tiruin: I don't think flavour has that big an impact on standard games, since it's the same general objective no matter what the flavour is. Flavour seems to play a larger part in bastard games from what I've seen (though that isn't much), though not to the extent where it would discount actual in game results (if the game were totally true to the flavour, for example, we'd have known that Caz was a strangely Chinese looking Nazi).

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 14, 2015, 03:17:10 pm »

What time does the day end?

(I might take a bit to catch up)

Also, can I please get a list of the different roles people have since the only one I can see on he first page is lookout.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 03:21:12 pm by origamiscienceguy »
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 14, 2015, 04:28:55 pm »

The only roles I'm aware of being claimed so far are that I'm a cop and flabort says he's a miller that should show up as a third party faction when investigated. TDS has also implied he's vanilla town.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

Also, since I can follow links properly again.

Do you recall this one tidbit?

Because that one bit is a cornerstone in my attention towards your credibility. You hopped away from the theory which you mentioned earlier (or at least, did not mention it at all in your first posts...until poked), and yet in the link above to your post...misses it completely.
Link to Caz not knowing that the flavourtext would give descriptions of what cops find in people's possession, followed by vague mention of a theory I apparently mentioned earlier which I would very much like you to tell me about. Because unless you mean this one:
THEORY:
Scum have an ability to fake evidence, such as blatant German propaganda, in order to counteract the two cops.
Which you might notice had nothing to do with me and which I never treated as anything more than a theory, I don't know what theory you're talking about, since that's the only theory aside from the poisoning idea that I've talked about at all.

You did recall Caz noting something regarding A SPECIFIC BOOK YOU FOUND, right? Like, this thing right here? That book which I have to restate was NOT talked about when Caz mentioned it in return response? You posted...right after her. And nothing came of it.

...Because this is seriously what I define as you being jumpy. I mean, before you accuse someone of 'lying through your teeth', you could do best to look up your own words too. Especially in an accusatory tone which you're leveling out of vagueness there.
Last paragraph makes no sense. I'm jumpy because I didn't immediately launch into a detailed dissection of Caz not knowing what she had? Caz said that she wasn't aware of any items at all being in her possession. I also didn't receive any catalogue of my possessions, and as such have no idea what would be found in my pack if another cop did inspect me. Do you? Since we have another example of someone who got investigated by a cop in this game already,

flabort, did you know you have a journal in your possession before TolyK told you that you have one?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 14, 2015, 06:58:43 pm »

Currently having several health problems. Not feeling well today. If I'm still too bad to think properly tomorrow, I'll ask for replacement. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 14, 2015, 07:19:36 pm »

Deus No. No I did not know of this journal.

Origamiscienceguy What are your reads of each surviving player so far?

Persus13 What makes you think Caz's miller claim was fake? She did flip town, why would she lie about it?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 14, 2015, 07:47:23 pm »

Well, I just speed-read the entire forum, so my details might be a bit sketchy (please correct any errors) I currently think

Flabort should be lynched because I am certain that Caz was the miller, and flabort claimed to be miller too. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Mustacheese i think is not scum because the night that he watched, I believe either he lied about watching and instead hid and the scum tried to get him but failed, or he is honest and the RNGod just didn't like him.

I think truin also isn't scum because he finds lots of evidence when he accuses people. Even though he defends himself aggressively, he seems too involved to me to be scum.

Vivalas: not certain, havent seen him post very often though. Possibly a 3rd party member?

TheDarkstar: I'm suspicious, but haven't found any incriminating evidance.

As for everyone else, I don't know yet.

"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 14, 2015, 07:56:09 pm »

I think truin also isn't scum because he finds lots of evidence when he accuses people. Even though he defends himself aggressively, he seems too involved to me to be scum.
Tiruin is a she.

Persus13 What makes you think Caz's miller claim was fake? She did flip town, why would she lie about it?
Because the miller claim seems unbelievable and Caz didn't flip miller and didn't claim name and rank until specifically asked when that could have helped her case. I don't think "Chinese private=Nazi" is reasonable flavor 4mask would write and your miller claim is a much more reasonable (I'm not saying I believe it, just that I think it is more believable). Why would Caz lie about it? If you're being told to claim miller or get lynched, which we were basically saying, claiming miller could seem like a better position.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 14, 2015, 08:25:57 pm »

What time does the day end?

(I might take a bit to catch up)

Also, can I please get a list of the different roles people have since the only one I can see on he first page is lookout.

Just a quick note, don't edit in the future.  I'll let it by this time.

Day ends in two days, more or less.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 14, 2015, 10:53:04 pm »

Flabort should be lynched because I am certain that Caz was the miller, and flabort claimed to be miller too. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Mustacheese i think is not scum because the night that he watched, I believe either he lied about watching and instead hid and the scum tried to get him but failed, or he is honest and the RNGod just didn't like him.

Vivalas: not certain, havent seen him post very often though. Possibly a 3rd party member?

TheDarkstar: I'm suspicious, but haven't found any incriminating evidance.

As for everyone else, I don't know yet.

1. Why are you certain that Caz was the miller?

2. Why do you think Mastacheese lied about watching? Why does that make him less scummy?

3. What is it that makes Vivalas seem third party?

4. What is it that makes you suspicious about me?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 14, 2015, 11:04:08 pm »

1. Unless placing "incriminating evidence" can cause the cops investigation to goo negative, (can it?) I am pretty sure the only way for Caz to roll civilian but be scum for the investigation is if she was the miller.

2. If mastacheese told everybody that he shirked duty, that would look bad for him whether he hid, or performed a night action. I think it's possible he took a gamble and lied about his duty, and since nobody was killed, I think it is reasonable that he chose to hide, and the mafia missed him.

3. Vivales hasn't been posted often, but he just doesn't seem like mafia to me. He also doesn't seem to care too much about who is lynched (correct me if i'm wrong) So I think he is 3rd party.

4. I had a reason when I wrote that other post, but I forgot it now.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 57