Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 57

Author Topic: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Game Over! Town, Town-Ally, and Survivor Victory!  (Read 110304 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Everyday Breaches of Military Protocol
« Reply #195 on: December 30, 2014, 11:16:53 pm »

Unvote, vote Vivalas

Dues Asmoth For each pair, who would you rather see lynched?
Shamrock       Scripten
Mastahcheese      TheDarkStar
Vivalas        Flabort
Silthuri        Tiruin
TolyK        Caz

I feel I should add a disclaimer that I don't want either member of some of your pairs to get lynched.

1. Shamrock. My reason being that (assuming they're both town) Scripten's questions seem more useful for other townies.

2. TDS. I trust mastahcheese more at the moment.

3. Vivalas. He's been the more passive of the two, and therefore the least useful. And I think he's scum.

4. Silthuri, I guess. He's the least active of the two, and neither of them have been all that active.

5. Caz. He's the scummier of the two in my opinion.

(I wish people would stop ninja-ing me)
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 30, 2014, 11:28:41 pm »

Was moving tons of boxes onto a truck in preparation for moving into storage the whole day. Will try to get some posts in tomorrow.

Flabort: Any reason I'm not on that list?

4. Silthuri, I guess. He's the least active of the two, and neither of them have been all that active.
FYI, Silthuri is a she, not a he.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Day One has begun!
« Reply #197 on: December 30, 2014, 11:54:24 pm »

Mastahcheese:

Mastahcheese, how do you feel about likely getting elected for night duty?
Kinda sucks because I hate being the center of attention.
Although, I suppose I'm as good a candidate as any, since I'm not a power role, so I have no need to preserve myself. (Yeah, I'm going ahead and claiming vanilla. No point not too.)
Meh. Good parts and bad parts. We'll see how it goes.

Hm. I'm not sure how happy I am with people claiming before they get stuck as lookout...

No biggie, I guess, but I'd recommend other players avoid this in the future for the most part.

Comrade Shamrock:

I know you're trying to avoid a no lynch but it just seems odd that you're suggesting go Tolyk or whoever you choose.

Why? Why should I go with someone else's wagon when I'm the only person here I know for sure to be town?

Also why Vivalas? You say he's scummier but you don't say how. Deathsword has a post on why, so what are your reasons?

I already said, but because of him trying to extend RVS, which is a scum-sided action, and due to the way he's playing. It feels scummier than the other players. I'm also giving you a little bit of a benefit of the doubt due to experience with your town playstyle, though this will ebb quickly as the game goes on.

Also you missed this. It was in a spoiler so I forgive you.
Besides why did you think I would claim third party? I can conjure to mind only one role that it might be beneficial: survivor. Is there any others you can think of?

Oh, my bad for missing that. The way you were talking here:
I would hand it over to someone else. My reasons are mostly selfish, I just wanna live. Since scum might attack the lookout and I want to avoid being killed, I don't want the job. I would rather someone more experienced have it and possibly use it rather than me using it and possibly waste it by hiding when scum attack someone else.
sounded like someone who wasn't sure if they wanted to claim town or third party due to having little experience in games with third parties. I was guessing survivor. There are a number of alignments that may be considered town-aligned and third party. One might consider millers to be third party, and there's also town-aligned outsiders/survivors.

You also haven't pressed me on the AT gun answer, why is that? Were you planning on leaving it to someone else?

Planning, no. But it did happen that someone else confronted you about it and I didn't have anything new to add to the conversation. Your flavor is consistent with mine, so, either as a fake claim, a trimmed-down scum role PM, or as a town role PM, it fits.

As to why 3 isn't enough, only 1 relates to the game. He's playing the game so those should come easily. I don't mind that some of them aren't related but Scripten seems to be doing it just to try and annoy me especially when his previous answers are considered. Even voting him doesn't get a serious response.

Not directed at me, but this quote is about me so I'm replying. I'm not taking you seriously because you're using word associations to allegedly find scum. This might work face-to-face, but do I really have to explain why your questions were useless insofar as determining my alignment. Same thing with the vote. I'm not taking you seriously because your vote doesn't actually have anything behind it.

