Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 91

Author Topic: XMAS 2014 GIVEAWAY - 25 Days of Scandinavian Heavy Metal Carols  (Read 152769 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: XMAS 2014 GIVEAWAY - 25 Days of Brutal & Relentless Puns
« Reply #570 on: December 10, 2014, 02:04:39 am »

Oh what the heck, add me to the 25 splurge too
It's FEF, not FEOF

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 10, 2014, 03:17:53 am »

Add me for  Cossacks: Art of War, Cossacks: Back to War, Cossacks: Campaign Expansion, Cossacks: European Wars Please.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 10, 2014, 04:14:02 am »

Mmph, my posts are all over the place :X

Editing previous one into this one for clarity:

Heck, even one Rebirth would make everyone happy.

Please add to $25 splurge!
It has spiders -_-
muhhhh...

Please add me to the
> $25 splurge
> AI War: Fleet Command
> S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
Thanks ahead!

I'm throwing another two copies of The Ship: Two Pack Gift onto the pile.
...are you serious?

...because of the timing, it very much seemed to me like a sarcastic attempt at humour, due to the confusion around the number of game-units contained within the gift-units.

That was 7 days ago, no response or mention of it until now.  No response = no donation, therefore no entry into donator-only draws.
Err, Aristabulus? You could account that Vector is busy-busy and she may have missed that post of yours, given that this thread sometimes jumps a few pages forward (and that, if logged on from a different PC, you won't see the 'pages already visited' highlight) :O
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 04:17:09 am by Tiruin »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #573 on: December 10, 2014, 08:01:37 am »

I'd like to be added to the $25 Steam Splurge and AI War: Collection 2014, although honestly I think Sappho should win the latter for that disturbing and yet intriguing slashfic.

Haha, no, no special treatment, please. I've won quite a few games already, and I don't have my heart set on this collection or anything. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to do some creative writing with such universal appeal.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 10, 2014, 08:30:06 am »

Added!

Scheduled your games to draw on the 25th.
Added!

Added!

Added!

Added!

Added!

Added!

It's fortunate for you that Fritz is late drawing these...  had he been on time, you'd have missed out already!
Added!

Err, Aristabulus? You could account that Vector is busy-busy and she may have missed that post of yours, given that this thread sometimes jumps a few pages forward (and that, if logged on from a different PC, you won't see the 'pages already visited' highlight) :O
And I'm not busy?  After a week, no answer is still an answer.  If Vector was serious, she could have (should have!) checked the schedule for these alleged copies of The Ship, not found them, and resolved the whole matter 6 days ago.  No sympathy from the guy who has a lab exam today, and is racing to get caught up here to catch an earlier bus.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: December 10, 2014, 08:47:12 am »

And I'm not busy?  After a week, no answer is still an answer.  If Vector was serious, she could have (should have!) checked the schedule for these alleged copies of The Ship, not found them, and resolved the whole matter 6 days ago.  No sympathy from the guy who has a lab exam today, and is racing to get caught up here to catch an earlier bus.
Oh no no! D:
Nothing of the sort--I'm not comparing busy-ness here, but...well, the interaction came across as a bit...tense back there when you and Vec noted the exchange and such--I did a bit of checking back; her only other post was in Dec 04, and it did not note the lack of which you mention above.
Err, its obvious you're stressed: and its ok :o I believe we mostly also assume that once requested--it is already put in (and...the response of 'are you serious' could also be taken as sarcasm in a good way), but...erm, yeah, the directness of a lacking 'added' is also a major note.
Still...I mean, my point is that it seems to have come off as tense. Yea, stressy days here + college work (pressure = high :( ) so...given that the giveaway is days away, anyway, it'd do with the lack of tension here :) Nobody but the pressure on both of ya is at fault, and such. Nor am I comparing whicheverthinghere.

Just noted you both seem a bit :I'ey. :)

bQt31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 10, 2014, 08:48:50 am »

Add: $25 Steam Splurge  ;D

I hope you broke a leg catching that earlier bus!

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #577 on: December 10, 2014, 08:56:21 am »

too late to sign up for

(game donators only) $10 game(s) of choice from webadict?

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 10, 2014, 09:13:47 am »

Added!

It's only too late when the drawing is already past!  ;)  That said, webadict may be late finding the time to do the draw.
Added!

-------

Tiruin, I may respond later, but I don't have the time right now.

Off the grid till after dinner.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: December 10, 2014, 09:41:49 am »

It's the 10th and there aren't any entrants for my Torchlight copy.  I'll give it to the first person who sends me a private message asking for it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: December 10, 2014, 09:53:55 am »

Tiruin, I may respond later, but I don't have the time right now.

Off the grid till after dinner.
Eep :-X Sorry if my responses may have caused a tad bit of D: in either of you.
Just isn't fun looking at two good friends o' mine (probably) being stressed.

On that note: Does the Giveaway stretch onto January 1/December 31?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: December 10, 2014, 10:42:05 am »

As well as developing games I work two part-time jobs, 8 hours or more most days including weekends. One of them is in comparative literature research. Getting my math degree was a lot easier than what I'm doing right now.

I really don't think that a miscommunication is worth publicly shaming someone, nor is a lack of sympathy for others something to parade around like it's something you're proud of--in the midst of a narrative about your own generosity. Some people are busier than you. Would you want to talk to a guy with a newborn that way? "Oh yeah, don't talk to me about busy, I'm in college."

You're a college student, at a stage of life when there are no real negative repercussions for being nasty. It's a fine time to start treating others with respect--if nothing else, as practice for working life (are you going to treat your subordinates like this?). I thought that IronTomato was an isolated incident, but it's become clear it's not (this is why I'm posting publicly rather than PMing you or just ignoring the whole situation, by the way). Politeness is not a sometimes, "just when I feel like it" or "just when I'm trying to get something from someone else" kind of thing. Adult life means that you're constantly stressed and overworked and putting out fires in your personal life, and it's within that context that you have to choose how you're going to treat others. You can do the "logical" thing and treat others like crap for minor missteps because you're in a position of authority and you're having a rough time, or you can decide to be decent and ethical despite everything going to shit. Either or. It's a decision you're going to be making constantly for the rest of your life.

Anyway, I really don't want to participate in a giveaway where the price of participation is implicitly supporting this sort of attitude. Please withdraw me from everything, and I hope you feel better once finals are over. It's a hard time for all of us.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: December 10, 2014, 10:49:41 am »

http://steamcommunity.com/id/goobo1

I have read the rules and wish to enter the draws for:

Kerbal Space Program
Natural Selection 2
World of Goo
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: December 10, 2014, 10:57:36 am »

Miscommunications + heavy stress happens, guys :-X Let's not jump to conclusions on either side when the events haven't occurred (or conclude early without giving direct instead of implied reasoning in between the process of communication please).
It's stressy for both of ya D: However its more stressful to allow those assumptions to get in the way of both your judgements.
Not this end of the year, please. Just...not this time.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 10, 2014, 10:58:29 am »

Spoiler: Tiruin <3 (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 91