Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 57

Author Topic: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Game Over! Town, Town-Ally, and Survivor Victory!  (Read 110450 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Everyday Breaches of Military Protocol
« Reply #165 on: December 30, 2014, 12:39:23 am »

Geez, you guys have been busy. I'll be back tomorrow morning with a recap and I'll try to touch on all the questions directed at me. While I get some sleep, though, let us consider the following.

Dayvig: Caz

(Note: Role doesn't indicate that dayvig ends the day, so feel free to discuss. :) )
Why?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Day One has begun!
« Reply #166 on: December 30, 2014, 01:01:14 am »

As you wish, Shamrock

Scripten:
Give some words that you associate with town?

If you got something out of this, great. To me, it looks like a question that any scum worth their salt would be able to fake an answer to, and even if they didn't it wouldn't exactly help with any more than your gut feeling about the person if their answers were wrong.

Deus:
I would hand it over to someone else. My reasons are mostly selfish, I just wanna live. Since scum might attack the lookout and I want to avoid being killed, I don't want the job. I would rather someone more experienced have it and possibly use it rather than me using it and possibly waste it by hiding when scum attack someone else.

Flabort and Scripten:
Why so few word associations Scripten?

How did you select Caz, Flabort?

Reason for Tiruin and Silthuri: I have either seen them mod or IC which suggests they are experienced. Persus was another IC you didn't want him though. TDS a mod but I don't know payback? He didn't like my joke case.  >:(

As to what my question was meant to do. It was to help get a hold on your perceptions. Your view on a word changes depending on where you stand in an argument. Scum would consider town targets and their view would change accordingly. They mightn't say it because it could be perceived as scummy to say such a thing, but you never know what you'll draw out. What you've said is being examined.

mastahcheese:
(Cackles maniacally)  ;D

Caz:
Are you town or scum?  ;D

Hint: it's a trick question
Your pieces for Caz and mastahcheese are kind of pointless. You're avoiding watch duty because a more experienced player could do it better. How? Everyone has the same access to abilities on lookout duty, and if scum think you're less of a threat than an experienced player, they'd surely be more likely to kill a more experienced player on duty?

You word associations just seem bizarre to me. Why would scum not fake a townie answer to that just as easily to anything else? Why are three word associations not enough?

Scripten:
My reasons are mostly selfish, I just wanna live.

Hm.

What's the wincon stated in your role PM, Comrade?
Get an AT gun and blow them all to pieces. Not the exact phrasing but I'm sure you can work it out from there. If you're curious as to why I want to live. I want to get to D2, never been in D2 so I hope it's fun.

Why so few word associations Scripten?

Congratulations, you are winnar winner and have caught me.[/sarcasm] ;)
Well now you just deserve to be voted due to those atrocious errors. Are you going to take any question I ask seriously Scripten? So far it seems to be just humour.

mastahcheese:
Quote from: Comrade Shamrock
(Cackles maniacally)  ;D
>:I
Care to elaborate?
(Cackles maniacally some more)

Also hello. I don't know why I need to elaborate on something with no meaning, just doing it for fun. Just imagine someone's face when you turn and laugh at them for no reason whatsoever, weird but funny. Or creepy. Depends on your point of view.
Again, the interaction with mastahcheese is not that of a person taking this seriously. Why is it fine for you to joke around with cheese, but Scripten has to take your dubious question seriously? Your justification for leaving a vote on Scripten is a spelling mistake, which again is not exactly the behavior of someone who wants their own questions taken seriously. As for 'blowing them all to pieces', who could that refer to? Scum? Town? Serial killers? Vague answers are vague.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 30, 2014, 10:12:30 am »

Unfortunate Accident Voting:
mastahcheese(1): TolyK
TheDarkStar(1): Caz
Scripten(0):
Caz(0):
Deathsword(0):
Persus13(1): Scripten
Vivalas(1): Deathsword
Tiruin(0):
Silthuri(0):
flabort(1): Persus13
TolyK(2): TheDarkStar, Vivalas
Comrade Shamrock(1): Deus Asmoth
Deus Asmoth(0):
No Lynch(0):
Not Voting: mastahcheese, Tiruin, Silthuri, flabort, Comrade Shamrock