As to my vague answer. We are in the 1st infantry division explain to me why I would need an Anti-Tank gun in a situation where we are hunting spies.

Why are you intentionally drawing attention to the flavor in your role?

Did you forget Deathsword and Persus or were they left out for convenience? You gave yourself a much weaker player and scummier player as a partner, this kinda scewed it in your favour. It could be an attempt to make public opinion appear on your side. Don't tell me this is random either, Tiruin and Silthuri together seems like too much of a coincidence.

This, however, makes me happy, though Flabort has a unique playstyle and is kind of low hanging fruit for being called out on it, so only minor towncred for you.

TDS:

And now we've ensured that it's a WIFOM situation for scum (because before, they were certainly going to kill you once you said that you would be watching rather than hiding).

This is a town-leaning mentality. Keeping this is mind for later.

Caz:

The jury has decided, sorry.

Hm. Caz, you appear to be pushing for people to stay in scum's line of fire overnight in a very visible way. This concerns me.

Geez, you guys have been busy. I'll be back tomorrow morning with a recap and I'll try to touch on all the questions directed at me. While I get some sleep, though, let us consider the following.

Dayvig: Caz

(Note: Role doesn't indicate that dayvig ends the day, so feel free to discuss. :) )

Excuse me?

Sorry, pretty sure (for day 1) that you're scum or hostile third-party. You also seem to be a competent player and are indicating that you are town reading me, which puts me in a prime position to be NK'd. I imagine you'll flip at the end of the day along with the lynch, judging by what my role PM says.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 31, 2014, 12:32:37 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Did you forget Deathsword and Persus or were they left out for convenience? You gave yourself a much weaker player and scummier player as a partner, this kinda scewed it in your favour. It could be an attempt to make public opinion appear on your side. Don't tell me this is random either, Tiruin and Silthuri together seems like too much of a coincidence.
Heeheehee I was wondering if someone would notice I left those two out. I left them out on purpose, not for convenience or forgetfulness, but as a test of perception.
I feel I should add a disclaimer that I don't want either member of some of your pairs to get lynched.

Not wanting either lynched in some cases is to be expected. In any of those 5 cases, is there any case where you'd want both lynced or dead?
Also, 90% certain Silthuri is a girl. Her profile agrees with me, though her profile also states a bizarre age.

Shamrock    Scripten
Mastahcheese      TheDarkStar
Vivalas        Flabort
Silthuri        Tiruin
TolyK        Caz

Most dead column 1: Vivalas for cowardice. Hey, I see a vote tie. Vivalas, then.
Most dead column 2: TDS, duh :P nah, i'm picking flabort for making this ridiculous column thing.
Least dead column 1: Ugh, idk. Probably mastahcheese but I don't really trust him much.
Least dead column 2: Me. If I can't self-pick, then probably Scripten. He seems to be making himself useful.
I see. I take it you don't trust anyone in the left column as much as you do those in the right?
Flabort: Any reason I'm not on that list?
Aha! Aha! Aha! Another observant one!
Yes, it's for that very reason! You go up on this list of people I can trust to find things I might have missed, so I can question you later!
Let's revise the list, then, and put you on the bottom right and Deathsword on the bottom left:
For yourself, if you had an inspection, who in each column would you use it on first?
In each pairing, who would you rather be lookout?

Who wants to know why I picked those pairs? No, it wasn't random:
Pairing 1: Shamrock and Scripten: I'm glad that shamrock substituted Dues, because it's just more information. However, the original pairing, for the original question to Dues, was because you two rated similarly on how much I considered you to be scum or not.
Pairing 2: Cheese and DarkStar: I didn't think that the perception of them would be so unbalanced. However, up until it was revealed that "no watch" is not an option, I thought they were considered about the same as each other.
Pairing 3: Vivalas and me: Ah! Yes, the age old question of The Newbie vs The Guy Who is Good at Being Bad. See, I haven't lost a game as scum yet (that I remember), and I would think that if a player's meta was being called into question in that Vivalas doesn't have one yet, it should be compared to someone with an established one! Aha! Aha! Aha! Seriously, though, I thought you'd at least have some fun thinking about that.
Pairing 4: Tiruin and Silthuri: Well, they're both rather absent, eh? Each has posted once so far...
Pairing 5: Caz and TolyK: I trust them both about the same. Which is to say I don't. So, same reason as pairings 1 and 2, and 4. Pairing 3 is the odd duck out, yes? But Shamrock already pointed that out.
Pairing 6: Persus and Deathsword: As Shamrock and Persus have pointed out, I left this out! Aha! Aha! Aha! No, this was very much on purpose, mostly to see if anyone was observant enough to catch it. Maybe also because the number of questions I was asking was basically crossing the line.
Left Column: People I see as generally newer than the people in the right column.
Right Column: People I see in the mafia area more often and farther back into the archives. I might be wrong with the Tiruin/Silthuri pair, though...
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 31, 2014, 01:18:47 am »

