Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 57

Author Topic: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Game Over! Town, Town-Ally, and Survivor Victory!  (Read 110447 times)

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Everyday Breaches of Military Protocol
« Reply #210 on: December 31, 2014, 03:18:56 am »

That is, reads and observations from confirmed town/scum are the most useful.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Day One has begun!
« Reply #211 on: December 31, 2014, 03:25:37 am »

Before the end of the day, could you please post reads? Based on your flip, the town will be able to use them with the knowledge that they came from either town or scum.

You're scum. Shooting on day1 is stupid.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 31, 2014, 03:30:00 am »

Before the end of the day, could you please post reads? Based on your flip, the town will be able to use them with the knowledge that they came from either town or scum.

You're scum. Shooting on day1 is stupid.

Actually, using my ability early makes a lot of sense from a town perspective, especially in this setup where scum can likely sniff out power roles very quickly. By using a dayvig early, I remove the chance that scum get to me first.

Can you post the rest of your reads, please?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 31, 2014, 03:30:56 am »

Actually, using my ability early makes a lot of sense from a town perspective, especially in this setup where scum can likely sniff out power roles very quickly. By using a dayvig early, I remove the chance that scum get to me first.

...By helping scum to eliminate town members. GG.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 31, 2014, 03:36:26 am »

...By helping scum to eliminate town members. GG.

It's all about maximizing efficiency. Basically, I have a certain chance to hit scum when I shoot, as opposed to the night kill, which is guaranteed to hit scum. Even if there is a mislynch and a dayvig kill on a townie, we're still in a better position because the scum only get one night kill per two town kills. Plus, town PRs get two flipped players' worth of reads to do their work early on, meaning scum have less chance to get to them.

Of course, it sucks to be the target, and I apologize for that.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 31, 2014, 03:38:08 am »

I have a certain chance to hit scum when I shoot, as opposed to the night kill, which is guaranteed to hit scum.

u wot?

Or you kill a town PR, and the mislynch kills a town PR, and the game is basically fucked.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 31, 2014, 06:05:55 am »

No, this is bs.

It's all about maximizing efficiency. Basically, I have a certain chance to hit scum when I shoot, as opposed to the night kill, which is guaranteed to hit scum. Even if there is a mislynch and a dayvig kill on a townie, we're still in a better position because the scum only get one night kill per two town kills. Plus, town PRs get two flipped players' worth of reads to do their work early on, meaning scum have less chance to get to them.
No, this is bs as well.

I'll say why in a second, but Scripten.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 31, 2014, 06:23:02 am »

Let's review, shall we?

Geez, you guys have been busy. I'll be back tomorrow morning with a recap and I'll try to touch on all the questions directed at me. While I get some sleep, though, let us consider the following.

Dayvig: Caz

(Note: Role doesn't indicate that dayvig ends the day, so feel free to discuss. :) )
Let us consider the following:
- that was nowhere near day end
- you did not cite ANY reason for the killing
- you weren't voting for him (were you? I think not)

So. Exhibit B.

How can Scum sniff out power roles quickly? If you're a dayvig, HOW can they know who you are via observing at night? Or, how do you know they have an investigative role?

Alright, we have 13 players. Considering normal rules, that's three or maybe four mafia. In terms of power balance, at least, since this is not quite a normal game (by the description).
Chance of you hitting scum D1: 3.5/12
Chance of scum hitting you N1: 1/9.5
Chance of you hitting scum, assuming worst case (two town deaths): 3.5/10~1/3

FIRING AT RANDOM IS NOT SMART BECAUSE YOU DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING. Thus, your chances of hitting scum are pretty bad. Now, if you had an actual argument and/or someone seemed scummy to you, this is an entirely different beast. More to follow in a bit.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 31, 2014, 06:24:47 am »

Mod: Does my vote still count if I'm going to die today?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 31, 2014, 06:36:43 am »

Actually, a tl;dr for this would be "you want to use your vigkill, so you use it right now otherwise you might not have the chance", which is horrible town logic and mediocre scum logic as well. You come off as either a day-SK or a mafia member where the mafia daykills instead of nk's. Or just a really selfish vigilante.

PR= power role? What if you just shot one? Also, people get the second flip EXCEPT YOU POSTED IT BEFORE PEOPLE COULD GET TO TALK TO HIM without any change in perception (it's like talking with a dying cancer or AIDS patient).

Also, if you were all about efficiency, then why not kill at day end, where there are already formed reads and you know who is scummiest in your eyes.

You seem to be going in the "WOW" factor, also "no scum would be that stupid", as evidenced by the first linked post (dayvig announcement) and by my three posts here (sorry 'bout that).

So, vote for Scripten.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 31, 2014, 06:44:08 am »

Shit, I don't have qualms about that. Don't even care if it looks like an OMGUS. Vigs shooting day1 is stupid as hell. Scripten

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 31, 2014, 08:20:25 am »

Technically, shooting D1 isn't really that stupid, but shooting at the beginning of the day (rather, not right at the end) is definitely.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 31, 2014, 08:23:24 am »

*Facepalms*

"The faster I murder people, the faster we get information!"
You realize that the reason a flip helps is because it allows you to go back over what that person said, with more context.
If you kill someone before any real scumhunting happens, then it is horribly ineffective, because then knowing their flip doesn't help, because you have nothing to hold it to.

And the total bullshit of "well, now we get information from their reads! By the way, can you post your reads because I was over eager to murder your ass?" is laughable at best. Yeah, of course their reads won't be biased after that.

Scripten
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 31, 2014, 08:27:14 am »

Honestly, I view trigger-happy vigilantes the same way I view serial killers. So even if you do turn out to be town-sided, I still don't think I'd be upset. You're dangerous either way, and too happy for that.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 31, 2014, 10:11:58 am »

Mod: Does my vote still count if I'm going to die today?
Under the situation proposed in your question, yes, you would still be able to vote.

MOD: What happens if the same person is voted to both be lynched and put on watch?

Not suggesting we do this, just asking.
In all cases, the lynch occurs first, then all remaining players are considered for lookout duty based on their votes as normal.

Unfortunate Accident Voting:
mastahcheese(0):
TheDarkStar(0):
Scripten(4): mastahcheese, Caz, flabort, TolyK
Caz(0):
Deathsword(0):
Persus13(0):
Vivalas(3): Scripten, Deathsword, Deus Asmoth
Tiruin(0):
Silthuri(0):
flabort(1): Persus13
TolyK(2): TheDarkStar, Vivalas
Comrade Shamrock(0):
Deus Asmoth(0):
No Lynch(0):
Not Voting: Tiruin, Silthuri, Comrade Shamrock

Lookout Voting:
mastahcheese(4): TheDarkStar, Scripten, flabort, Deus Asmoth
TheDarkStar(0):
Scripten(0):
Caz(2): Caz, Comrade Shamrock
Deathsword(0):
Persus13(1): Persus13
Vivalas(0):
Tiruin(0):
Silthuri(0):
flabort(0):
TolyK(0):
Comrade Shamrock(0):
Deus Asmoth(0):
Not Voting: mastahcheese, Deathsword, Vivalas, Tiruin, Silthuri, TolyK

Currently Being Lynched: Scripten
Currently Being Put on Lookout Duty: mastahcheese

Both votecounts should be correct, although they may not be.  Please inform me of any errors or miscalculations.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 10:24:40 am by 4maskwolf »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 57