Lookout Voting:
mastahcheese(0):
TheDarkStar(1): Deus Asmoth
Scripten(0):
Caz(2): Caz, Comrade Shamrock
Deathsword(0):
Persus13(1): Persus13
Vivalas(0):
Tiruin(0):
Silthuri(0):
flabort(0):
TolyK(0):
Comrade Shamrock(0):
Deus Asmoth(0):
Not Voting: mastahcheese, TheDarkStar, Scripten, Deathsword, Vivalas, Tiruin, Silthuri, flabort, TolyK

Both votecounts should be correct, although they may not be.  Please inform me of any errors or miscalculations.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 30, 2014, 03:21:50 pm »

Happy holidays, I guess? :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 30, 2014, 04:14:00 pm »

So the day ends shortly.
It looks like TolyK is going to be randomly lynched, and Caz is going to be elected lookout.

I'd still like to know what Shamrock learned from the word associations before the day is out.

Seeing Silthuri post at least once would be beneficial. Tiruin has some unanswered questions.

And I don't think Scripten's attempted action did anything.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 30, 2014, 04:27:44 pm »

In case I do not get my catchup post out before the end of the day...

Unvote Persus13
Vote Vivalas

I would recommend anyone else who is online to vote along with me or to vote TolyK so we avoid no-lynching, though in this sort of game it's less dangerous to go for no-lynch since bastard mechanics can even out the bonus scum would otherwise get via actions or third parties hitting scum.

Lookout Mastahcheese

I have a minor town read on him and barring anything that vastly changes my read having come up yesterday, I'd like to see him as lookout. I do not want to have Caz as the lookout tonight.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 30, 2014, 04:36:00 pm »

Don't want a tie. Don't want a tie. Don't want a tie. TolyK, Vivalas is still learning that life is not like the wikis, let's give him 1 day.

I do agree, though, that Cheese is not a bad pick. Mastahcheese
The Cyan Menace

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 30, 2014, 04:45:08 pm »

I'm leaving my vote on TolyK and picking Mastahcheese to avoid the possibility of Caz getting picked (because one of Caz's votes is from himself and another is from someone who may or may not trust him, he doesn't seem as good a choice).
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 30, 2014, 04:49:48 pm »

Sorry about how messy this post is. I'm trying to get it in early to give time for discussion.

Who would you want to be lookout right now? What are your feelings about the lookout mechanic and who should become lookout.

I feel like it's a neat mechanic. It will become more useful later in the game, as usual. I wouldn't mind having it, since my powers are entirely relegated to the daytime, but I haven't got a problem with seeing my town reads taking it up.

TolyK- Seems particuraly wary of scum tactics. Slight town lean.
What.
How.
You got that in one post?
Mastahcheese seems particularly interested in seeming active and preceptive and all-around scumhunting town.
When really, he's buddying a person who hasn't posted ANYTHING of interest yet other than a thought that isn't even mentioned in his post.
So, can you please pick apart my posts and say where you got that? Not much I'm asking for here.

(A bit exaggerated, of course, but that's the butt of my accusation).

This, along with other posts today, makes me want to see someone other than TolyK get lynched. Vivalas, Caz, and Comrade are all scummier, and while newbie-shields are up and running, this is not a newbie game, so I don't feel TOO bad for voting people for being scummy.

Flabort & TheDarkStar: I'm glad you don't want to see a no lynch happen, but I think you should consider that TolyK has dropped towntells more than scumtells, and you're just getting rid of an experienced player because you don't want to kill a newbie on day 1.

Flabort: Also, my power works fine. It's just that it's a little visible. I worry about the night, though, since my power is very town-sided and relegated to the daytime and thus makes me a prime night kill target for scum.

TolyK: Your heated counterattack seems borderline OMGUS. Your motives are questionable. Such a heated defense would seem scummy, for a simple D1 read. Are you scum trying to RIA? Explain how mastacheese is buddying with Caz other than RVS vote.