Thought #1: I was just about to get lynched for pressing a person and then to not have a tie? Seriously?

Thought #2: You guys want to lynch a newbie for.., not wanting to tie the lynch? Or what?

Thought #3: Holy crap why did I wake up so early?

Also, since it didn't really give much in terms of a good answer, Unvote (Mastahcheese)

How much time is left? I hope I'll get to reading through the thread, but these votes and apparent wagons seem like a gold mine.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 31, 2014, 01:57:38 am »

Sorry, pretty sure (for day 1) that you're scum or hostile third-party. You also seem to be a competent player and are indicating that you are town reading me, which puts me in a prime position to be NK'd. I imagine you'll flip at the end of the day along with the lynch, judging by what my role PM says.

Wow, nice WIFOM. Luckily you are wrong about me.

Also - if you're sure I'm scum, why don't I get a vote?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 31, 2014, 02:02:01 am »

Because he tried to daykill you, and doesn't want to waste his vote on someone who's dead anyways.

I have yet to see any proof that 4mask acknowledged this "DayVig", and think that perhaps the vig, if he is a vig, is going about it the wrong way. Perhaps he has to PM the target to 4mask, rather than post it publicly? That would certainly explain why it hasn't happened yet.

Unless it specificly says it only works at the end of the day, in which case why don't you clarify that for us Scripten?
The Cyan Menace

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 31, 2014, 02:06:39 am »

Because he tried to daykill you, and doesn't want to waste his vote on someone who's dead anyways.

Well, why am I alive? O_o

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 31, 2014, 02:10:52 am »

That's what I'm asking him.
The Cyan Menace

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 31, 2014, 02:12:02 am »

Daykilling without any reason is remarkably dumb, which is why I doubt there's an actual daykill.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 31, 2014, 02:34:57 am »

Killing me would be pretty rude. -.-

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 31, 2014, 02:36:31 am »

Mweep .-.
I is so laet.
But seriously: Sorry for my absence D: New Year//Christmas stuffs went on!

*reads*
...Daykill wha? o_O
Great >_> This game got interesting-er. Will be back in a few hours!

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 31, 2014, 03:09:23 am »

Caz:

Can you explain what you mean by WIFOM? How does my day action come across as WIFOM?

Flabort:

Correct.

I have yet to see any proof that 4mask acknowledged this "DayVig", and think that perhaps the vig, if he is a vig, is going about it the wrong way. Perhaps he has to PM the target to 4mask, rather than post it publicly? That would certainly explain why it hasn't happened yet.

Unless it specificly says it only works at the end of the day, in which case why don't you clarify that for us Scripten?

It does not specifically say that. What it does say makes perfect sense to me and I wholly understand it. However, I will not be full claiming my role right now so as to further the amount of information that will come out of my action.

Can you explain the scum motivation you apparently see behind my actions, Flabort, as you now see fit to vote me? Do you want to see me lynched today, then?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 31, 2014, 03:16:38 am »

Caz:

I think I was confused about the whole thing. I'm to die at the end of day 1, right?

Eh, whatever. This game was fun while it lasted. Seeya.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 31, 2014, 03:18:00 am »

Caz:

I think I was confused about the whole thing. I'm to die at the end of day 1, right?

Eh, whatever. This game was fun while it lasted. Seeya.

Before the end of the day, could you please post reads? Based on your flip, the town will be able to use them with the knowledge that they came from either town or scum.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 57