Deathsword already covered the problems I have with this post. However, I'm wavering between voting Vivalas, Caz, or Comrade Shamrock. Not understanding how terms quite work isn't alignment-indicative, but this seems like an attempt to go after low-hanging fruit. Due to the holiday, it seems like it may be working, as well, since TolyK is likely to be lynched despite being relatively town.

Let's also consider the fact that voting for RVS at the end of Day 1 is incredibly scum-sided. It preserves a part of the game that relies on learning very little about your fellow players other than their personalities and playstyles, which are not particularly alignment-indicative.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 30, 2014, 05:17:46 pm »

So the day ends shortly.
It looks like TolyK is going to be randomly lynched, and Caz is going to be elected lookout.
Don't want a tie. Don't want a tie. Don't want a tie. TolyK, Vivalas is still learning that life is not like the wikis, let's give him 1 day.
So because you don't want a lynch and you don't want Vivalas to hang (why? Because he is new and it's still D1? Scummy behaviour is scummy behaviour), you will vote TolyK for only that? Despite the fact that you commented he was being randomly lynched (which implies you don't necessarily agree with the cases on him)?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 30, 2014, 05:48:54 pm »

Mastahcheese:You neglected to answer this:
Quote from: Deathsword
You seem to have missed that you could say you'd hide and then watch instead, though.
That would be lying. Why would you suggest this? It only encourages WIFOM.
If I asked you the same question, would you lie, and follow your own point?
No I wouldn't. Except your answer involved hypothetical scenarios, some in which you were scum. If you are ok with making hypothetical scenarios where you are scum, why are you uncomfortable to imagine ones where you lie, either as scum to deceive town or as town to preserve yourself? Even if you wouldn't actually do that.
Sorry, missed it.
I'm ok with making a hypothetical where I was scum because I used it to prove a point. Sure I could have included the concept of simply flat out lying, but that would get things really complicated, and I didn't feel like dealing with all that, since it's really nothing at all but a WIFOM block.
I don't quite get what the italized part is getting at?

mastahcheese
Caz: If someone on lookout got killed, what would that say about the people that voted to put them on lookout? To get the discussion in a new direction.
I don't think it would say anything particularly damning. Scum want to get scum on the lookout so they're more likely to try and swing a vote for one of their teammates, though this argument can become full of wifom very easily. If they flipped scum, I'd be looking closer at who voted for them, though.

What are your considerations when choosing who to vote for as the lookout?
Honestly, I haven't thought of much in the way of who to vote for lookout, since I don't really trust anyone, and I don't want to sit there myself. The lookout is simultaneously very potentially very powerful, yet also a giant damn bullseye.
I don't feel overly eager to have anyone up there.

Hmm.
No Watch

If it's more likely that a lookout choice is town than scum, why do you want no watch?
For the same reason I don't play Russian Roulette. 5 chances out of 6 sounds good until you realize the sixth slot has a bullet.

mastah, do you think there's any point in going after people who have shaky logic? Hint: loaded question.
Well, duh.
Loaded question is loaded.
If your logic sucks, it should be called out. Same goes for all logic, shaky or not. Question everything and trust nobody.
The fact that you actually take the time to question people who say you're town is good.
Conversely, the fact that you care that much about how people view could be taken as bad.
Is this logic shaky?

And now I see people are putting me on lookout duty. :I
Very well.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 30, 2014, 06:27:11 pm »

Guys, calm down, day doesn't end for about 17.5 hours. You've got time.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 06:42:30 pm by 4maskwolf »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 30, 2014, 07:36:42 pm »

You said Tuesday. There's only 13.5 hours left in Tuesday in the last timezone. Nobody even lives in that timezone.
The Cyan Menace

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 30, 2014, 07:38:00 pm »

EBWOP: Huh. Well, looking where the votecount shows day end, I was mistaken.
The Cyan Menace

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 30, 2014, 07:41:53 pm »

EBWOP: Huh. Well, looking where the votecount shows day end, I was mistaken.
I changed the day a few minutes after I posted the votecount, I thought it was supposed to have ended this morning, but it's going to end tomorrow morning (my time).
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 57